Trading lonzo ball would be a tremendous mistake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Trading Michael Carter Williams with better court vision is a fine idea in my book.

MCW career eFG% 42.3%

Lonzo Ball eFG% at 21 48.8%
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

I agree trading him would be a bad idea as his value is at an all time low.

This guy needs to find a way to play 75+ regular season games next year, time to take the training wheels off and be a big boy.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

He impacts the game without scoring, though teams will obviously exploit his wonky jumper in the playoffs.

That's not even my biggest concern, though. His first true test is whether he can stay healthy. I have my doubts, but the Lakers did hire Judy Seto, and she does have a good track record. She's gotta innovate because these younger cats just cannot stay healthy. The new generation of kids are playing basketball/sports all year round and subsequently developing degenerative conditions at 16-17 years of age.

Basically, I think both BI and Ball are close to untouchable if they manage to stay healthy. That's a very big if.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

The board really needed another "Lonzo is great," "no he sucks," nuh uhn" thread after no one has seen him play in months.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
eFG% for OKC's big three KD and Russ at 22. Harden at 21

KD 50.9%
Russ 45.1%
Harden 51.8%

Our young core Ingram and Lonzo at 21... Kuzma at 23

Ingram 51.8%
Lonzo 48.8%
Kuzma 51.5%

But no... let's trade them all for AD who has won nothing plus Garland.

F*cking idiots if they do it.

Can you stop with this? Show the TS%.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

KD 50.9%
Russ 45.1%
Harden 51.8%

Ingram 51.8%
Lonzo 48.8%
Kuzma 51.5%

How about I stop using biased stats or comments that favor my argument when you do as well?
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

I just want lonzo to spend this entire off season strengthening his legs. He hasn't had an off season to do that due to injuries or coming in with a rookie body. He bulked his upper body and we saw how it improved his game, especially defensively being able to absorb contact. He just needs his legs to catch up.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

KD 50.9%
Russ 45.1%
Harden 51.8%

Ingram 51.8%
Lonzo 48.8%
Kuzma 51.5%

How about I stop using biased stats or comments that favor my argument when you do as well?

Lol? You are Mr. Bias. You're gonna sit here and cherry pick efg for an entire page because it makes Ingram look better. Check out the rest of the advanced stats for guys like KD and Harden at 21, then compare it to the likes of our guys.

KD was an allstar at 21 yrs old. Both of them kill our guys in nearly every advanced category at the same age.. including Kyrie and whoever else. You need to get off the efg thing. I know you love it because it makes Ingram look better but it isn't the tell tale thing that determines whether a guy will be great or not. There's a good chance none of our guys will be great players, just good starters for their entire career. I've seen great players IDK about you.

Imo with truly great players , everyone tends to agree upon their talent and ceiling. Guys like young Kobe, young KD, young Kyrie, young Steph ... Everyone knew these guys were going to be special from day one. There was no back and forth all day long disagreements with players like this. You can just tell from watching them.

If Ingram and Ball were so amazing then half of the league's fans you see on twitter, youtube, social media or meet in person, wouldn't be calling them trash.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

And no a lot of fans do not call Ingram and Ball trash just because they are Lakers. It's because one player can't hit the side of a barn from a couple feet away , and the other dribbles the ball for 20 seconds struggling to get past a defender to score.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

KD 50.9%
Russ 45.1%
Harden 51.8%

Ingram 51.8%
Lonzo 48.8%
Kuzma 51.5%

Lol? You are Mr. Bias. You're gonna sit here and cherry pick efg for an entire page because it makes Ingram look better. Check out the rest of the advanced stats for guys like KD and Harden at 21, then compare it to the likes of our guys.

KD was an allstar at 21 yrs old. Both of them kill our guys in nearly every advanced category at the same age.. including Kyrie and whoever else. You need to get off the efg thing. I know you love it because it makes Ingram look better but it isn't the tell tale thing that determines whether a guy will be great or not. There's a good chance none of our guys will be great players, just good starters for their entire career. I've seen great players IDK about you.

Imo with truly great players , everyone tends to agree upon their talent and ceiling. Guys like young Kobe, young KD, young Kyrie, young Steph ... Everyone knew these guys were going to be special from day one. There was no back and forth all day long disagreements with players like this. You can just tell from watching them.

If Ingram and Ball were so amazing then half of the league's fans you see on twitter, youtube, social media or meet in person, wouldn't be calling them trash.

Except it's amazing how you can get away with playing like trash in a small market when no one has any expectations for you.

Bottom line... they were inefficient and given time to grow into the efficient monsters that they became.

Honestly... if you stopped posting trash about Ingram... I'd post about him half as much.

I'm very worried about how he will play this year based on his injury.

However, his trend remains in line with Giannis. You can cherry pick your advanced stats all you want... but even if he becomes 90% of Giannis, he will be a very nice player.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
And no a lot of fans do not call Ingram and Ball trash just because they are Lakers. It's because one player can't hit the side of a barn from a couple feet away , and the other dribbles the ball for 20 seconds struggling to get past a defender to score.

And the guy who can't hit the side of a barn from a couple feet away had the same eFG as Kobe at the same age.

Complain about his FT shooting if you want to make that point.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

Doesn't matter. Anyone with eyes knows they were not even close in terms of talent at young age. Cmon now. This is Kobe and Lonzo Ball we're talking about.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Doesn't matter. Anyone with eyes knows they were not even close in terms of talent at young age. Cmon now. This is Kobe and Lonzo Ball we're talking about.

It's not claiming Lonzo is as good as Kobe.

It's pointing out that you don't know what will become of these players yet.

It's your stubborn assertion that they will never amount to much that I have an issue with.

How do you know? You don't.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

It's your stubborn assertion that they will never amount to much that I have an issue with.

Think we are stuck with Lonzo because of his injury history and terrible shooting. I am hoping he can stay healthy and is working on his god awful shooting form. I can imagine how good he can be if he can play more than 50 games this coming season.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I wish the league believed in our players as much as some of the homers here. Then we wouldn’t have to package 3 of them for someone like AD. If they were anything close to KD, Harden, etc. at their age, we would not be talking about trading them.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
I wish the league believed in our players as much as some of the homers here. Then we wouldn’t have to package 3 of them for someone like AD. If they were anything close to KD, Harden, etc. at their age, we would not be talking about trading them.

Ingram can't help it if he shoots better from the field than all but a few players at his age.

If he raises his FT% this discussion is over.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Think we are stuck with Lonzo because of his injury history and terrible shooting. I am hoping he can stay healthy and is working on his god awful shooting form. I can imagine how good he can be if he can play more than 50 games this coming season.

Thank goodness
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Thank goodness

"Oh no, not Lonzo. Stop. No."
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Sadly, I too am stuck.
Stuck with this terrible post seared into my corneas....my dendrites and Neurons have been calcified with this drivel and now when I'm randomly say, at the park playing frisbee, this terrible take pops into my mind.
I want the 15 seconds of my life back that I just wasted reading this.
On my deathbed, I will rue the day of these lost 15 seconds of life.
lakerlori
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject:

If he doesn't put in the work this summer on F/T, outside shooting, & strengthening legs, then I want him traded at the draft or before the trade deadline. If he doesn't put in the effort, then he's had enough chances!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Thank goodness

We need a couple more threads
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:

Thank goodness

The leash is extra long.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

I don’t want to trade any of the youngsters, unless the position player is significantly better. Ball just needs to shoot better, that’s all, he is very good in everything else and is an excellent compliment if we get another dominant scorer.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Btw, is that wizards rumor true?
If true, it would mean someone does want Zo?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
I don’t want to trade any of the youngsters, unless the position player is significantly better. Ball just needs to shoot better, that’s all, he is very good in everything else and is an excellent compliment if we get another dominant scorer.

AD >>>> Lonzo + BI over the next years
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: