Jason Kidd Hiring=Greek Freak Plan
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Jason Kidd Hiring=Greek Freak Plan

"So inside of a 15- to 20-minute period after losing the game, he was made aware of an article that [Andrews] had written where basically she did her homework, spoke to a multitude of people and was thoroughly informed that, again, a lot of his, you know, decision-making as it pertains to his willingness to stay in Milwaukee are tied to reaching the NBA Finals. If Milwaukee's progress towards the Finals is impeded in any way, this season, next season, etc. at some point in time, he's going to want his way out. In a period of 20 minutes, in the immediate aftermath of suffering the most devastating loss of his professional career, he got wind of that story, and he was not happy about it."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838212-report-giannis-wasnt-happy-about-malika-andrews-rumor-before-walking-out

Last edited by Hero Ball on Mon May 27, 2019 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Greak= a freak that is green aka the Hulk.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

If this is true, I like how the Lakers are thinking a few steps ahead.

If Giannis were to really come here in 2021, he'd turn only 27 that season, meaning that we could have him playing at a high level for several years.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

If Giannis were to really come here in 2021, he'd turn only 27 that season, meaning that we could have him playing at a high level for several years.

I'd rather hire coaches who develop our young talent instead of hoping for an outside chance that a guy who's two years away from free agency might like one of our assistants. Seriously.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Jason Kidd Hiring=Greek Freak Plan

Hero Ball wrote:
"So inside of a 15- to 20-minute period after losing the game, he was made aware of an article that [Andrews] had written where basically she did her homework, spoke to a multitude of people and was thoroughly informed that, again, a lot of his, you know, decision-making as it pertains to his willingness to stay in Milwaukee are tied to reaching the NBA Finals. If Milwaukee's progress towards the Finals is impeded in any way, this season, next season, etc. at some point in time, he's going to want his way out. In a period of 20 minutes, in the immediate aftermath of suffering the most devastating loss of his professional career, he got wind of that story, and he was not happy about it."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838212-report-giannis-wasnt-happy-about-malika-andrews-rumor-before-walking-out

More fake news
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

He just needs to make the finals next year and he can be a Buck for life
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

You’re either selling a contending team or hope. By keeping a max slot available, the Lakers have been selling hope, but more importantly have kept their team payroll near the bottom of the league (they didn’t even spend the full room exception last year). If they don’t land a star this summer, there will be reasoning to leave space for Davis. If they don’t land Davis, Giannis is the next great hope. It’s a tired strategy that works every 25 years.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

I think that Jeanie is actually delusional enough to believe the Kidd hire will convince Giannis to come here.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
I think that Jeanie is actually delusional enough to believe the Kidd hire will convince Giannis to come here.

If there's someone who Giannis can use for a narrative to sign with the Lakers, it's Kidd.

2019-2020 LBJ and Max FA

2021-Giannis end of contract, LBJ Opts out

2021-2022 Giannis signs Max with us, LBJ signs on a discounted contract.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have done a brilliant job with their long-term planning to sign future free agents.

It started with Yao Ming and has continued almost every year since.

I'm sure Anthony Davis is next, right before Giannis.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I'd rather hire coaches who develop our young talent instead of hoping for an outside chance that a guy who's two years away from free agency might like one of our assistants. Seriously.

Agreed. But making a move in the name of a vague future with zero regard for present consequences is the most Lakersy move.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:

Well she does think she has Kawhi in the bag when everyone else is saying not likely.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
The Lakers have done a brilliant job with their long-term planning to sign future free agents.

RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

My feelings as well
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

The only thing I want from Vogel and Kidd is a foundation. We kind of hit the reset button after 2017...
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

Yao Ming is still available.

We might have a shot at AD 15 years from now.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Jason Kidd should be fired immediately. No place for domestic abusers in the Lakers Org http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/19596/history-of-jason-kidds-past-incidents
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
Jason Kidd should be fired immediately. No place for domestic abusers in the Lakers Org http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/19596/history-of-jason-kidds-past-incidents

This is way more nuanced than the media is making it out to be. If you go through the court documents, his wife turned out to be an abuser as well: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/jason-kidd-wife-abused-me?page=1

Either way, I believe in forgiveness. He took anger management classes. I assume his wife also took part in some kind of therapy. Both parties have since moved on. Why can't we do the same?
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

This is way more nuanced than the media is making it out to be. If you go through the court documents, his wife turned out to be an abuser as well: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/jason-kidd-wife-abused-me?page=1

Either way, I believe in forgiveness. He took anger management classes. I assume his wife also took part in some kind of therapy. Both parties have since moved on. Why can't we do the same?

Because he got a DUI too. He is not someone I want in a decision making position because he clearly does not make good ones.
GreekTrojan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Even ignoring his past digressions, my biggest issue is that he was a terrible coach and the team got remarkably better when a good coach replaced him. There is no objective reason to insist that Jason Kidd should be on the staff outside of him being friends with LeBron, but inline with this topic, Jeanie's modus operandi seems to be basing all decisions on if you are friends or not.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:
Even ignoring his past digressions, my biggest issue is that he was a terrible coach and the team got remarkably better when a good coach replaced him. There is no objective reason to insist that Jason Kidd should be on the staff outside of him being friends with LeBron, but inline with this topic, Jeanie's modus operandi seems to be basing all decisions on if you are friends or not.

A head coach and an assistant coach are two different things.

For all we know, Kidd could have found his calling as an assistant coach focussing on the development of young players. Only time will tell.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

DD20045 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
DD20045 wrote:

Because he got a DUI too. He is not someone I want in a decision making position because he clearly does not make good ones.

Well, you're in luck, because he won't be undermining Frank Vogel, for at least 3 seasons. It will be interesting to see how young dudes respond to him.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:

It's only crazy until you do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: