Magic Johnson to speak on ESPN's NBA Finals Special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Don't worry. Magic will be on the championship parade float when we get KL and win the championship next year.

If he had the inside track on Kawhi, no way would he have quit.

Maybe. Or maybe when Jeanie/Rob/FO put Magic to the fire for collecting $10m/year and doing little work, the jig was up and it wasn't fun for him anymore.

The attention whore who's going to end up making a threepeat appearance on ESPN this summer?

No way does he pass up that win even if wild animals were gnawing at his balls. He quit because he didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

If by some miracle Rob/LBJ pull a big FA out of their asses... I will be sick if Magic tries to take credit for it.

He quit when the going got tough.

Dude, we score that big FA, Magic can claim anything... we all be celebrating
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Don't worry. Magic will be on the championship parade float when we get KL and win the championship next year.

If he had the inside track on Kawhi, no way would he have quit.

Maybe. Or maybe when Jeanie/Rob/FO put Magic to the fire for collecting $10m/year and doing little work, the jig was up and it wasn't fun for him anymore.

The attention whore who's going to end up making a threepeat appearance on ESPN this summer?

No way does he pass up that win even if wild animals were gnawing at his balls. He quit because he didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel.

If by some miracle Rob/LBJ pull a big FA out of their asses... I will be sick if Magic tries to take credit for it.

He quit when the going got tough.

Magic admittedly lives for FA. So him bowing out right before it may be that he doesn't see a top FA coming.

Or he just grew tired of the "um, Magic are you going to do any work for your 10m?" crowd and just quit.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Shouldn't have joined considering he knew the terms of agreement, and/or should have privately resolevd the matter if it was that bothersome. Doing so publicly, and then complaining about being in the news, is his own doing and something for which he is completely responsible. I have zero interest in him trying to be a victim in all of this, though I'm not sure what his real end game is at this point.

To create as much turmoil and upheaval and angle his way into part ownership of the Lakers after the board "forces" a sale because of all this turmoil.

He said so himself...

You really believe this??

You guys really go overboard in here at times..

You don't for a second believe that if the Lakers trust decided to "force" a sale of the Lakers, that Magic Johnson and "associates" wouldn't be the first in line?

Have you not heard the words that have come out of Magic's mouth? Have you also not heard what Magics mouth piece (Preaching A Smith) has been saying for the last week?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

After all of this bullsh*t if Magic bought the Lakers, I'd root for the Clippers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
Shouldn't have joined considering he knew the terms of agreement, and/or should have privately resolevd the matter if it was that bothersome. Doing so publicly, and then complaining about being in the news, is his own doing and something for which he is completely responsible. I have zero interest in him trying to be a victim in all of this, though I'm not sure what his real end game is at this point.

To create as much turmoil and upheaval and angle his way into part ownership of the Lakers after the board "forces" a sale because of all this turmoil.

He said so himself...

You don't for a second believe that if the Lakers trust decided to "force" a sale of the Lakers, that Magic Johnson and "associates" wouldn't be the first in line?

Have you not heard the words that have come out of Magic's mouth? Have you also not heard what Magics mouth piece (Preaching A Smith) has been saying for the last week?

I really believe Magic’s plan was to purchase the Lakers with Klutch. I’m sure he sold Rich Paul and Lebron on this.

The parties are just waiting for Jeanie to crack. AEG, Klutch, etc.

Magic will be in on this. It’s something he definitely has his eyes on...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

He said so himself...

I really believe Magic’s plan was to purchase the Lakers with Klutch. I’m sure he sold Rich Paul and Lebron on this.

Magic vs Kobe vs Klutch, they all got enough money and friends with money
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

For better or for worse, Jeanie isn't selling the Lakers in the next 10 lifetimes. Besides, what is Magic supposed to do about AEG's right to first refusal?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
After all of this bullsh*t if Magic bought the Lakers, I'd root for the Clippers.

I don't think I could do that. For me, it's all about the team and there's only two teams I root for, Real Madrid and the Lakers. I'll probably take to watching the NBA as a general fan and rooting for whoever is the underdog in each playoff series. And I'll stick to supporting Real Madrid because that is a team which can never be owned by anyone but its fans/members. They have the best ownership model in the world IMO... as a member-owned, non-profit sports association... along with Barca, Bilbao and Osasuna. I think the other clubs in La Liga had to give up the "socio" model because of government regulations in the 90s, not sure of the details... but these clubs were given exemptions because of how successfully they did it.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I don't think I could do that. For me, it's all about the team and there's only two teams I root for, Real Madrid and the Lakers. I'll probably take to watching the NBA as a general fan and rooting for whoever is the underdog in each playoff series. And I'll stick to supporting Real Madrid because that is a team which can never be owned by anyone but its fans/members. They have the best ownership model in the world IMO... as a member-owned, non-profit sports association... along with Barca, Bilbao and Osasuna. I think the other clubs in La Liga had to give up the "socio" model because of government regulations in the 90s, not sure of the details... but these clubs were given exemptions because of how successfully they did it.

I couldn't root for Sterling... but I could root for this version.

Imagine if Neymar bought Real Madrid.

That might make you change your tune.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
For better or for worse, Jeanie isn't selling the Lakers in the next 10 lifetimes. Besides, what is Magic supposed to do about AEG's right to first refusal?

Well, does AEG want the responsibility of managing a basketball team? Not sure if they do. I'm thinking they probably wouldn't care if the Buss family was replaced by a consortium of buyers... as long as they could stick to their current percentage of ownership and not take on additional responsibility of management.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

It sure would and that would be a nightmare AFAIC... but it's never going to happen, hehe.

Madrid will be owned by its fans long after we are gone and after the next generations are gone too.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed May 29, 2019 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

Buss isn't selling the Lakers and we'll be fine, Magic stepped off the ledge, but at the end of the day for this generation of players a tandem of Kobe and Bron are very powerful voices for talking to players about joining up....I'm not worried about in fact I'd rather Bron be the one closing the deal so to speak....I wouldn't want that in all player additions, but for that 2nd all star? Of course.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

Man, Lakers, Siempre
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

One thing Magic has to realize is that is is not doing the Lakers any good by talking right now. He has to shut up about the Lakers.
And talk Dodgers or anything else.

Magic has to shut up.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

It sure would and that would be a nightmare AFAIC... but it's never going to happen, hehe.

Madrid will be owned by its fans long after we are gone and after the next generations are gone too.

I heard that clown is asking for 1.2 million wages a week.

You never know... lol
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, Lakers, Siempre

I haven't felt great about rooting for the Lakers since Colorado.

But I've stuck by them because they are my team since childhood.

I've stuck by them through six losing seasons, watching every game.

But the Godfather offer... or Magic buying the team after contributing to their ruin?

I think those will be the last straws until Klutch and Magic are gone from the team.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
One thing Magic has to realize is that is is not doing the Lakers any good by talking right now. He has to shut up about the Lakers.
And talk Dodgers or anything else.

Magic has to shut up.

Magic is upset because everything he has said has basically backfired. His ego has been hurt and others are actually seeing what kind of individual he is. This was a bad move on his part just like when he cost the Lakers all that money for tampering and not keeping his mouth shut.
The Lakers are doing the right thing by saying absolutely nothing. Let this play out and work under to try and build a championship contender.
Media is constantly looking for guys who will speak something negative against the team, and yes those guys could be people who were fired.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

But the Godfather offer... or Magic buying the team after contributing to their ruin?

I think those will be the last straws until Klutch and Magic are gone from the team.

Yessss finally

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Wed May 29, 2019 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Love when people is positions of enormous power pull the "I've never been called by HR" argument as their defense.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

You never know... lol

Really? Yikes... hope Don Florentino doesn't agree to pay him that... he does like his superstars though. I think Neymar should stay at PSG and continue taking their Sheikh owners to the cleaners while other clubs dump them out of the CL every year. The two biggest evils in football at the moment IMO are state/oligarch sponsored clubs (like PSG, Man City, Chelsea) and the disproportionate EPL TV Revenue (which has lead to a horrible vicious cycle that enables EPL clubs to take the best talent from other leagues and has lead to the death of the Italian, Dutch, French, Portuguese leagues). City benefits from both, so I dislike them the most today. PSG/Chelsea a close 2nd.

Lol, stop trying to put doubts in my head. Just won't happen.. and it'd be a true sporting tragedy if it did.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed May 29, 2019 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

He said so himself...

Don’t forget Kobe
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

You never know... lol

Really? Yikes... hope Don Florentino doesn't agree to pay him that... he does like his superstars though. I think Neymar should stay at PSG and continue taking their Sheikh owners to the cleaners while other clubs dump them out of the CL every year.

Lol, stop trying to put doubts in my head. Just won't happen.. and it'd be a true sporting tragedy if it did.

lol... yeah it's never going to happen. (Neymar owner, player... maybe)

But just trying to get you to grasp the pain that would drive me to take a break from my Lakers.

I loved Magic as a player... but he's killing me with his moves as an executive and post executive.

The idea of these selfish players owning the team would make me take a hiatus.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

lol... yeah it's never going to happen.

But just trying to get you to grasp the pain that would drive me to take a break from my Lakers.

I loved Magic as a player... but he's killing me with his moves as an executive and post executive.

Fair enough. I didn't get that at first, my bad, but I understand now. I'd probably feel the same if it were Madrid and Di Stefano/Redondo/Zizou pulling "a Magic".

:pat pat:
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Don’t forget Kobe

Yeah I forgot to include him, but he will be in on it imo.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

lol... yeah it's never going to happen.

Fair enough. I didn't get that at first, my bad, but I understand now. I'd probably feel the same if it were Madrid and Di Stefano/Redondo/Zizou pulling "a Magic".

:pat pat:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: