Trade or Keep Laker’s 4th Pick?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lakers 4th Pick - Keep or Trade?
Keep & draft prospect
29%
 29%  [ 60 ]
Trade in package for AD
50%
 50%  [ 103 ]
Trade in package for Bradley Beal
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
Trade in package for someone else
9%
 9%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 202

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject:

Without even studying the prospects this year, there's no question each draft has hidden stars. I see how late guys like Donovan Mitchell or Devin Booker were drafted and suddenly the 4th pick doesn't sound so bad. I know the scouting department will do their research on this, and I hope the Lakers exercise due diligence here and put a high premium on this draft. This pick could be a franchise altering in the long run. IMO, long term success > the chance at short term success.

And besides, this will make summer league a lot more interesting.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
LeBron + Max FA + Aging "young" core is enough to have a shot at the finals. The #4 pick can take next year to develop for when LeBron declines, or, with luck, step into some kind of contributory role from the start.

LeBron + AD is nice, but I would question our depth. AD is prone to nagging injuries and LeBron is going to be 35, so I'd prefer to have our productive capabilities spread out a bit more. Having Kuz/Zo/Hart/BI accomplishes that. And make so mistake, the Pels will ask for at least 3 out of those 4.

This.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
LALdynasty! wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
definitely trade for AD but only if we can sign a max player before

That would take trading most of team minus LeBron to create enough cap space to be able to absorb ADs contract while adding another max player. Would end up being like a 6 or 7 for 1 deal. I don’t see that happening.

Not how it would work.

Lakers would sign a Max player, then need trade ~22m in salary to get AD. That could be the #4 pick (after 30 days), Ingram and Ball.

I suppose that could work, but it would leave the Lakers very shallow at a time when most free agents will have already signed with another team. It also assumes that we are drafting for the Pelicans before knowing if they will actually agree to a trade with us. Unless we could agree in principle to a trade pre-draft and wait a month to submit it. Not even sure if that is legal.

And in my opinion we’d be overpaying by giving up our top 3 young players for AD. I just don’t see it happening regardless of whether we could make salaries work.

I do think the Lakers will EITHER get a max player or trade for AD. I think both happening is incredibly unlikely. If it comes down to trading for AD I would predict it happening at the trade deadline or during the season once the Lakers have other contracts available to trade.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:18 am    Post subject:

I don't see how it helps us net Davis, but we will see. I guess, if Davis holds to his trade demand, and NO agrees to send him to us, then yes, that pick heads to NO. But, I don't really see that pick moving the needle much for New Orleans.

I would trade the pick, though.

Look, we had the #2 pick three straight years, and we've seen how that doesn't move the needle quickly.

I frequently think about how the Celtics turned the #5 pick in the draft into Ray Allen. (I know, there were other moving parts, but the #5 pick was the central piece heading to Seattle).

That's the type of move I'd like to see here.

It's time.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

Keep adding to the team. Keep the pick and sign a quality free agent or two. Most importantly a more motivated James returns. The team is deep and improved if the chemistry is right.

Where are all the posters extolling the “ but they were 4th before all the injuries” theory? Shouldn’t this team be better?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

If our pick is still at 11th then I wouldn’t say this but now I think if we can’t land a max agent this summer we should seriously conside trading Lebron. Ingram strggules a lot to be play off the ball around LBJ. Now we are going to draft and develop another star potential prospect. Having LBJ on the team will only halt his/their growth. I will ask teams with many young prospects such as the Kings, Suns and Celtics, and see who has the best offer.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

Trade it. I'm not excited about this draft class. I don't think Garland or Hunter or Culver end up being great, so it's not worth the investment at this stage of their careers.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
If our pick is still at 11th then I wouldn’t say this but now I think if we can’t land a max agent this summer we should seriously conside trading Lebron. Ingram strggules a lot to be play off the ball around LBJ. Now we are going to draft and develop another star potential prospect. Having LBJ on the team will only halt his/their growth. I will ask teams with many young prospects such as the Kings, Suns and Celtics, and see who has the best offer.

Dude it's not happening...you're wasting your typing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

I love how the "Trade LBJ" crowd is slithering through so many threads. Get over it, it ain't happening (at least not this year and def only if he demands it).
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

I’m not opposed to trading James and returning to a longer term growth type of plan. But James can and should be traded if he requests a trade to a contender.

Return would be more in line with the Rockets or Sixers proposals being discussed the past few days. Not prospects from a rebuilding team.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

time for the trading to end...time for the ballin to begin
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

The simplest answer is we acquire a max free agent - KL, Kyrie, or Kemba (maybe Butler, but I'd prefer our max free agent to be a better perimeter player than Lebron) . Then we acquire the best fit for our needs, which if we get a guard in free agency, is likely a forward. Now if we go with Butler or Vuc. as a free agent, then we draft a guard.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

It is impossible to answer this poll question because it all depends on who you can actually trade the pick for, and, who else the trade partner wants in the AD/Beal deals.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject:

I trade the pick for Davis in the right offer.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

I would trade the #4 pick, for the #1 pick straight up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Man, just don't have a good feeling about the Pels trading AD to us. Seems personal for whatever reason.

I think it'll be some darkhorse team that trades for him. Maybe something like CJ McCollum for AD to pair Dame/AD together.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Trade the pick, after Zion and Ja....the drop-off is huge
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Trade the pick, after Zion and Ja....the drop-off is huge

Then why would a team want to trade anything meaningful for it?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Man, just don't have a good feeling about the Pels trading AD to us. Seems personal for whatever reason.

I think it'll be some darkhorse team that trades for him. Maybe something like CJ McCollum for AD to pair Dame/AD together.

A lot of it will depends on what Kyrie does... He stays in BOS then were not sniffing AD. Might still have a chance if he goes to the Knicks. Kyrie comes here then we have a really good chance.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It is personal. NBA radio reported that Woj said last night that LA will attempt to trade with NO and that Rob got mad.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If Griffin trade AD, he gonna want to rebuild, young/picks > McCollum in this case
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If Griffin trade AD, he gonna want to rebuild, young/picks > McCollum in this case

Maybe, but I do think there's some animus b/w Benson/Pels against the Lakers for some reason. So maybe they take the Knicks package out of spite instead.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Maybe, but I do think there's some animus b/w Benson/Pels against the Lakers for some reason. So maybe they take the Knicks package out of spite instead.

Maybe, actually seems like it from Magic's trade attempt but we could beat Knicks package
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Maybe, actually seems like it from Magic's trade attempt but we could beat Knicks package

Can we beat?... Knox + Robinson + #3 and maybe DSJ/Lance Thomas with a chance of pairing Barrett with Zion again?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I love how the "Trade LBJ" crowd is slithering through so many threads. Get over it, it ain't happening (at least not this year and def only if he demands it).

Well, it's evened out because you're popping up everywhere to contest every "trade LeBron" suggestion.

I didn't realize you'd become such a Bronner, it's been less than a year! If he was younger, I'd totally understand... but at age 34 (soon to be 35)?

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed May 15, 2019 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: