Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 740, 741, 742 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Look at what asset accumulation did for the Celtics. Will they even make it out of the first round next year?

You gotta cash in at some point.

Exactly. Really happy the Lakers went for it, instead of Ainging it sitting all afraid in the corner

Ainge went from being the Eastern Conference favorite to being a team who's going to have to fight to be a playoff team.

He passed on acquiring the superstar I was convinced he's been targeting for years, he lost the Allstar he currently has, and unfortunately the Allstar he signed is half the player he used to be due to injury.

One of the extra joys of what we just did is the Schadenfreude of seeing the Celtics (and Ainge) fail spectacularly. Like you said, he passed on obvious deals since he had his eyes firmly on AD - then when the time comes the Lakers (and Klutch) (bleep) all over their dreams.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
He’s on a one year deal. I won’t relax about it until he inks a long term deal with us next summer. Him leaving destroys the franchise for five years, considering all the picks we gave up.

Absolutely. I also think there’s a .000001% chance of it happening so yeah I’m being realistic.

Considering he’s only asked out and a trade to the Lakers since Feb 2019

Which is exactly why we should have just signed him outright in 2020.

I'm sure that this year being wide open with the Dubs' injuries played a part in them going all-in with an overpay + their being a high likelihood we have another max in play. Both of these likely go away in 2020

Yep, we can be the Houston Rockets that sneaked in 2 titles while Jordan was away. But in our case, only one of our super stars will be old.

Exactly. The beauty is even after going for it, we are left with an easily Top 5 player (and hopefully another max guy in the same age range).
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Is it weird that I think the Celtics are going to do better without Kyrie? At least in the playoffs.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Is it weird that I think the Celtics are going to do better without Kyrie? At least in the playoffs.

Depends if they keep Rozier or who they sign.

I think they’re a 45 win team at best
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
epak wrote:

Depends if they keep Rozier or who they sign.

I think they’re a 45 win team at best

We gotta see how free agency plays out and see what players go/stay/leave the east
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

1. I have only ever said one thing. There is no guarantee AD would be coming to LA next season. If anyone says that they do then they have a very short memory.
2. We tried waiting for others and they never came. Now we're trying something different.

You know fully well that it's an unknowable situation if we wait a year. You literally just said it yourself. Yet that doesn't stop you from saying "Which is exactly why we should have just signed him outright in 2020" when you know there's no way if knowing if that's possible.

I don't want anything both ways. I want you to stop acting like we definitely could have gotten AD in free agency next season as an excuse for you not liking the trade.

I get the doubt that AD might not have come back if he enjoyed his one year stay.

We learned that lesson with PG and Kawhi

However, it's also a valid question to wonder if somehow LBJ pisses him off and he leaves in a year.

I only say this because his last two teams ended up disgruntled with him, or he with them.

You can't say there's zero chance that he'll leave if something goes wrong... just like I can't say he'd come for sure in 2020 if we had punted.

I think it's unlikely he leaves in 2020.

I think it would have been likely he would have come if we punted.

My point is that people who were impatient think my idea is risky and absurd but their own plan has no risk.

Both have elements of risk.

This way we have him but we gave up a lot

The other way we would have waited but would have given up less.
Laker Shaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

1. I have only ever said one thing. There is no guarantee AD would be coming to LA next season. If anyone says that they do then they have a very short memory.
2. We tried waiting for others and they never came. Now we're trying something different.

You know fully well that it's an unknowable situation if we wait a year. You literally just said it yourself. Yet that doesn't stop you from saying "Which is exactly why we should have just signed him outright in 2020" when you know there's no way if knowing if that's possible.

I don't want anything both ways. I want you to stop acting like we definitely could have gotten AD in free agency next season as an excuse for you not liking the trade.

I get the doubt that AD might not have come back if he enjoyed his one year stay.

However, it's also a valid question to wonder if somehow LBJ pisses him off and he leaves in a year.

I only say this because his last two teams ended up disgruntled with him, or he with them.

You can't say there's zero chance that he'll leave if something goes wrong... just like I can't say he'd come for sure in 2020 if we had punted.

My point is that people who were impatient think my idea is risky and absurd but their own plan has no risk.

good post
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

If he pisses him off, then it’s a Shaq/Kobe situation. You trade Lebron and build around AD. It’s not in Lebron’s interest to push AD away.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I think he's going to play mostly center this year.
How about you?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Those people are also wrong. Anyone acting like they can see the future are just doing so to fuel their agenda.

There's a reason that I never called you or anyone out for not liking the teams present course of action. The reason is because you might eventually be proven right. I've only called you and others out for doing the same thing only in reverse.

Pretending to know the future is not a good look for and it would be great if we can all just recognize it. On both sides of the argument.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I think he's going to play mostly center this year.
How about you?

I'm thinking he closes out games at the 5, maybe start at the 4?

He's certainly more effective at center but playing the 4 can help conserve his energy since it's less anchoring.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Those people are also wrong. Anyone acting like they can see the future are just doing so to fuel their agenda.

There's a reason that I never called you or anyone out for not liking the teams present course of action. The reason is because you might eventually be proven right. I've only called you and others out for doing the same thing only in reverse.

Pretending to know the future is not a good look for and it would be great if we can all just recognize it. On both sides of the argument.

Fair enough... that's all I'm saying.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject:

I'm still celebrating

Everydays a celebration
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
2019 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Look at what asset accumulation did for the Celtics. Will they even make it out of the first round next year?

Exactly. Really happy the Lakers went for it, instead of Ainging it sitting all afraid in the corner

Ainge went from being the Eastern Conference favorite to being a team who's going to have to fight to be a playoff team.

He passed on acquiring the superstar I was convinced he's been targeting for years, he lost the Allstar he currently has, and unfortunately the Allstar he signed is half the player he used to be due to injury.

One of the extra joys of what we just did is the Schadenfreude of seeing the Celtics (and Ainge) fail spectacularly. Like you said, he passed on obvious deals since he had his eyes firmly on AD - then when the time comes the Lakers (and Klutch) (bleep) all over their dreams.

I know.

The Celtics should be taking so much more heat.

Instead, we are reading that the Lakers may have pulled a "Nets" and overpaid.

Ridiculous.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSBoston

Multiple reports: Celtics were open to including Jayson Tatum in Anthony Davis trade, but Lakers' offer was too much for them to risk topping

Oh. That's why we had to overpay a bit?

Suspicious. Took them over 24 hours to report Tatum was included after every national report said he was not included? Nah, not buying it. They're just saving face because Danny boy is getting hammered by the media and fans.

Yes. Suspicious.

Can say whatever you want now that the deal can't happen.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
He’s on a one year deal. I won’t relax about it until he inks a long term deal with us next summer. Him leaving destroys the franchise for five years, considering all the picks we gave up.

The franchise has looked pretty "destroyed" the prior 5 years.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:21 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
People keep saying the team threw away the future. I think the team has a more promising future with a 26 year old superstar.

You think correctly.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

Literally everyones saying we won by acquiring Anthony Davis

But there will still be a handful of people around here complaining every day 🤣🤣
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

But there will still be a handful of people around here complaining every day 🤣🤣

Yep. His initials are LKA
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LKA wrote:

Yep. His initials are LKA

Nope no complaints from me. We have 2 superstars.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:

Well said.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

First take says it's a good time to be a Laker fan

I couldn't agree any more 🤣
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

👍
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
LKA wrote:

👍

Without a doubt. Happy the complaining and whining has slowed down in here. We have Anthony Davis. He and Lebron, with Kuzma and some solid pieces around, will be a blast to watch.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
realking24 wrote:
LKA wrote:

👍

Without a doubt. Happy the complaining and whining has slowed down in here. We have Anthony Davis. He and Lebron, with Kuzma and some solid pieces around, will be a blast to watch.

The rebuilding phase was just painful to watch. Building championship teams are a risk, and just have to do it. Lets face it , Ball and BI are not going to lead us to a ring.

There is a risk of 2-3 stars, and all scrubs team, but that worked for us. People use GS as an example of injuries. Well if they weren't injured they would have won this year and continue with dynasty. Injuries part of the game and risk, just hope we don't get injured.

There is no dominant team is now, its the perfect time to strike. If team does well, those low draft picks won't matter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 740, 741, 742 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 741 of 1427
Jump to: