Magic on First Take spilling the beans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 5:27 am    Post subject:

This is yesterday's news....anything for a headline....Forget the past..move on...It's Pelinka, Vogel, Kidd...they report decisions to Jeanie and Kurt consults...somewhere in here I'm sure LeBron is consulted as well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
So Magic the Bully and Rob the liar

And Jeanie the root of it all. The Lakers will suffer until the franchise is sold and we have new ownership.

The Lakers are in the James Dolan, Dan Snyder, (insert every other terrible ownership group here) circle of hell now. Would have never thought that less than 10 years ago, with Dr. Buss still alive.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Sago wrote:

And Jeanie the root of it all. The Lakers will suffer until the franchise is sold and we have new ownership.

The Lakers are in the James Dolan, Dan Snyder, (insert every other terrible ownership group here) circle of hell now. Would have never thought that less than 10 years ago, with Dr. Buss still alive.

Did you see Monty Williams interview on how impressed he was with Jeanie in regards to being genuine and caring of not only the team but the employees and their families. I'm giving the FO the summer...if they score a top FA then it's all good. IMO the cancer was Magic and he's gone.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Sago wrote:

Did you see Monty Williams interview on how impressed he was with Jeanie in regards to being genuine and caring of not only the team but the employees and their families. I'm giving the FO the summer...if they score a top FA then it's all good. IMO the cancer was Magic and he's gone.

I’m willing to give it the summer, but I’m 95% sure this starts with Jeanie/Linda and trickles down.

If they strike out, I think the pitchforks and protesting will get a lot louder. We will see. It feels like Jeanie could be driven crazy enough to sell/quit just like Magic couldn’t handle it anymore.

A few power players are waiting for Jeanie to sabotage herself. The fact that she is trusting Linda with this leads me to believe that it could happen. We will find out.

This is all just sad man. It used to be all about the chip. Now it’s like a pathetic high school environment that everyone laughs at...
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
King Randle wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Sago wrote:

I’m willing to give it the summer, but I’m 95% sure this starts with Jeanie/Linda and trickles down.

If they strike out, I think the pitchforks and protesting will get a lot louder. We will see. It feels like Jeanie could be driven crazy enough to sell/quit just like Magic couldn’t handle it anymore.

A few power players are waiting for Jeanie to sabotage herself. The fact that she is trusting Linda with this leads me to believe that it could happen. We will find out.

This is all just sad man. It used to be all about the chip. Now it’s like a pathetic high school environment that everyone laughs at...

Your points are valid and legit....where I differ is this Linda stuff...Linda and Kurt to me are one in the same....so Kurt is the adviser...Linda echos what he thinks to Jeanie cuz they're super close...I think the media way over plays this...I could be wrong...Again let's see what happens this summer...if they strike out and make some bad deals then yes it's panic time.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
where I differ is this Linda stuff...Linda and Kurt to me are one in the same....so Kurt is the adviser...Linda echos what he thinks to Jeanie cuz they're super close

That's unlikely, to be honest. Linda's relationship with Jeanie goes back almost 40 years. I think we're looking at a different sort of dynamic.

By the way, one of my takeaways from Magic's comments and from the Baxter Holmes piece is that the conspiracy theories about Kurt Rambis were way overblown. His name hardly came up at all.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
King Randle wrote:
where I differ is this Linda stuff...Linda and Kurt to me are one in the same....so Kurt is the adviser...Linda echos what he thinks to Jeanie cuz they're super close

That's unlikely, to be honest. Linda's relationship with Jeanie goes back almost 40 years. I think we're looking at a different sort of dynamic.

By the way, one of my takeaways from Magic's comments and from the Baxter Holmes piece is that the conspiracy theories about Kurt Rambis were way overblown. His name hardly came up at all.

I hear you bro....my point is Linda echos to Jeanie what Kurt and Linda discuss. I find it hard to believe Linda is completely on her own advising Jeanie...Linda and Kurt are married..I'm sure they talk about everything like most couples. No way in hell do I believe that Kurt would talk to Linda and say, "I'm impressed with Lue...let's give him a 5 year deal." And then Linda tells Jeanie..."I don't trust Lue...don't give him the job." No way in hell does something like that go on. Absolute nonsense.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I hear you bro....my point is Linda echos to Jeanie what Kurt and Linda discuss. I find it hard to believe Linda is completely on her own advising Jeanie...Linda and Kurt are married..I'm sure they talk about everything like most couples. No way in hell do I believe that Kurt would talk to Linda and say, "I'm impressed with Lue...let's give him a 5 year deal." And then Linda tells Jeanie..."I don't trust Lue...don't give him the job." No way in hell does something like that go on. Absolute nonsense.

The more likely scenario is that Kurt tells Jeanie what he thinks. The conspiracy theory assumes that Jeanie is a puppet for Linda. I never found that to be believable. It’s more likely that all of these people talk to each other directly.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Before ya'll go

"Hey... let's give this more time.. the whole story is.... etc"

Remember how much venom some of ya'll had for Jim and Mitch. Now imagine if this story came out about them a season after not making the playoffs after signing LeBron and losing Russell and Randle, not signing Lopez and now ALL OF THIS drama coming out about true inadequacies and lack of basketball knowledge in the FO.

Then ask yourself if you'd be talking about 'give them one more summer'.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Before ya'll go

Remember how much venom some of ya'll had for Jim and Mitch. Now imagine if this story came out about them a season after not making the playoffs after signing LeBron and losing Russell and Randle, not signing Lopez and now ALL OF THIS drama coming out about true inadequacies and lack of basketball knowledge in the FO.

Sorry but the comparison is not valid....Magic put together a team that was not well balanced yet when healthy they were play-off bound. There are no untradeable contracts on this team. That FO wasn't even able to get FA meetings and when they did they botched them...Do you remember the Aldridge do over? Put that together with the Deng and Mozgov contracts and that was the the demise of Mitch and Jim.

Did anyone listen to Baxter Holmes on the Keyshon show. Talk about not credible...most of his info came from friends of staffers...He was not granted interviews to anyone important. Talk about an opportunist. This guy is a buffoon. Yes..I'm willing to see what happens with the draft and free agency before passing any further judgement on the current FO.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Before ya'll go

Personally, I just see some next level (bleep) going on here.

Imo Jeanie is seen as someone weak for ownership of a multi-billion dollar franchise and all the vultures are just prepping and feeding into the deterioration of the “once proud” and “crown jewel of NBA.”

AEG, Klutch and others are sitting on the sidelines ready to pounce as Jeanie breaks down. That’s what it looks like imo.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

Magic is right on one thing, there is too many chefs in the kitchen...When Dr. Buss was around you knew everything went thru him, all decisions involving Lakers business had one person having the final say.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Personally, I just see some next level (bleep) going on here.

Imo Jeanie is seen as someone weak for ownership of a multi-billion dollar franchise and all the vultures are just prepping and feeding into the deterioration of the “once proud” and “crown jewel of NBA.”

AEG, Klutch and others are sitting on the sidelines ready to pounce as Jeanie breaks down. That’s what it looks like imo.

I think you may be right.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Before ya'll go

I was on board with Mitch and Jim.
But I was upset at their last 2 free agent signings (in hindsight )
But if Mitch and Jim got us Lebron, I would have given them more time.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Watching Jerry West's interview with Graham 2 years ago and you can just sense the huge difference in mentality between Jerry and everyone else....

Lakers have no leaders.....

We need a leader/s.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63
Page 63 of 63
Jump to: