Jason Kidd Hiring=Greek Freak Plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
deal wrote:
Conspiracy Theory number 9,964 ? Some folk really like to set themselves up for disillusion.

Lets play the season do as good or great a job as can be, let
the FO do their gig and the chips fall where they may.

that is the gig right there and now with the Kostas acquisition it's pretty evident who we are after in 2021.

Using that logic Dallas was going to go for Freak in 2021 but for some reason changed their mind?
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
deal wrote:
Conspiracy Theory number 9,964 ? Some folk really like to set themselves up for disillusion.

that is the gig right there and now with the Kostas acquisition it's pretty evident who we are after in 2021.

Using that logic Dallas was going to go for Freak in 2021 but for some reason changed their mind?

I don't try to pretend that I know what the Dallas Mavericks had planned but they did recently successfully trade for Kristaps Porzingis.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
deal wrote:

You have taken it out of context... I said JKidd hiring.

We have JKidd and Kostas now and yes we want the Freak.

All I'm saying.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

And why the hell are we debating this?

FO already revealed they want to be players in the 2021 free agency market and have cap space allocated.

It's stupid not to connect the dots.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

If can't get Giannis (which is very slim chance at most), then move on. Don't renew Kidd, waive Gainnis little bro.

Right now Kidd and Giannis's bro is low risk move. Only hope Bucks get embarrassed, and his agent, people around him convince him Bucks is not the whole world.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
They can then go over the cap space to sign Lebron up to his MAX salary because by then (3 years) the Lakers would have his Bird rights.

Do you like it now?

Lebron would have a $60 mil cap hold

Quote:

What is a cap hold?

A cap hold is the amount of space a free agent counts towards a team’s cap. These “cap holds” factor in when a team signs free agents. If they didn’t exist, a team could use their cap space to sign other free agents until the space was gone, and then re-sign their own free agents using the Bird exception. A cap hold cannot exceed the maximum contract offer that player can receive on the open market (as defined by years of experience – indicated in the table above by MAX followed by the years of experience). The cap hold disappears if the team renounces their own free agent, that free agent signs with a new team, or re-signs with the same team.

If it's a big deal, Lebron can opt out of his contract in 2021. Lakers could then renounce him and resign him to an optimal 1 year contract out of cap space (even down to a minimum contract) that would allow a max free agent slot. Then use the max slot to sign a free agent like Giannis.

Even though the Lakers renounced Lebron in this scenario, since he maintained continuous contracts for 3 years+, Lakers would maintain his bird rights and could then be able to exceed the cap the following year to re-up to a full max.

In your scenario, they don't even need to renounce him. All that need to happen is the Lakers agree to a deal with Giannis, figure out how much cap space is left, sign Lebron for that amount and then sign Giannis. It's all pretty easy if Giannis and Lebron are working together on this, which they would pretty much have to.

Anyone's guess if Lebron would actually do that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
And why the hell are we debating this?

FO already revealed they want to be players in the 2021 free agency market and have cap space allocated.

It's stupid not to connect the dots.

Yeah. Who knows what will happen?

The Lakers might decide to trade some of the current guys and give up the 2021 cap space.

Giannis might not be interested.

Lebron might not play ball.

No need to even think about this for the next two years.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
I think that Jeanie is actually delusional enough to believe the Kidd hire will convince Giannis to come here.

Some things seem delusional yet they become reality. I never thought LeBron would come because we gave KCP a couple of good contracts, and guess what?
I'm convinced that unless you're involved in NBA circles you have no idea of what the future holds.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I think that Jeanie is actually delusional enough to believe the Kidd hire will convince Giannis to come here.

Some things seem delusional yet they become reality. I never thought LeBron would come because we gave KCP a couple of good contracts, and guess what?
I'm convinced that unless you're involved in NBA circles you have no idea of what the future holds.

Yeah, that's such a monumental x factor these days especially where players are talking and figuring deals out almost as much as the gms are sometimes. On top of that you can't believe 80% of what you hear in reports since so much stuff is made up.

As much as I have disliked many things Jeanie has done, there is no question she has made an obvious attempt to correct them and is clearly trying to make improvements. Still plenty left to fix but at least we are seeing progress.. This team has done a complete 180 from even just 6-8 months ago.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I love the Freak, but honestly I hope he is a Buck for life.

He is their guy, Milwaukee deserves a shot.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I love the Freak, but honestly I hope he is a Buck for life.

He is their guy, Milwaukee deserves a shot.

Agreed. And it would be lame if every single star bolted for one of a handful of teams.

Here's a wild idea: The Lakers cultivate their own star.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. And Kawhi didnt want to announce his decision to come here because of Canada Day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: