Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 724, 725, 726 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Just came in to say, I always liked you, LKA!

And yes, I do think a third max is absolutely coming, and my gut tells me it's Kawhi. But even if it's Kyrie or even Butler, great times are ahead, and it helps that it's likely that the 2021 pick will actually end up staying with us since it's reverse protected. So we have a chance to add both a cheap role player for 4 years and a MLE player in both of those seasons.

As much as I don’t like the guy, if Kawhiet joined the Lakers, if you get some solid role players surrounding them then the team is poised to three peat regardless if KD resigns with GS long term or not.

Just curious, why don't you like Kawhi? To me he's one of the most likeable players in NBA history. He complains as little as any star--by far--I've ever seen. I love the guy. Of anyone else we could have possibly acquired or signed in the past 10 years, I've wanted him more than anyone.

It helps that he's, you know, a wizard at basketball.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I would love it if the Lakers load up on 4-5 mid range vets instead of a over priced guard.

Brook Lopez
Danny Green
JJ Redick
Khris Middleton
Alex Caruso
Boban Bogdanovic
Julius Randle
DLO
Tobias Harris

Wow what an amazing rebuild opportunity!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
I would love it if the Lakers load up on 4-5 mid range vets instead of a over priced guard.

Brook Lopez
Danny Green
JJ Redick
Khris Middleton
Alex Caruso
Boban Bogdanovic
Julius Randle
DLO
Tobias Harris

Wow what an amazing rebuild opportunity!

I'm good with depth and shooters all day. I wonder how many we'd be able to get with the cap space we have this summer.
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Way too many picks for a player who won’t sign an extension.

Why do you believe that he won't sign an extension?
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:02 am    Post subject:

I think we are targeting at least two rings with all these crazy moves and thats perfectly fine with me, even one of the greatest dynasties of all times, GSW, managed to get 3.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

Jenn wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Last time we traded for an all star that wanted to get traded here, he left in free agency. We are one Lebron injury away from history repeating itself. He'll be 35, KD's only 31, Kobe was 34, anything can happen...

Last edited by E_Wulf420 on Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Reilec142002
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject:

You're trying way too hard to troll. He's not leaving.
ValleyLakeshowLover
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

Um, some of you guys really think he won't re sign with the Lakers after he hits free agency???

Like, his agent is LeBron's best friend. You seriously think that Rich Paul would facilitate the Lakers shedding all of the assets for his client AD, just to leave LeBron holding the bag a year from now??

This is why we can't have nice things you curmudgeons.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

I mean there is a chance he does leave but you don't win championships by playing it safe.

The raptors are champions right now because they weren't afraid. Life is about taking calculated risks
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

LKA is actually one of my favorite posters on here. I was never as pessimistic about the young core like him but we agree on quite a lot. He is a bit more of a realist than others.
Also, LeBron had always been far too calm the second half of the season. I think he’s always known a big star was coming... Kawhi. I’ve been a fan since 2007 and he’s never been this accepting with losing and just trusting the process, no matter what he says. LeBron knew if we found a way to get AD, this particular star player would come.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:23 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
I can't help but wonder... If we had succeeded in signing Paul George and then did this trade *this year* at the deadline, would we have won the ring this year with Durant injured in the semis? (Assuming we were the #1 or #2 seed.) Or even without Paul George.

What was the point of waiting until the offseason to trade for Davis?

No chance for playoffs without Paul George, as LeBron was out of shape after his injury. Adding AD at that time lifts us to #8 at best.

If the Lakers at any time had tried to trade for AD with both LeBron and PG on the roster, Demps asks for Kuzma, Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, Wagner, 3 picks and 3 swaps. And we'd have to use Deng's contract for ballast, so those would be unprotected picks and swaps. And we'd have to take Solomon Hill's $13 million just for good measure. Without PG, KCP would either have to waive his NTC or Rondo (with Zo out) would have to be traded for the trade to happen last February.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

Anthony Davis Full Highlights 2019.01.14 Pelicans vs Clippers - 46 Pts, 16 Rebs!

Anthony Davis Full Highlights 2018.12.28 Pelicans vs Mavs - 48 Pts, 17 Rebs, CLUTCH!

Anthony Davis Full Highlights 2018.12.21 Pelicans vs Lakers - 30 Pts, 20 Rebs, 5 Asts!
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

greek laker wrote:
I think we are targeting at least two rings with all these crazy moves and thats perfectly fine with me, even one of the greatest dynasties of all times, GSW, managed to get 3.

It almost felt like they won 5.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

On Kawhi’s cousins IG live they having an open mic night. He says Kawhi is on the way and he’s wearing a Laker hat
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject:

Lakers gave up too much for a player who has missed a lot of games due to injury unless they know they have another FA coming. Otherwise should have been Ball, Ingram and the #4 pick. If they don't have another quality FA coming this is not going to end well.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:54 am    Post subject:

ValleyLakeshowLover wrote:
Um, some of you guys really think he won't re sign with the Lakers after he hits free agency???

Like, his agent is LeBron's best friend. You seriously think that Rich Paul would facilitate the Lakers shedding all of the assets for his client AD, just to leave LeBron holding the bag a year from now??

What if AD fires his agent and gets a new one before a FA deal is signed? It happens.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
I mean there is a chance he does leave but you don't win championships by playing it safe.

The raptors are champions right now because they weren't afraid. Life is about taking calculated risks

The raptors trading for kawhi is a calculated risk because even in the worse case scenario, the raptors don't lose much. They lose derozan, who wasn't leading them anywhere, along with a mid-late lotto pick who didn't fit the current nba. Losing derozan also meant getting his contract off the books and with kyle lowry's expiring would have set them up to make a solid rebuild in some fashion.

Meanwhile the lakers traded their past, present and future draft picks for AD. Worse case scenario could set the lakers back big time, so while it is a risk, the AD trade is definitely not a calculated one. It's either go big or go home with the result.
ValleyLakeshowLover
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

ducasse2 wrote:

What if AD fires his agent and gets a new one before a FA deal is signed? It happens.

AD forced his way to the Lakers. He's drinking the Klutch Cool Aid. He's not coming off a serious back surgery. This is not going down like the Dwight Howard situation. I honestly think the Lakers might be able to add Kawhi even though ESPN didn't even discuss it today. If you're Kawhi, and you want to set yourself up for the future, is there a better player to attach yourself to than Anthony Davis? And if there is a better player, does that player's team have the cap space to straight up sign you outright? Nope.
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I mean, we already have two recent examples of these gambles paying off. Paul George re-signed with OKC even though most said he was definitely going to leave after that first round exit. The Raptors only had one season to get it right and they won a championship with Kawhi.

Plus Dwight never had the Lakers at the top of his list after his convo with Kobe asking him to be his Tyson Chandler (rightly so). In one of his radio interviews after he was traded here, the host asked if the Nets were his top choice and he confirmed it when he said something along the lines 'yeah but I'm here now and I'm excited.'
Yama
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject:

Even if Ingram and Ball become stars, in the NBA you need SUPERSTARS to win championships. and LOL at other teams fans saying we did bad in this trade. imagine your team managed all well, meanwhile lakers messing around and have AD and Bron must suck huh
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

The raptors trading for kawhi is a calculated risk because even in the worse case scenario, the raptors don't lose much. They lose derozan, who wasn't leading them anywhere, along with a mid-late lotto pick who didn't fit the current nba. Losing derozan also meant getting his contract off the books and with kyle lowry's expiring would have set them up to make a solid rebuild in some fashion.

Meanwhile the lakers traded their past, present and future draft picks for AD. Worse case scenario could set the lakers back big time, so while it is a risk, the AD trade is definitely not a calculated one. It's either go big or go home with the result.

Good point but life is short... go big or go home baby
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Last time we traded for an all star that wanted to get traded here, he left in free agency. We are one Lebron injury away from history repeating itself. He'll be 35, KD's only 31, Kobe was 34, anything can happen...

It's why I want a 3rd max player. Without one, we're an LBJ or Brow injury away from trouble. Don't trust LBJ or Brow to get us to the playoffs on their own. Get a 3rd star, and now LBJ and Brow don't have to do as much. And they're more likely to stay healthy.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
E_Wulf420 wrote:
Jenn wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

It's why I want a 3rd max player. Without one, we're an LBJ or Brow injury away from trouble. Don't trust LBJ or Brow to get us to the playoffs on their own. Get a 3rd star, and now LBJ and Brow don't have to do as much. And they're more likely to stay healthy.

Three stars are tempting but I think I would actually spread the 32m over 2 or 3 elite sharp shooters

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
The negative Nancys in this thread are hilarious.

You mean VLF? He's not really a Lakers fan, so his tears are delicious
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 am    Post subject:

Picked a heck of a day to be away from all news.

LeBron James and Anthony Davis.

Welp - that's indeed 2 Max.

Hate to see Lonzo, Hart and Ingram go. Plus 3 firsts. We paid a pretty stiff price. Now we need to completely re-load on the 1 through 3 positions. I was a pretty big fan of what could become of Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart, and I thought Ingram could be very good too. The defense could have been very, very good with the way Ball and Ingram were developing.

On the other hand, we now have a team with LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and we have Kyle Kuzma. Still gotta wrap my head around that. If we do get some interest from solid vet free agent guards and small forwards who can play reasonably good ball and shoot, we've got a chance to be real good.

So - mixed feelings, but cautiously optimistic.

Random thought on this; I wonder what the odds are that Alex Caruso wins Most Improved Player next season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 724, 725, 726 ... 1429, 1430, 1431  Next
Page 725 of 1431
Jump to: