Who would you pick at No. 4 (assuming Zion, Ja and RJ are taken) ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you pick at No 4 assuming Zion, Ja and RJ are gone?
Jarrett Culver
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Darius Garland
43%
 43%  [ 49 ]
Deandre Hunter
16%
 16%  [ 18 ]
Brandon Clarke
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Cam Reddish
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
Goga Bitadze
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Jaxson Hayes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Coby White
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Trade Down/Others
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 112

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
trade down and still draft Hunter

The Atlanta trade is where I'm at, and Hunter could still be there at 8. Even if you call it a risk I'll take BPA at 8 since prospects 4 thru 8 are ranked so close anyway...plus you get the 10 pick.

You Garland by a landslide guys have to sell me on him to turn down that deal. I want to believe he has the goods to be the a great threat at PG, and I may take him if there is no trade down, but sell me.

I trust LA's scouting to do well with 10. Rui has the best goods, Hayes would be a solid tandem 5 with Javale and Wagner...and I have a bias for Clarke as a really productive defender. If the staff sees one of the scratch offs like Bol or Sekou as a better pick so be it.

Scouting has been good, using those results have been a failure.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

The Atlanta trade is where I'm at, and Hunter could still be there at 8. Even if you call it a risk I'll take BPA at 8 since prospects 4 thru 8 are ranked so close anyway...plus you get the 10 pick.

You Garland by a landslide guys have to sell me on him to turn down that deal. I want to believe he has the goods to be the a great threat at PG, and I may take him if there is no trade down, but sell me.
Oo
I trust LA's scouting to do well with 10. Rui has the best goods, Hayes would be a solid tandem 5 with Javale and Wagner...and I have a bias for Clarke as a really productive defender. If the staff sees one of the scratch offs like Bol or Sekou as a better pick so be it.

I would love the trade down. I think it should be there for us. It really depends on how much the Knicks value Barrett. But if it plays out, fill in the blanks for us.

Zion - Pels
Ja - Grizz
RJ - Knicks
DG - Hawks
? - Cleveland
? - Suns
? - Bulls
? - Lakers
? - Wiz
? - Lakers

Culver-Cavs
Reddish-Suns
White-Bulls
Hunter-Lakers
Bol-Wizards
Hayes-Lakers

I think everybody who wants to trade down is missing one really big issue. CAP SPACE.
If we want to offer the 32.7 max we cannot trade down as it would take too much space up and we could no longer offer anybody the max. I think that's a no trade possibility unfortunately as 2 picks would have been nice.

Is Pelinka anchored to Magic’s two max plan? I mean that is the goal, but say KD, Klay, and Kawhi are all off the table. Do you max Kyrie? Do you get in a bidding war with the Sixers over Butler to satisfy fans who were weened on the two max plan.

This is the power of the GM; to deem who is worth offering a max contract. Moreover, imagine trading down for 8 and 10, utilizing the 8 for a pick for your team and trading the 10 for future picks.

This is the kind of foresight we need our GM to have. To play 3D chess and to maximize the value of a lucky draw like a 4th over all. To know the intentions of the max pool prior to the draft, so he knows what money to take into account going into the draft. Its about collaborating with your scouts on draft strategy, then formulating a layered plan leading up to draft night.

It’s why I’m hoping all these topics of the draft on LG are being ignored by Pelinka. I know Jerry West doesn’t read this crap. He’s too busy formulating what he thinks is right. And that’s all you can ask of your GM. If Pelinka is on these boards at this time (28 days before the draft), he needs to focus on his plan. None of these LG posters should be more knowledgeable than the GM; although we all like to think we are.

All valid points when discussing the ability or option to trade down. But by doing so, the 2 max plan goes bye bye. May be a better strategy long term but Bron probably wont be thrilled as most of the non educated Laker fans out there who have been brainwashed by the 2 max plan for the past 2 years. But it would be nice to pick up Goga at 10 and maybe Hunter at 8?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

Trading back to select Hart and Bryant was a pretty saavy move. It will all depend on how likely we feel the Pels are to deal with us. I'm not sure how much value there is to be had trading the pick rather than just selecting the BPA if we're keeping the pick...
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Oo

I would love the trade down. I think it should be there for us. It really depends on how much the Knicks value Barrett. But if it plays out, fill in the blanks for us.

Zion - Pels
Ja - Grizz
RJ - Knicks
DG - Hawks
? - Cleveland
? - Suns
? - Bulls
? - Lakers
? - Wiz
? - Lakers

Culver-Cavs
Reddish-Suns
White-Bulls
Hunter-Lakers
Bol-Wizards
Hayes-Lakers

I think everybody who wants to trade down is missing one really big issue. CAP SPACE.
If we want to offer the 32.7 max we cannot trade down as it would take too much space up and we could no longer offer anybody the max. I think that's a no trade possibility unfortunately as 2 picks would have been nice.

Is Pelinka anchored to Magic’s two max plan? I mean that is the goal, but say KD, Klay, and Kawhi are all off the table. Do you max Kyrie? Do you get in a bidding war with the Sixers over Butler to satisfy fans who were weened on the two max plan.

This is the power of the GM; to deem who is worth offering a max contract. Moreover, imagine trading down for 8 and 10, utilizing the 8 for a pick for your team and trading the 10 for future picks.

This is the kind of foresight we need our GM to have. To play 3D chess and to maximize the value of a lucky draw like a 4th over all. To know the intentions of the max pool prior to the draft, so he knows what money to take into account going into the draft. Its about collaborating with your scouts on draft strategy, then formulating a layered plan leading up to draft night.

It’s why I’m hoping all these topics of the draft on LG are being ignored by Pelinka. I know Jerry West doesn’t read this crap. He’s too busy formulating what he thinks is right. And that’s all you can ask of your GM. If Pelinka is on these boards at this time (28 days before the draft), he needs to focus on his plan. None of these LG posters should be more knowledgeable than the GM; although we all like to think we are.

All valid points when discussing the ability or option to trade down. But by doing so, the 2 max plan goes bye bye. May be a better strategy long term but Bron probably wont be thrilled as most of the non educated Laker fans out there who have been brainwashed by the 2 max plan for the past 2 years. But it would be nice to pick up Goga at 10 and maybe Hunter at 8?

I can be on board with that, but you would need to cut corners with the back up center. Can’t pay Vuc or McGee money... enter Anthony Bennett.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

[quote="€H£M£$TR¥"I would love the trade down. I think it should be there for us. It really depends on how much the Knicks value Barrett. But if it plays out, fill in the blanks for us.

Zion - Pels
Ja - Grizz
RJ - Knicks
DG - Hawks
? - Cleveland
? - Suns
? - Bulls
? - Lakers
? - Wiz
? - Lakers[/quote]

Hasn't it been rumored that the Hawks are enamored with Culver?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: