I been through a range of Panic mode emotions with our Lakers.. But.. Reality has set in.. And.. We're actually in a favorable position going forward.. Hear me out

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:27 pm    Post subject: I been through a range of Panic mode emotions with our Lakers.. But.. Reality has set in.. And.. We're actually in a favorable position going forward.. Hear me out

1..Hope to land a tier 1 or tier 2 Max free agent... If we strike out on that then....

2...Make a trade for Bradley Beal without coughing up our #4 Pick. Offer Ball... Hart.. Mo Wag (and I'm a Michigan guy.. Love Mo Wag)... Do it... Other than that...if that don't work out... Keep the pick! There's 4 or 5 prospects I see at that pick that will be damn good!

3. Wait it out and see if Davis can land as a free agent... Don't give up the farm for him. If he lands in 2020..kool.. If not.. We have a talented enough roster in place to compete in the west.. Warriors not getting younger.. Rockets on verge of imploding... Trailblazers and Nuggets will be prime contenders...But I like our youth and incoming draft prospect..

Thoughts
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

The best play is to sign a max free agent, and keep the #4 pick. I really don’t want to trade the pick or a Ball, Ingram, unless it is to get us a second max player in a trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

I agree

Btw not to ruin your thread what do you guys think of going after Gobert if we can’t get a max FA?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

WASH will want a lot for Beal.. like Ball+BI.. and btw those two project to be better than this years #4 pick
I agree that if we can just wait and sign AD next year we’re in good shape. BI would have to go for cap reasons; hopefully we could trade him for a picki guess
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

When you begin your idea with “hope”, chances are it isn’t going to go well. But I love that you are optimistic, it’s been hard for me to feel that way. Opening LG and seeing “BREAKING NEWS, Jeanie Buss has resigned” might get me there.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I agree

Btw not to ruin your thread what do you guys think of going after Gobert if we can’t get a max FA?

It's a no for me... No knock at Gobert.. But the center position as currently constructed in the modern day game comes with added need beyond blocking and rebounding.. Now bigs need to have some type of outside game.. Good enough to keep the defense honest.. Take a look at the ECF.. Lopez and Gasol were a huge impact mainly because they could hit outside shots and the 3 ball from time to time.. I think if we spend a nice amount of money on a big it has to be a big that can give us something at times on the perimeter
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
When you begin your idea with “hope”, chances are it isn’t going to go well. But I love that you are optimistic, it’s been hard for me to feel that way. Opening LG and seeing “<b>BREAKING NEWS</b>, Jeanie Buss has resigned” might get me there.

VLF. How about BREAKING NEWS. Free beer and parking at all Laker games until they get into the playoffs?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

no need to create a new thread....this easily fits with the FA thread and others.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I been through a range of Panic mode emotions with our Lakers.. But.. Reality has set in.. And.. We're actually in a favorable position going forward.. Hear me out

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
Thoughts

We're not in a favorable position going forward, but we could turn it around this summer. Magic's grand scheme could still work, even if he isn't in charge any more.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

In some ways we're in a favorable position with our assets, but in other ways we're not.

Our front office either sucks or at least gives off the imagery of sucking. If it's only the latter, it's pretty much as bad as the former as far as big time free agents wanting to sign with us because they don't know any better.

If we have to wait for AD to sign in 2020 to contend for titles it will probably be too late. Lebron will turn 36 that season, and who knows if he can still play at an elite level at that point for two more seasons.

Imo it's win now this offseason or bust.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Optimism is belief in practice. Belief and expectation are separate things. Recognize the two for what they are. Temper expectation, believe in the team. Expect hunger of your personnel. Be optimistic that they take advantage of this short period of their lives to reach their potential. You control your belief. They control their work ethic. Evaluate that, and base your expectation on your evaluation.

PS: BI is the future of the franchise and I’m all in.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

I feel like you could've tried to fit a few more sentences into the title of this thread.

I'm much disappointed.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Sleep better
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I been through a range of Panic mode emotions with our Lakers.. But.. Reality has set in.. And.. We're actually in a favorable position going forward.. Hear me out

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
1..Hope to land a tier 1 or tier 2 Max free agent... If we strike out on that then....

2...Make a trade for Bradley Beal without coughing up our #4 Pick. Offer Ball... Hart.. Mo Wag (and I'm a Michigan guy.. Love Mo Wag)... Do it... Other than that...if that don't work out... Keep the pick! There's 4 or 5 prospects I see at that pick that will be damn good!

3. Wait it out and see if Davis can land as a free agent... Don't give up the farm for him. If he lands in 2020..kool.. If not.. We have a talented enough roster in place to compete in the west.. Warriors not getting younger.. Rockets on verge of imploding... Trailblazers and Nuggets will be prime contenders...But I like our youth and incoming draft prospect..

Thoughts

Good points. On #2, don't trade to much for Beal. I'm not convinced that he is significantly better than BI and he costs more.

The #4 pick could be the biggest under stated part of the entire package of value. There is going to be a great player available and possibly a real star if the Knicks screw up like they usually do. The negative is that you have a rook and LeBron is short on time but if you get a top tier FA, then the #4 might be worth keeping, because it could be cheap talent.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowSince84 wrote:

Thoughts

This seems like the generic cross-your-fingers post we've seen for the last few years.

We hope to land a top free agent, and we hope the young guys will develop, and we hope that whoever we draft will turn into a star.

The question, as always, is whether the hope will translate into reality. And that we shall see.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 pm    Post subject:

When the title is actually the first paragraph...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

When logic overcomes emotion.
Congrats
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Say what you will... another random LG poster who has more common sense than our front office last season.

Hopefully Rob wasn't part of the problem.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: