Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 739, 740, 741 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject:

I hope AD waives his trade kicker. I’ll be a lil disappointed if he keeps it and prevents us from signing some quality players assuming of course Rob didn’t screw up either.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
I hope AD waives his trade kicker. I’ll be a lil disappointed if he keeps it and prevents us from signing some quality players assuming of course Rob didn’t screw up either.

AD left an extra 80M+ on the table by leaving NOLA. He already said he prioritizes legacy over money. He won't leave 80M and suddenly draw the line at another 4M. If it's entirely up to him, I'm sure he'll waive it if it's gonna help the team.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

AD left an extra 80M+ on the table by leaving NOLA. He already said he prioritizes legacy over money. He won't leave 80M and suddenly draw the line at another 4M. If it's entirely up to him, I'm sure he'll waive it if it's gonna help the team.

The endorsements will more than make up for the trade kicker. He’d have to be an idiot not to waive it and prevent a dynasty.
I’m highly confident that we are moving in the right direction and everything is falling into place.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
I don't see how people are happy about this.

Pelinka did zero negotiating. The guy clearly wanted to be here moreso than any other player. No other player or agent was as explicit as AD. Yet, you don't even have space for a 3rd max?

Pelinka has shown zero ability to build a team.

We are one injury away from being bad for the next decade.

Magic offered every young players on this team. Pelinka managed to keep Kuzma and Wagner but that’s because he was lucky to get the #4 pick. Yet he still lost two more picks, one to be unprotected. He and Magic are pretty much the same.

we lost picks that likely fall between 25-30

No, the pick that mostly likely falls in that range is the 2020 pick which is not included in the deal. Next summer, there’s a chance AD leaving the Lakers. And 4 years later, we might not have another star player pairing with AD even if he stays. There’s a high chance our pick is a lottery pick after 4 years.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Hope Nike gives him a bump is he's a Laker
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
No, the pick that mostly likely falls in that range is the 2020 pick which is not included in the deal. Next summer, there’s a chance AD leaving the Lakers. And 4 years later, we might not have another star player pairing with AD even if he stays. There’s a high chance our pick is a lottery pick after 4 years.

I wouldn’t call it a high chance, but there is a chance. If this move jump starts the franchise, we’ll be fine. If it doesn’t, things could get ugly.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSBoston

Multiple reports: Celtics were open to including Jayson Tatum in Anthony Davis trade, but Lakers' offer was too much for them to risk topping

Oh. That's why we had to overpay a bit?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSBoston

Multiple reports: Celtics were open to including Jayson Tatum in Anthony Davis trade, but Lakers' offer was too much for them to risk topping

Suspicious. Took them over 24 hours to report Tatum was included after every national report said he was not included? Nah, not buying it. They're just saving face because Danny boy is getting hammered by the media and fans.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSBoston

Yea, I had no doubt that "never included Tatum" was damage control by the Celtics FO. No way Ainge would let Tatum hold him back from acquiring AD (and blocking the Lakers).
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I would say LeBron/Anthony Davis is a potentially lethal combo.

They need some guards.

A lot of work still to be done.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Let me remind you that the great centers you guys have had - Moses, Hakeem and Yao - have all played on a couple Rockets teams that were very mediocre or even missed the playoffs.

Dream missed the playoffs twice. Once by a game when Cartwright injured him, and when he was 37. Moses won less than 40 games as a Rocket once, when he only played 59 games.

Go through anyone you think is top 10 and you won’t find many seasons of them winning less than 35 games. Elite players shouldn’t need much help to win half their games.

But I do think he will be a great 2nd option.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Let me remind you that the great centers you guys have had - Moses, Hakeem and Yao - have all played on a couple Rockets teams that were very mediocre or even missed the playoffs.

Dream missed the playoffs twice. Once by a game when Cartwright injured him, and when he was 37. Moses won less than 40 games as a Rocket once, when he only played 59 games.

Go through anyone you think is top 10 and you won’t find many seasons of them winning less than 35 games. Elite players shouldn’t need much help to win half their games.

But I do think he will be a great 2nd option.

As AD matures, I'd like to see him really develop his low post game and 3-point shot, so that when he's in his 30s and he starts losing his athleticism his numbers will still be great.

That's also how he can improve the impact of his numbers, by becoming a better one-on-one threat instead of a guy who has 60-70% of his baskets assisted on.

If/when he does that, he can go from being a 2nd or 1b option to a 1a option.

Hopefully AD hits up Kareem so that he can learn how to shoot the skyhook, or hit up Hakeem to improve his footwork and turnaround jumper in the post.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I have a feeling LeBron is giving AD a taste of what Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills is all about. Showing him LA's best, buying lunch at Da Pasquale. Conversation is about getting Kyrie or Khawi. Wave the kicker and almost guarantee a ring. Then there's Kobe, Jeannie, Shaq in his ear. He's probably staying with James until he finds a place of his own. It's all about building his future here in Los Angeles. LBJ's on his last leg. It'll be his team in a year or two, maybe less.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

I have a feeling LeBron is giving AD a taste of what Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills is all about. Showing him LA's best, buying lunch at Da Pasquale. Conversation is about getting Kyrie or Khawi. Wave the kicker and almost guarantee a ring. Then there's Kobe, Jeannie, Shaq in his ear. He's probably staying with James until he finds a place of his own. It's all about building his future here in Los Angeles. LBJ's on his last leg. It'll be his team in a year or two, maybe less.

LeBron's then kawhi's then ADs
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
He’s on a one year deal. I won’t relax about it until he inks a long term deal with us next summer. Him leaving destroys the franchise for five years, considering all the picks we gave up.

Absolutely. I also think there’s a .000001% chance of it happening so yeah I’m being realistic.

Considering he’s only asked out and a trade to the Lakers since Feb 2019

Which is exactly why we should have just signed him outright in 2020.

You really need to stop using this as a fallback excuse as to why you didn't like the trade. It's been explained over and over again why this is not a guarantee and the Lakers know that better than anyone.

The guy just said he sees no chance of AD not signing here.

You can't have it both ways.

If you are going to say it's nearly an absolute certainty he'd resign in LA.

Then another poster can say it's nearly an absolute certainty he would have signed in 2020.

My point is neither is an absolute certainty... except you guys like one of the absolutely certainties and you don't like the other.

PG and Kawhi are both different cases.

LBJ has alienated several of his teammates.

We don't know whether AD would have signed.

But we also don't know if he resigns if his experience with LBJ is subpar.

Both are unproven suppositions.

One you like, one you don't like... that is the only difference.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know rather Anthony Davis will be apart of Team USA this summer?
wsjan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
He’s on a one year deal. I won’t relax about it until he inks a long term deal with us next summer. Him leaving destroys the franchise for five years, considering all the picks we gave up.

Absolutely. I also think there’s a .000001% chance of it happening so yeah I’m being realistic.

And LeBron is another year older.

The Lakers went all in with the draft picks/swaps to get AD this year mostly due to KD/KT injuries and the west is wide open.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Im pretty sure he is. That would be him shooting himself in the foot and not allowing the Lakers full potential to land another big star or build a good team.

I still don't understand why the reports keep nitpicking about the July 6 and trade delay days... its ultimately up to AD if he waves that extra $4. mill trade kicker or not.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Look at what asset accumulation did for the Celtics. Will they even make it out of the first round next year?

You gotta cash in at some point.

Exactly. Really happy the Lakers went for it, instead of Ainging it sitting all afraid in the corner
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

You really need to stop using this as a fallback excuse as to why you didn't like the trade. It's been explained over and over again why this is not a guarantee and the Lakers know that better than anyone.

Then another poster can say it's nearly an absolute certainty he would have signed in 2020.

My point is neither is an absolute certainty... except you guys like one of the absolutely certainties and you don't like the other.

AD's stance is that he'd re-sign if he's traded to either the Lakers or Knicks and not that he's going to the lakers in 2020 no matter what. If he had gotten traded to the Knicks or even the Clippers, there's no guarantee that he's going to the lakers in 2020.

There's a far greater chance of him staying now that he's a laker since he said that he would re-sign when traded to the lakers, than there is of him signing as a free agent to the lakers in 2020 if he got traded to the Knicks or Clippers.

Kyrie is the only relevant all-star team mate that left Lebron but he never wanted Lebron in the 1st place. Kyrie had no choice. AD signed on to Klutch last year just to bring him to LA and Lebron as soon as possible. Big difference.

Last edited by 3baller on Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Look at what asset accumulation did for the Celtics. Will they even make it out of the first round next year?

You gotta cash in at some point.

Exactly. Really happy the Lakers went for it, instead of Ainging it sitting all afraid in the corner

Ainge went from being the Eastern Conference favorite to being a team who's going to have to fight to be a playoff team.

He passed on acquiring the superstar I was convinced he's been targeting for years, he lost the Allstar he currently has, and unfortunately the Allstar he signed is half the player he used to be due to injury.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I'm sure that this year being wide open with the Dubs' injuries played a part in them going all-in with an overpay + there being a high likelihood we have another max in play. Both of these likely go away in 2020

Last edited by Daphanabe on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I'm sure that this year being wide open with the Dubs' injuries played a part in them going all-in with an overpay + their being a high likelihood we have another max in play. Both of these likely go away in 2020

Yep, we can be the Houston Rockets that sneaked in 2 titles while Jordan was away. But in our case, only one of our super stars will be old.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

1. I have only ever said one thing. There is no guarantee AD would be coming to LA next season. If anyone says that they do then they have a very short memory.
2. We tried waiting for others and they never came. Now we're trying something different.

You know fully well that it's an unknowable situation if we wait a year. You literally just said it yourself. Yet that doesn't stop you from saying "Which is exactly why we should have just signed him outright in 2020" when you know there's no way if knowing if that's possible.

I don't want anything both ways. I want you to stop acting like we definitely could have gotten AD in free agency next season as an excuse for you not liking the trade.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
We just gave them everything... F U Rob and Jeanie.

Windhorst comparing it to the Nets-Celtics trade. Effectively six 1st-rounders for one player. Three top-4 picks. That's... that's... a lot of talent.

Um... I hope it works out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 739, 740, 741 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 740 of 1430
Jump to: