Lakers Could Land CP3, Anthony Davis This Offseason...but at What Cost?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Pretty much click bait. The silly season has just begun.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Pretty much click bait. The silly season has just begun.
LA3Pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Ok this may get me banned after 17 years of non controversial posting, but I really don’t understand the prominence and higher-than-the-average-poster-esteem this forum gives this “jornalist”. I think he is well meaning, writes well, and loves the Lakers, but his consistent history for more than a decade is just regurgitating takes and hypotheses from others. This article is the quintessential example of this. Zero real inside information and all secondarily sourced. I appreciate the apparently moderately successful attempt to make a online career out of this approach, but my view (potentially wrongheaded) is this is nothing more or insightful than can be delivered by any of us who frequent the Lakers’ various news sites and have enough writing skills to summarize.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject:

are we really discussing CP3??? his contract makes him a HUGE NEGATIVE asset.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
are we really discussing CP3??? his contract makes him a HUGE NEGATIVE asset.

Honestly, I am absolutely amazed anyone is even remotely entertaining the idea.. It's just such an overwhelmingly awful idea when you look at his age, body completely breaking down and worst of all that contract which could very well be the worst in the entire nba in his current heavily declining state. Let him continue trying to out flop Harden and rot in Houston.

lets add that to lebron who is coming off his first even moderately injured season who is also in his mid 30's. I see no positives whatsoever

If it was a Gary Payton type of thing for dirt cheap, I could put my strong dislike for him to the side and hope for the best but with that contract it's nothing but laughable which I hope and am sure even our front office did after witnessing that idea.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject:

I skimmed through it so I apologize if it was talked about but I missed it. But anything about CP3 that doesn't involve the Rockets helping us land Davis makes no sense. The idea is that the Rockets should be PAYING US to take that contract. We shouldn't be talking about what pieces Morey would want for CP3 as if the Lakers would be dumb enough to want CP3 to the point of compensating the Rockets to take on his remaining 3 yrs. Then again, we've been proven to be pretty stupid.

In any CP3 discussions, it should not be what Morey wants, but what he can give to the Pelicans that will help us land Davis. And that is all. He gets nothing from us. We're just taking CP3's toxic contract. Maybe we'll give them something if they can really help us land Davis. Other than that, any discussions about a CP3 trade that is independent of a separate Davis trade makes ZERO sense. Unless, the one on one deal with the Rockets strictly involves them GIVING US assets to take on CP3. This talk about BI, Kuzma or the 4th pick for CP3 is ludicrous.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

Get out of here with this CP3 nonsense. Never happen thank God!
gaogi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
cathy78 wrote:
Leonard and Durant are the only two players in the league to go all out for. Davis and Irving are not bad players. But there will to win is just as weak as LeBrons. Having two of those players only works with luck involved.

AD has not shown that he can carry a team to the playoffs let alone win it.
Has he even been in the playoffs?
So happy Magic is not making his emotional decisions anymore.
Irving can be gotten without loss of assets. So would offer him max.
Would offer Butler max also.
Would seriously consider Kemba and Nikola.
Even consider DLO and Lopez back.
And Randle.
The Lakers are in a great position, but just don't give up valuable assets for pipe dreams.

AD has been to the playoffs a couple of times. His situation is similar to Pau Gasol pre-Lakers, where he couldn't get his team deep in the playoffs on his own, but with Kobe, we got to the finals in his first year here.

Agree on not giving up valuable assets. Pelinka needs to pull off a heist like what Mitch did to get Gasol, and hopefully, we get the same results with LeBron+Davis in the first year.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LA3Pete wrote:
Ok this may get me banned after 17 years of non controversial posting, but I really don’t understand the prominence and higher-than-the-average-poster-esteem this forum gives this “jornalist”. I think he is well meaning, writes well, and loves the Lakers, but his consistent history for more than a decade is just regurgitating takes and hypotheses from others. This article is the quintessential example of this. Zero real inside information and all secondarily sourced. I appreciate the apparently moderately successful attempt to make a online career out of this approach, but my view (potentially wrongheaded) is this is nothing more or insightful than can be delivered by any of us who frequent the Lakers’ various news sites and have enough writing skills to summarize.

That seems like what NBA reporting is these days.

Woj breaks some tidbit, or Stephen Smith says something stupid.

Then all the other reporters write about it.

Rinse, repeat.

It's all about feeding the Internet beast as quickly and cheaply as possible.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

we could catch cp3 but w couldn't reel him in with that bloated contract....thank god where do these stories come from?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: