The Lakers are Officially Knicks-West
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Posts: 183
Location: 92115

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Official ?


Yeah. I do not think dude knows the actually meaning of the word....
_________________
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12336

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Shut up that’s the dumbest thought ever based on the (bleep). Lakers have been trending up in wins each of the past four seasons the Knicks have been losing more games each season. The Lakers have young talent and a lotto pick. The Knicks just have a lotto pick. The Lakers have a top 3 player on their roster and max slot in cap space. The Knicks traded away their young star for a mediocre guard they could have drafted instead of drafting frank. The Lakers across the hall rival will lose some of their best guys to sign a star this summer. The Knicks cross town rival has a allstar in place and a max slot. They also have young talent and culture there. Other than Two max slots there really isn’t anything attractive about the Knicks so no we’re not even close to being in the same situation. So shut your negative mouths
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 3711

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are Officially Knicks-West

socalsp3 wrote:
It seems Kurt Rambis and possibly Phil are running things behind the scenes like they did in NY. We have a clueless owner in charge who does not know how to hire a decent FO. And a mediocre coach now taking the helm. The Knicks will never win a ring with Dolan, and I hate to say it but the Lakers will never win a ring with Jeanie in charge of it all. Tough times ahead. Will it be 30-40 years before we sniff at a ring like the Knicks?


Not really. I think the FO is 2 for 2. Vogel and Kidd I think was a great hire, especially since they signed for 3 years...LeBron window. Judy Seto was a great hire ....Kobe swore by here...funny when she left Kobe’s injuries appeared. Now the draft will be big but even bigger the summer. This is where the real test begins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2924

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Shut up that’s the dumbest thought ever based on the (bleep). Lakers have been trending up in wins each of the past four seasons the Knicks have been losing more games each season. The Lakers have young talent and a lotto pick. The Knicks just have a lotto pick. The Lakers have a top 3 player on their roster and max slot in cap space. The Knicks traded away their young star for a mediocre guard they could have drafted instead of drafting frank. The Lakers across the hall rival will lose some of their best guys to sign a star this summer. The Knicks cross town rival has a allstar in place and a max slot. They also have young talent and culture there. Other than Two max slots there really isn’t anything attractive about the Knicks so no we’re not even close to being in the same situation. So shut your negative mouths


I wouldn’t compare the Knicks lotto pick this year to the Lakers. The porzingis trade was a salary dump of hardaway to get to 2 max. without the FO drama they may do just that. Things are looking better for them once they got rid of Rambis and Phil and replaced them with a competent FO. It seems the Lakers are taking over for worst run franchise in the NBA from the knicks with Rambis and Phil in charge.
_________________
The KUZ is Loose!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FedericoV
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 21 Apr 2017
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

We are not Knicks West. I'm italian, and I've been supporting the Lakers since the 80s and the showtime era (LAL is my second favourite sport franchise beside AC Milan in football).

I live in a little town in rural tuscany. This morning while I was going to work I've seen a teenager going to school with a purple and gold jacket. I looked better and I've seen the Lakers logo: a laker jacket. That's Lakers reach and strenght, even after years of irrelevance in sport terms. So, don't buy the media. We're still kings.

Truth is we are only two or three steps away from being contenders and considering the lack of competence shown by our FOs in the last years that's not a bad position at all.

We only have to take back controll of the narrative about the Lakers. What happens in LA... happens anywhere in the NBA. Only... the press overblow any negative and minimize the positive because it generates buzz and clicks.

Lakers FO need to sort out the decision making process and find a better way to comunicate their rationale to the fans because for any positive spin in the media, you read ten negative ones and their strategy of counter reporting isn't working anymore and it's outdated in the internet era.

Ok, easier said than done but we are not doomed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 3410

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

FedericoV wrote:
We are not Knicks West. I'm italian, and I've been supporting the Lakers since the 80s and the showtime era (LAL is my second favourite sport franchise beside AC Milan in football).

I live in a little town in rural tuscany. This morning while I was going to work I've seen a teenager going to school with a purple and gold jacket. I looked better and I've seen the Lakers logo: a laker jacket. That's Lakers reach and strenght, even after years of irrelevance in sport terms. So, don't buy the media. We're still kings.

Truth is we are only two or three steps away from being contenders and considering the lack of competence shown by our FOs in the last years that's not a bad position at all.

We only have to take back controll of the narrative about the Lakers. What happens in LA... happens anywhere in the NBA. Only... the press overblow any negative and minimize the positive because it generates buzz and clicks.

Lakers FO need to sort out the decision making process and find a better way to comunicate their rationale to the fans because for any positive spin in the media, you read ten negative ones and their strategy of counter reporting isn't working anymore and it's outdated in the internet era.

Ok, easier said than done but we are not doomed.

:']
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 52072

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject:

Knicks signed bad contract after bad contract and never were able to sign a player like Lebron James in free agency. Please.

I see the comparison because of the disruption within the FO and an owner that people are questioning.

But we are far far from being the Knicks. Knicks in the Dolan era have never had what we have today.

Lebron - Mount Rushmore possibly talent

Rookie scale contracts
Ingram
Ball
4th pick
Kuzma

Max slot available to offer for an all-star free agent

We are in a position the Knicks have not been under Dolan.
Even now the Knicks have major capspace but not the young talent and Lebron, like we do. To become a contender, the Knicks need to make 3 major moves. We need to make 1 to be a contender, 2 to be a front runner contender.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12336

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Shut up that’s the dumbest thought ever based on the (bleep). Lakers have been trending up in wins each of the past four seasons the Knicks have been losing more games each season. The Lakers have young talent and a lotto pick. The Knicks just have a lotto pick. The Lakers have a top 3 player on their roster and max slot in cap space. The Knicks traded away their young star for a mediocre guard they could have drafted instead of drafting frank. The Lakers across the hall rival will lose some of their best guys to sign a star this summer. The Knicks cross town rival has a allstar in place and a max slot. They also have young talent and culture there. Other than Two max slots there really isn’t anything attractive about the Knicks so no we’re not even close to being in the same situation. So shut your negative mouths


I wouldn’t compare the Knicks lotto pick this year to the Lakers. The porzingis trade was a salary dump of hardaway to get to 2 max. without the FO drama they may do just that. Things are looking better for them once they got rid of Rambis and Phil and replaced them with a competent FO. It seems the Lakers are taking over for worst run franchise in the NBA from the knicks with Rambis and Phil in charge.


Knicks have 3rd the Lakers have 4th how are they are not comparable? As far as Phil goes he was the only bright spot on the Knicks in recent years. They fired him after letting him pick their player in the draft that is the definition of a poorly ran organization. Knicks issue was never the GM it was owner and it’s still the owner. These fools tanked after the rules changed smh lol
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 913

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have differentiated themselves from the Knicks in being able to get marquee players like Lebron and AD. The Knicks have been trying to do that for years and have failed. We've turned the corner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
twisted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 1039

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject:

Unbelievable.

We arguably get the best player in the off-season in AD. We got the best FA in Lebron last year.

Knicks used their capspace and signed Randle, Bobby Portis, and Taj Gibson to a combined $114M in contracts. Three guys who play the same position as Kevin Knox.

How are we in any shape or form similar with the Knicks?

Edit: Just realized its an old thread that somehow got bumped. Anyway, yeah, Knicks suck
_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_61Dq6lXMI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12336

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
The Lakers have differentiated themselves from the Knicks in being able to get marquee players like Lebron and AD. The Knicks have been trying to do that for years and have failed. We've turned the corner.


The Knicks haven’t changed how they do things and that’s why they missed out on Durant and Kyrie. Same ole Knicks.
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 331

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

I'm a little shocked KD and kyrie wouldn't sign with the Knicks. I'd think bringing the Garden back to contention would be an admirable feat? Players hate Dolan that much?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 743

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:40 am    Post subject:

I figured KD would do a LeBron and go to a (bleep) team and make moves to make them relevant again in a big market.

Looks like Kyrie and KD basically were tampering all season long, considering they also took less to accommodate Jordan.

All in all though, poor Knicks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
I'm a little shocked KD and kyrie wouldn't sign with the Knicks. I'd think bringing the Garden back to contention would be an admirable feat? Players hate Dolan that much?

This has nothing to do with Dolan hate. The Knicks didn't want to offer KD the max due to concerns he won't be the same after coming back from achilles tear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 445

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

It is quite funny that this thread got bumped........

Maybe ppl should put a little more thought into (or have a little more patience) before making a thread like this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32412

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

RIP Knicks fans....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB