Gentleman Jack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Gentleman Jack

New HBO series based on the true story of a remarkable woman ahead of her time. I read about her in one of those “most badass” buzzfeed type articles years ago and thought they should do a movie or tv show on her, and I’m glad to see that HBO is doing it. Saw the first few episodes, and I’m in, but their inconsistent use of fourth wall breaking is a little strange.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I just posted/responded to DaMuleRules in the TV shows thread. After a couple episodes, I was ready to give up....but the last couple make me believe it may be more interesting than I initially expected. It was a little slow in the beginning.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

If I recall, Ann Walker is very wealthy because she inherited from her parents who passed when she was young.....but has the show ever given an idea how wealthy she is? Anne Lister is not poor by any measure, but it is clear that Ms. Walker is much much more wealthy, but I am not sure how the really measure the difference.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Apparently Anne Walker gets 2500 pounds a month in spending money, which presumably doesn’t count all the money needed to maintain and upkeep her properties and pay her staff salaries, and probably doesn’t count money she provides to her sister and other family members. Since this was back in the 1800s, I believe, that would mean with inflation it would be equivalent to over 300k today for her personal use every month.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: