VOLT VIDEO - On this day 17 years ago, Robert Horry killed the Queens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: He's HOF Worthy

33_Straight wrote:
A lot of people would argue that Horry doesn't deserve the HOF. Well that shot alone is a HOF shot, and the guy has 7 rings even if his number isn't HOF worthy, his body of work to win Championships tells a whole different story.

Big Shot Bob = Hall Of Fame period.

Is this Eric Pincus' burner account?

I kid. I kid.

The fact that people bring this up is enough praise for Horry. But no, he shouldn't be in the HOF. It sets a bad precedence and would be a slap to the face to superior players that aren't getting in.

Roleplayers have no place in the HOF.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: He's HOF Worthy

Batguano wrote:
33_Straight wrote:
A lot of people would argue that Horry doesn't deserve the HOF. Well that shot alone is a HOF shot, and the guy has 7 rings even if his number isn't HOF worthy, his body of work to win Championships tells a whole different story.

I kid. I kid.

The fact that people bring this up is enough praise for Horry. But no, he shouldn't be in the HOF. It sets a bad precedence and would be a slap to the face to superior players that aren't getting in.

i'm also in the camp that he deserves HOF. I don't think it sets a bad precedent. He has 3 different orgs with very important championships that clearly would not be possible without those shots of his. he saved the spurs a$$. he saved lakers. if someone else does that and all those rings let him in as well.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VOLT VIDEO - On this day 17 years ago, Robert Horry killed the Queens

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_fhwqXmUMk

Little warbled, but check this block by rookie Kobe. That little showboatin sht. Volt clip on that November 29th of 23 years ago.

Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: He's HOF Worthy

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Batguano wrote:
33_Straight wrote:

I kid. I kid.

i'm also in the camp that he deserves HOF. I don't think it sets a bad precedent. He has 3 different orgs with very important championships that clearly would not be possible without those shots of his. he saved the spurs a$$. he saved lakers. if someone else does that and all those rings let him in as well.

So by that logic Fisher and Kerr (just as a player, not counting his coaching career) also deserve to be in the HOF too, right?
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: He's HOF Worthy

Batguano wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Batguano wrote:
33_Straight wrote:

I kid. I kid.

So by that logic Fisher and Kerr (just as a player, not counting his coaching career) also deserve to be in the HOF too, right?

Fisher yes, Kerr no.
But again, both no ultimately in this conversation because of circumstances. THere is no equivalent to Horry in NBA history. Yes, fisher has clutch shots with championships relying on it, but he didn't go team to team dropping clutch ring shots. And also different because Horry wasn't really relied upon during the RS and games in general like fisher to deliver consistently. he's just this weird guy who just appears out of nowhere, makes championship saving shots, and that's like his specialty. nobody else like him. it's a special HOF award for him.

kerr hit some big shots, but again, not the same.

you can choose like just a handful of Horry shots and how each changed the nba landscape drastically. that's crazy for a supposed role player. the kings shot destroyed a franchise for like 2 decades counting now. the shot(s) vs the pistons are just insane, resurrected DUncan and the Spurs. of course, the forgotten shots with the ROckets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: