I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

The roster is what it is currently. I didn’t create it and I do happen to think it needs some adjustment - swapping BI (a likely cap casualty) for a 3 and D guy would help for example on a LBJ centric team.

A team game is predicated on continuity which is why I think gutting for superstars is a less desirable roster management philosophy. Not my point at all about the roster construction as helpful for LBJ to win a championship right now. Really just need for 2019-20 to maintain a competitive roster that can stay healthy and together to get into the damn playoffs....

The question of non LBJ complementary players I guess depend on what you think of Butler, BI, Lonzo and McGee - I happen to think Butler would work well with LBJ, that BI will likely be changed out anyway, Lonzo will improve 3 point shooting and that McGee could either be retained in a more rotational role like he did with the Warriors or as I suggest possibly bring back a Lopez-type big instead - both scenarios would help with a LBJ roster and likely also with team wins.

In whatever event, my comment was sort of anti “gut” and pro “smaller moves” because that philosophy is more like to get (and keep) the Lakers competitive.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI. (Updated pg 10: The trade appears to have been bungled badly)

Reports:
Davis wasn't asked to waive his trade kicker.
The date to finalize the trade wasn't discussed or negotiated in advance.
Factors that could maximize financial flexibility are only now being discussed, and as a result, apparently will require additional compensation.

Trading nearly all we had wasn't a skillful display of ingenuity. What we're hearing about sounds like complete mgmt ineptitude. With somewhere between 9-12 roster spots to fill, the front office hasn't inspired confidence that they should be expectted to accumulate a quality squad, the rest of whom have an avg salary of 2- 2.5 mil.

If Lebron or AD go down, they're in serious trouble.

With all that being said, I don't see a squad of mostly G leaguers, beggars, and old guys winning a ring just because they play with 2 big names. 3 guys are favorites to win the title but it doesn't seem like reality at this point anymore than it was for Dwight and Nash.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

On 7/14/2019, Mege wrote:
Based on KD and Klay going down, I'm predicting an All-Star bid for BI next year.

BI did it!
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

That is great for him. He just wouldn't of reached that point playing with Lebron. This is in no way a knock on BI or Lebron for that matter, just stating that they play similar styles. Even if he significantly improved his three point shooting while with us (which i don't think he would of done), he would still basically be relegated to playing off the ball as a spot up shooter, which is an area that I don't believe he excels at. This would also be under utilizing his greatest qualities as a player. He still strikes me as more of a ball dominant player.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: I'm looking for anyone who doesn't want to trade Zo, Hart, Kuz, and BI. (Updated pg 10: The trade appears to have been bungled badly)

lakersboy wrote:
Reports:
Davis wasn't asked to waive his trade kicker.
The date to finalize the trade wasn't discussed or negotiated in advance.
Factors that could maximize financial flexibility are only now being discussed, and as a result, apparently will require additional compensation.

Trading nearly all we had wasn't a skillful display of ingenuity. What we're hearing about sounds like complete mgmt ineptitude. With somewhere between 9-12 roster spots to fill, the front office hasn't inspired confidence that they should be expectted to accumulate a quality squad, the rest of whom have an avg salary of 2- 2.5 mil.

If Lebron or AD go down, they're in serious trouble.

With all that being said, I don't see a squad of mostly G leaguers, beggars, and old guys winning a ring just because they play with 2 big names. 3 guys are favorites to win the title but it doesn't seem like reality at this point anymore than it was for Dwight and Nash.

They did put together a pretty solid squad though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: