Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 737, 738, 739 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LakersARETheGOAT wrote:
jodeke wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
If Kyrie stays in TOR and KD stays in GSW, we have a better chance to get Kyrie.

Check your post. You've got Kyrie playing for Toronto. When did he leave Boston? I think you mean if Kawhi stays in Toronto.

LOL...I meant Kawhi...

Ain't no thang. You don't have a lock on brain farts.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

AD was a (bleep) monster when he had a good team behind him in 2017-18. Looking forward to seeing him terrorize teams in the playoffs next season.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Is AD really a franchise changer? I would like to see the actual factors that support this. Not just personal stats.

He took the Pelicans to 2nd round playoffs and Jrue was the 2nd best player. That’s something that Pau Gasol can’t even do. Yes he missed playoffs, other greats did, last year was a hog wash. No question that he carried that team when he was healthy .

Yeah that is not a franchise changer to me like Tim Duncan, Shaq, LBJ, Kareem, etc.

He's not even at Kawhi's level.

Even Shaq kept getting swept out of the playoffs before he teamed up with Kobe (and even with Penny he kept getting swept). Even a young Kobe has missed the playoffs before. A lot of it is about teammates. That’s why Durant became a Warrior.
Muncy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Congrats from a Cavs fan. I know you all have had it tough lately but get ready for a deep playoff run next year.

Also get ready for the bandwagon and hater avalanche that is coming. At least you’re used to the haters. Lol

Get some shooters and defenders and get ready to roll.
RJ_LA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Jordan didn't win his first ring until 28.

AD is 26 and wants to be here. I hope we lock him for the rest of his career, because I think he can be that franchise changer.

CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Is AD really a franchise changer? I would like to see the actual factors that support this. Not just personal stats.

He took the Pelicans to 2nd round playoffs and Jrue was the 2nd best player. That’s something that Pau Gasol can’t even do. Yes he missed playoffs, other greats did, last year was a hog wash. No question that he carried that team when he was healthy .

Yeah that is not a franchise changer to me like Tim Duncan, Shaq, LBJ, Kareem, etc.

Those guys are top 10 ATG. I believed he’s more on KG level.

Raptors were a good team even without Kawhi but they need someone like him. But let’s wait until throughout the course of his career to see what can AD do. I believed he is a franchise changer. He’s on his prime now too.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Sounded like Pelicans would’ve rather made an inferior deal with Boston than deal with the Lakers until they unloaded all those draft picks

Quote:
When the Lakers backed up their truck and unloaded a payload of players and first-round picks onto the Pelicans’ dock, there was perhaps no way the Celtics would be willing to hamstring their future by dealing three first-round picks and allowing for other potential exchanges of draft position.

Though dealing with the Lakers and giving Paul what he wanted may not sit well with some higher in the Pelicans’ organization – or with other NBA clubs – the consensus is that New Orleans has done well for itself here. But the Pels’ anti-Laker sentiment appeared to be playing into the Celts’ favor when a New Orleans source told the Herald last month that the team “won’t be doing business with that club.” However, clearer heads and a better Laker offer prevailed.

http://bit.ly/2XfGiGd
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Muncy wrote:
Congrats from a Cavs fan. I know you all have had it tough lately but get ready for a deep playoff run next year.

Also get ready for the bandwagon and hater avalanche that is coming. At least you’re used to the haters. Lol

Get some shooters and defenders and get ready to roll.

Thanks
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Even Shaq kept getting swept out of the playoffs before he teamed up with Kobe (and even with Penny he kept getting swept). Even a young Kobe has missed the playoffs before. A lot of it is about teammates. That’s why Durant became a Warrior.

so kept getting swept but made the finals how old r u?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lakers Fans: 'Yeah we won a championship, but we overpaid to get the best big man in the game who's only 26. Hart and that draft pick in 2024 were too much to pay for AD.'

Fans From Every Other Team: 'I Hate Laker Fans.'

If you start from the premise that the Lakers will definitely win a championship, then of course any criticisms will seem silly. But the more unsure that premise is, the more the criticisms are valid.

The team definitely isn’t winning any championships with Ingram and Lonzo leading the way. Only LaVar Ball would think that.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

so kept getting swept but made the finals how old r u?

Yes, made the finals when he played on a loaded roster. Then he got swept by a 6 seed. Orlando underachieved. Anthony Davis never played with talent like that.

Edit: Shaq also got swept 3 years in a row and in 5 out of 6 seasons. It was constantly brought up back then.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

***BREAKING NEWS ***

Quote:
"Anthony Davis has reached out to Robert Horry for advice on his new role". -Bucher

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Jack's Room wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

The Lakers had Kareem for 4 seasons before Magic arrived. You know how many playoff rounds they won? Two.

The Lakers had Kobe for 3 seasons before Pau arrived. You know how many playoff rounds they won? One.

Even the greatest players of all time need a second star to help them.

Yup. Haters were loving it saying “See, Kobe only won because of Shaq.” They were wrong.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Title with Davis/Lebron > “sustained success” AKA no titles with Ball/Ingram

Yup. Do people think the Raptors lost the trade when they got Kawhi, even if he leaves?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Yup. Do people think the Raptors lost the trade when they got Kawhi, even if he leaves?

Raptors have never won a title in their history. Different standards. They also didn't mortgage their future and got rid of an albatross contract in DeRozan. False equivalents.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

LeBron/Davis is such an incredible pairing, just perfect in how they should complement each other. Best teammate ever for Bron. Too bad he's getting old, but for the next couple years, I like their chances against anyone. It's going to be so interesting to see how the rest of the roster fills out.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
bum2 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Putting all your eggs into a basket that requires LBJ and AD to stay 100% healthy is laughable. I am still waiting to hear how this was a good deal.

Trying to win a title now, instead of being delusional about young players. Got to let the process play out

Lakers were not about cheap ass titles, they were about sustained success. Good luck having that now. It doensn't really matter, Lakers will continue to print money.

Spoken like a True OG Lakers Fan..a team able to compete for 1 ring really means nothing ...you making a dominate team able to compete for AT LEAST 3 rings or a DYNASTY is not the exception but the MANDATORY EXPECTATION of that fan....anything less like building a temp team to "Steal one"....is beneath us...and that team needs to have a * next to the record of them wining.

Lebron and lebron fan effect. Just want cheap super team rings that leave teams decimated once he leaves

Wait, titles are cheap now? I’m pretty sure there would be plenty of vomiting here if the Clippers ever win one of those. The Celtics got an aging KG and Ray Allen, won a “cheap ass title” and it really sucked being on the losing end of that.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Raptors have never won a title in their history. Different standards. They also didn't mortgage their future and got rid of an albatross contract in DeRozan. False equivalents.

But history is history. It’s much harder for big market teams to win than it was in the past. We wouldn’t be able to bid for Shaq anymore; the league even stopped this team from getting CP3. Small market teams keep crying and trying to even the playing field.

And once you get Lebron you try to win now. DeRozan is almost certainly a better player than the players we were going to draft, and is way better than a guy like Lonzo Ball.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Winning titles in 2000-2002, winning in 2009 and 2010, winning one title in 2020 or 2021, that IS sustained success.

What is NOT sustained success is to stop winning after 2010 and go several decades without winning another one.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
***<b>BREAKING NEWS</b> ***

Quote:
"Anthony Davis has reached out to Robert Horry for advice on his new role". -Bucher

I don’t believe His reports
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
***<b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b> ***

Quote:

I don't get it. AD wants advice from Robert Horry about his role on the team?
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

^^he is being sarcastic and negative to Davis being relegated to a lesser role.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
^^he is being sarcastic and negative to Davis being relegated to a lesser role.

that's some stupid (bleep).
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

Were you under the impression we were trading for Duncan, Shaq, LBJ, or Kareem?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

The best you can do as an NBA team is give yourself a chance at titles. We have done that with more players to come. There are no guarantees in basketball. Look at GS this year, everyone had them locked in to win it all. If you want a guarantee the Lakers will win a title, then you are probably irrational. Some people are going as far as saying if the Lakers don't win THIS season or win multiple rings its all a failure.

These type of opinions are cray cray to me. Its ok to say "I would have went another route", but to say this move is a failure or even not good? Pass what you guys are smoking in your utopias.

KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
***<b><b><b>BREAKING NEWS</b></b></b> ***

Quote:

I don't get it. AD wants advice from Robert Horry about his role on the team?

Bucher is the worst

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 737, 738, 739 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 738 of 1425
Jump to: