The Possibilities of a Lebron - Ben Simmons Trade per Tom Haberstroh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

We have not had a team with so many good young players and with this cap-space since ______ (fill in the blank)?

I have no sense what the big free agents think of Ball, Ingram, Kuz, etc. No idea if they are considered a positive, neutral or negative. That said, I doubt anyone is looking at this group and thinking they are on the verge of becoming the next big thing.

I'm reading that LBJ is probably the biggest and best KL recruiter.

Our young guys, especially Lonzo missing 30+ games and BI 23+ games for the 2nd year in a row are not exactly the biggest recruits.

My pipe for winning it all is trading our #4 with some pieces to get AD, sign Kawhi or Kyrie in free agency.

My pipe for a reset is Zion forcing his way out of New Orleans, Lebron being okay with going to Phily. Ben Simmons to New Orleans, Bron to Philly, #1 to Lakers and we rebuild around a line-up that features Zion, BI, Zo, Kuz.

I can go either way.

Zion has no leverage to force his way anywhere Pelicans aren't trading him.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
If we land Ben then we have to trade Zo. There isn’t enough room for two playmakers who can’t shoot.

Zo? oh right, you mean the guy with the crazy talking trump dad, who played 30 games every season and wanted to be traded to phoenix? Yeah wow what would we do without THAT guy
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

We have not had a team with so many good young players and with this cap-space since ______ (fill in the blank)?

I have no sense what the big free agents think of Ball, Ingram, Kuz, etc. No idea if they are considered a positive, neutral or negative. That said, I doubt anyone is looking at this group and thinking they are on the verge of becoming the next big thing.

Our young guys, especially Lonzo missing 30+ games and BI 23+ games for the 2nd year in a row are not exactly the biggest recruits.

My pipe for winning it all is trading our #4 with some pieces to get AD, sign Kawhi or Kyrie in free agency.

My pipe for a reset is Zion forcing his way out of New Orleans, Lebron being okay with going to Phily. Ben Simmons to New Orleans, Bron to Philly, #1 to Lakers and we rebuild around a line-up that features Zion, BI, Zo, Kuz.

I can go either way.

Can't Zion simply choose to play another year at Duke? Seems like leverage to me.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:

Can't Zion simply choose to play another year at Duke? Seems like leverage to me.

He could but he'd be passing up on $100m of guaranteed money? (I don't know how much superstars earn on shoe deals, etc... just throwing out a high number.) What if he went back to Duke and got injured bad enough that he had to retire? Or what if he went back but the Pels won the lottery again when he renters the draft in the future? He's going to whoever drafts him IMO... too much at risk.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Why does this thread exist. Bron isn’t going anywhere. You guys must love to type for no reason.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

I can go either way.

Sort of yes and sort of no.

NBA Draft process will be different this year

Quote:

To return to school, players must withdraw from the NBA draft by May 29. Those who do withdraw must terminate their representation agreements before enrolling in the next academic term.

If the Pelicans won't budge on trading the #1, then Zion needs to make his move by May 29.

So he has some leverage, but not as much as you are suggesting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: