The Possibilities of a Lebron - Ben Simmons Trade per Tom Haberstroh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Ben Simmons and Jimmy Butler for Lebron. I do this trade in a heartbeat.

You probably got to include Lonzo for 76ers to consider.

Lebron only traded if he asks out.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
This is a great idea. Ben Simmons can play a role similar to what Draymond Green plays with Durant out.

I'd have Simmons at the 4 or 5.

He is not playing the 4 or 5 on offense....he is playing PG...this is not a video game.

Ball will be playing with James, and James will be a PG on offense too just like Simmons.

Point being, Ball will have to get used to becoming a SG on offense regardless (especially in the halfcourt). Not really a stretch considering the fact that many keen observera before the draft saw him as a halfcourt SG anyway.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
This is a pure no-brainer.

LeBron is declining FAST! It's going to take more than three all-stars for LeBron to win again. LeBron needs too much help. Tired of drama.

Ben hasn't even figured out how to construct his first light saber yet. Will be a powerful Sith.

Agreed, you don't really have a brain if you do this deal
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Megaton wrote:

So what are we waiting for? Let’s get a protest going at Bron’s house.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

LeBron is declining FAST! It's going to take more than three all-stars for LeBron to win again. LeBron needs too much help. Tired of drama.

Ben hasn't even figured out how to construct his first light saber yet. Will be a powerful Sith.

It isn't a no brainer, because the team signed Lebron, and it sends the wrong message to free agents that you trade an all time top 10 great a year into his deal. The reason to do this is if it's clear we can't compete for a championship again next year and LBJ will have to try and fight for a lower playoff seed. If this is the case, you might as well make a trade like this. It allows Lebron to go back and dominate the East, be in the Finals every one of his remaining contract years. It allows the Lakers to still compete for a lower playoff seed and have a longterm exciting young core.

You guys can't have it both ways...

I am not sure if you are doing this, but there is a large contingency of posters who LOVE LeBron and are fans of the way he conducts his Me, Myself, and I empire. It was only a matter of time before it caught up with him. LeBron burned the candle at both ends and now we are supposed to have some sort of allegiance to him because of his place in the historical context of the NBA?

No sir... The Lakers will trade him as soon as it makes perfect sense for them. LeBron ruined any equity he had with the Lakers and their stakeholders the moment he tried to take over the franchise.

I have said it from the beginning... LeBron was a mistake and there are many owners and players around the league who resent him.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, if Lebron wanted to move on, I'd do a Simmons/Butler trade. As others have said, the optics would look bad if we traded him without his consent. If it's a mutual split, and he publicly states that he's ready to move on, you have to take that deal.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

It isn't a no brainer, because the team signed Lebron, and it sends the wrong message to free agents that you trade an all time top 10 great a year into his deal. The reason to do this is if it's clear we can't compete for a championship again next year and LBJ will have to try and fight for a lower playoff seed. If this is the case, you might as well make a trade like this. It allows Lebron to go back and dominate the East, be in the Finals every one of his remaining contract years. It allows the Lakers to still compete for a lower playoff seed and have a longterm exciting young core.

You guys can't have it both ways...

I am not sure if you are doing this, but there is a large contingency of posters who LOVE LeBron and are fans of the way he conducts his Me, Myself, and I empire. It was only a matter of time before it caught up with him. LeBron burned the candle at both ends and now we are supposed to have some sort of allegiance to him because of his place in the historical context of the NBA?

No sir... The Lakers will trade him as soon as it makes perfect sense for them. LeBron ruined any equity he had with the Lakers and their stakeholders the moment he tried to take over the franchise.

I have said it from the beginning... LeBron was a mistake and there are many owners and players around the league who resent him.

Only thing is you don't know what you are talking about.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

lol at lebron decling....

hes bad. always has been. you guys didnt watch and/or refuse to believe he is just bad. never has been good or great. hes fine, nothing wrong wtih him, just not great. oh but the stats! lol

yes, he INSTANTLY got old on the lakers. lol.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

it would seem the trolls have arrived.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Megaton wrote:

then I am out....they are getting Lebron James to go with Embiid and Harris. That should get them to the Finals 2 times. I would need a little more from them if I am taking a max Butler on for 4 years, and having to hope Simmons develops some type of shot.
mixtim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
mixtim wrote:
Yeah sure,trade a LeBron for the guy who took the paramount number of five (5) shots in a game 7
It takes a bunch of idiots to even think about the possibility
Oh wait

Bron is old enough to be Simmons dad. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. I'm flipping Simmons in my scenarios so we get to keep some of our kids, as well as get two max guys who have a longer window than Bron. If this pipedream can come true, I will proudly be an idiot.

Secondly, the front office surely has kicked the idea of trading Bron around, and we know they are all idiots. No sarcasm here. They are idiots.

I was not refering to you,but exactly to our disfunctional(to say the least) organization,they could really ponder this option.
I'm low on Simmons,he's ridicously talented,both phisically and technically,but the guy can't shoot,and plays without aggression,therefore lacking two incredibly important skills.
No way i'd trade LeBron for him,not even with a gun pointed to my head
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Can't think of a worse fit for Simmons than this team.

Agree... but to get a prospect like Simmons for LeBron (assuming LeBron actually wants to leave) is a great haul.

I bet u Phoenix will do ayton + top 1 protected 2019 and they will throw Josh Jackson for free

Phx probably would do Zion, Ayton & TJ Warren for Lebron.

Lebron & Booker would be a perfect duo. You'd then still have Tyler Johnson, Bridges, Josh Jackson, Oubre + cap space could turn into a top team.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

How is this even something people repeat?

Let me get this random non sequiter craziness straight.... The “trade” would be for one of the top 10 players in the league right now and possibly of all time (and I don’t even like his game) for a kid who was a non factor in the playoffs?

Let’s not even stop for a minute to consider the fact that salary-wise it would be swapping a max contract for a rookie contract - that would be way too much of a buzzkill to the nuttiness....

Let’s do Durant for Ingram and Wagner for Embiid while we’re at it!

Edward R Murrow is rolling over in his grave...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Agree... but to get a prospect like Simmons for LeBron (assuming LeBron actually wants to leave) is a great haul.

I bet u Phoenix will do ayton + top 1 protected 2019 and they will throw Josh Jackson for free

Lebron & Booker would be a perfect duo. You'd then still have Tyler Johnson, Bridges, Josh Jackson, Oubre + cap space could turn into a top team.

You do that trade every single day and not give a F about the backlash or how it were perceived. Get the best prospect since Lebron and 16/10 C entering his 2nd year. If that trade were ever to be offered, you accept and not give a f bc in 3-5 years, we'd own the league and be called geniuses.

But no, Phx wouldn't do that, I don't think.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

You do that trade every single day and not give a F about the backlash or how it were perceived. Get the best prospect since Lebron and 16/10 C entering his 2nd year. If that trade were ever to be offered, you accept and not give a f bc in 3-5 years, we'd own the league and be called geniuses.

ZERO chance the Suns do a Zion, Ayton & TJ Warren for Lebron trade! .....Never, how could you even begin to imagine this?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

ZERO chance the Suns do a Zion, Ayton & TJ Warren for Lebron trade! .....Never, how could you even begin to imagine this?

Because the Suns just continue to add lottery pick after lottery pick and can’t win. Maybe Zion is the answer, but that team has so many players that play losing basketball, they probably should try to focus on getting a win now star to pair with Booker. Booker and Lebron alone turn PHX into a contender. PHX would then have the cap space to go after another star or look to absorb say Mike Conley.

My bigger concern is from the Lakers POV. We basically turn into PHX and adding Zion and Ayton without a true star doesn’t really move the needle.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

If Durant leaves GS, Lebron and Booker would be the best scoring duo in the league.

They’d be instant champion contenders. That is hard for a team to turn down.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
How is this even something people repeat?

Let me get this random non sequiter craziness straight.... The “trade” would be for one of the top 10 players in the league right now and possibly of all time (and I don’t even like his game) for a kid who was a non factor in the playoffs?

Let’s not even stop for a minute to consider the fact that salary-wise it would be swapping a max contract for a rookie contract - that would be way too much of a buzzkill to the nuttiness....

Let’s do Durant for Ingram and Wagner for Embiid while we’re at it!

Edward R Murrow is rolling over in his grave...

Butler would be included in the trade.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

If Durant leaves GS, Lebron and Booker would be the best scoring duo in the league.

Would you trade Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and 11 for Booker?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'd turn it down in a second if I were them. They are 28th in the league in offense and 29th in defense. Lebron isn't going to solve all their problems, especially on defense. I wouldn't give up Zion and Ayton for a 35-year-old Lebron.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Would you trade Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, and 11 for Booker?

Hell no.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
2019 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Teams would trade for a 34yo LeBron to win now, that's not the case in Phoenix.

I see few teams willing to give some good assets for LeBron now: Philly, Houston, maybe Toronto. OKC would love to, but they have nothing to give.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

They just got a veteran head coach - that’s for Lebron not for someone like Simmons.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I don't even know how you make it work b/c Simmons makes so much less than LBJ (aside from your point which I totally agree with about us showing that we bought a Ferrari and later realized we can't drive a stick shift)...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

You don’t trade lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10
Jump to: