Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 649, 650, 651 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
The Gasol trade considered to be a low ball offer actually came close to be a fair trade

It was a bad trade by Memphis. If they looked around more they could have done better. But they got lucky and Marc Gasol panned out. In the end, it was a fair trade.

No, they couldn’t have, Kwame was the biggest ending contract in the league at that time.

LOL... ah yes the patented Ventura "I am on a fly on the wall in every NBA office and even league officials and GMs don't know as much as my wondrous self!"

Anyway Memphis has acknowledged they didn't look around much and they think they could have made a better trade if they did.

I know the hubris that the people who actually made the trade think they know more than the all-knowing Ventura. You are our Oz
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Which AD Trade Would You Prefer?

cital wrote:
These trades all work AFTER signing a max free agent and the 4th pick... Which would you prefer? The Ingram/Kuzma trade with Bonga might not be possible if we have to dump Bonga to create max cap space, but that has yet to be determined... If the cap comes in at exactly 109 million we would be about 60k short of being able to max out a free agent with Bonga.

Number 3 makes the most sense for us.

Keep Lonzo. If you add anyone in the K-List (KD/Kawhi/Kyrie/Klay) other than Kyrie and you keep Ingram, you are stuck starting 3 SG/SFs without a PG.

If you keep Lonzo, he's good to play next to LeBron AND Lonzo will make AD MUCH better than Ingram could...see McGee having Career Highs this year.

People keep forgetting - the reason we need to land a max player is to BE THE PLAYER SOME HOPE INGRAM WILL BECOME!

Ingram, sharing the same scoring role with LeBron, AD and Kyrie or Kawhi? That doesn't make sense.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject: Lonzo would make AD the best possible version of himself...

It's that simple. See McGee this past year with career highs.

Watch this and imagine AD catching these passes instead of Kuzma, Ingram or McGee.

When you. have elite scorers, you don't need more scorers. You need guys who can help those guys get open and find them before they even get open. That's Lonzo.

If you can land Kyrie and AD, you don't need Ingram or Kuzma. You need Lonzo, a player who will do the dirty work and fill all of the gaps while making LeBron/Kyrie/AD better.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

If he’s healthy I absolutely love that pairing. I wouldn’t let Lonzo go like how Wade wasn’t for Shaq. Wade is way better but I feel AD can be had without giving Lonzo up.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

AD played the best I saw him play next to Rondo in 2017-2018.

I think Lonzo can replicate that if not be better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Good thread GC.

Unfortunately we have no idea rather the Pelicans would be content getting a package built around BI/4 while we keep Lonzo.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Just look at Ike Anigbogu
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Good thread GC.

Unfortunately we have no idea rather the Pelicans would be content getting a package built around BI/4 while we keep Lonzo.

No doubt Lonzo is who they want for the SAME REASON. Lonzo and Zion? That's box office GOLD. If we could get AD without giving up Lonzo, that would be the best possible scenario, IMHO. Not likely though.

Last edited by GameCock-MD on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

There's no feasible way to trade for AD after signing a 30% max FA without sending out Lonzo. So is retaining Lonzo worth sacrificing other young talent and max cap space for?

Of course, if the Lakers strike out on their top targets then retaining Zo in an AD trade would be better than the alternative.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo would make AD the best possible version of himself...

GameCock-MD wrote:

Watch this and imagine AD catching these passes instead of Kuzma, Ingram or McGee.

When you. have elite scorers, you don't need more scorers. You need guys who can help those guys get open and find them before they even get open. That's Lonzo.

If you can land Kyrie and AD, you don't need Ingram or Kuzma. You need Lonzo, a player who will do the dirty work and fill all of the gaps while making LeBron/Kyrie/AD better.
on transition yes, on a half court he would hurt AD. The lack of shooting and inability to play half court bball.

AD will get tired of people going under the screen.

Sometimes I wonder if everyone who wants Lonzo became a fan of his during college because in the NBA 9ppg on 40 FG% 30 3% 40% FT is not very attrative. yes he plays defense but so does beverly who is also a FA. Move him for a chance at a star, i rather take that risk with hunter or redish than play this guy.

Last edited by Lakerchaq on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo would make AD the best possible version of himself...

Lakerchaq wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

on transition yes, on a half court he would hurt AD. The lack of shooting and inability to play half court bball.

Teams tended to go over the screen against Lonzo over time since his shooting/scoring inside the arc were even less efficient than his 3pt shooting.

AD can just pop out to the 3pt line.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
There's no feasible way to trade for AD after signing a 30% max FA without sending out Lonzo. So is retaining Lonzo worth sacrificing other young talent and max cap space for?

Of course, if the Lakers strike out on their top targets then retaining Zo in an AD trade would be better than the alternative.

This isn't true. We can trade for AD without giving up Lonzo and the numbers have been run multiple times. All we'd have to do is wait the 30 days for the salary of the #4 pick to be included.

This has been discussed a lot here. Why make a false statement?

Lakerchaq wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I guess you didn't watch AD and RONDO, who isn't a great outside shooter, beat POR in 17-18? AD LOVED playing with a pass first PG who made his life easier.

Just watch the highlights. AD even talks about Rondo's effect in it.

AD is one of the best P&R BIGS in the NBA and now he's going to be upset with having to screen and Pop if someone goes under?

Don't forget Ingram's shooting this past year was 33% from 3. Lonzo's was 32.9% on about 3 times the attempts (at least 2x). Lonzo is more likely to take and make a 3 in a game than Ingram.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

I forget that point
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

This isn't true. We can trade for AD without giving up Lonzo and the numbers have been run multiple times. All we'd have to do is wait the 30 days for the salary of the #4 pick to be included.

Lakerchaq wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

I guess you didn't watch AD and RONDO, who isn't a great outside shooter, beat POR in 17-18? AD LOVED playing with a pass first PG who made his life easier.

AD is one of the best P&R BIGS in the NBA and now he's going to be upset with having to screen and Pop if someone goes under?

Don't forget Ingram's shooting this past year was 33% from 3. Lonzo's was 32.9% on about 3 times the attempts (at least 2x). Lonzo is more likely to take and make a 3 in a game than Ingram.
Bro Rondo has sick handles, floaters, finishes around the rim, sneaky as hell with the ball this guy is probably one of the best play makers ever without a shot.

He averaged more assists than lonzo even when lonzo started over him.

Like i said unless its transition lonzo is useless. His defense is overrated like MCW was.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

I would prefer to keep zo then sign Jimmy for a max I think. Jimmy is the better player so that’s a tough choice
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:

Lakerchaq wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

You know, there's a point of clarification needed on empty roster charges. I have the Lakers max cap space currently a few hundred grand short of signing a 30% max FA because of a fourth empty roster charge, but LS' projected salary table only has three empty roster charges with a 30% max FA signed.

What the hell is the point of empty roster charges then if they disappear with every free agent signing?

Anyway, yes, it is technically feasible if there are only three empty roster charges included after signing a 30% max FA. Pending mea culpa.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

I will never get over the touch/slap pass
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

I think LeBron would make AD great(er); Zo would be long gone in
the trade.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Good thread GC.

No doubt Lonzo is who they want for the SAME REASON. Lonzo and Zion? That's box office GOLD. If we could get AD without giving up Lonzo, that would be the best possible scenario, IMHO. Not likely though.

This.
Lakerchaq
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
I would prefer to keep zo then sign Jimmy for a max I think. Jimmy is the better player so that’s a tough choice

It wouldn’t work. Two none shooters you can collapse off.

You want to know who is the 1 player that would make me change my mind and keep lonzo? Klay.

Klays shooting gravity would make up for Lonzo’s lack.

Wow I finally figure out what I don’t like about lonzo. It is that. i feel that your job as a point guard is to get your team mates easy shots in a half court set because transition is easy but he ends up being completely useless because:
1) he hasn’t changed his shot and 2) his handles are terrible and look robitic 3) 40% from the FT line? Cmon work with me.

Max klay
Ingram+Kuz+4th+ Hart for davis

PG.Lonzo
SG.Klay
SF.Bullock
PF.Lebron
C.Davis

I would teach him how to post up, I actually think he might be great at this due to his mechanical moves that could work on the post, his passing could thrive in a half court set this way until he gets confortable later on his career.

Since he is not great at creating himself you need to give him players who can come off screens and shoot. I thought Svi was one of those and we gave up too fast, hart is also good at this.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

They would be a great frontline/back line backbone to an elite defense. You would still need another couple wing defenders, and maybe another rebounder. But that would be a great start.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo can make anyone better, I just want him to get a real SG (klay,beal,butler) so he can be made better
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Lonzo would make AD the best possible version of himself...

GameCock-MD wrote:

It’s likely they’ll never play together
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Lonzo can make anyone better, I just want him to get a real SG (klay,beal,butler) so he can be made better

IF A.D. comes, Zo will not be here. He'll be a part of the package.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
22 wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:
Trade Lebron to NO for Zion + filler.

When you all return to plant earth, send notice.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 649, 650, 651 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 650 of 1425
Jump to: