Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 783, 784, 785 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

You know whats soft... being old, out of shape and criticizing the best at what they do while sitting on your couch with beer stains on your v neck t shirt.

With that said James Harden is definitely soft
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

I’d argue guys like Duncan, Dirk, KG had long careers bc they were able to preserve their bodies not banging 36mpg against centers.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
It’s funny how guys like KG, Dirk and Duncan for years didn’t want to play “center” and that was just fine with folks. But when AD says the same he’s soft.

Laker fans called Duncan soft for years. It isn’t an insult, it is just a term for how some choose to play.

Stop making (bleep) up. Lakers fans did not call Duncan soft. How do you get away with these pure lies for all these years?? What kind of dirt do you have on DB that he lets you keep trolling on here?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It’s funny how guys like KG, Dirk and Duncan for years didn’t want to play “center” and that was just fine with folks. But when AD says the same he’s soft.

Not calling AD soft but the game has changed quite a bit since those guys had their prime tears. Those guys had to battle real Centers... Today's Centers are a bit different. It's Embiid, Jokic, and a bunch of 6'7" guys.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I’d argue guys like Duncan, Dirk, KG had long careers bc they were able to preserve their bodies not banging 36mpg against centers.

Tim Duncan.........was a center.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup

Not the first half of his career
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup

Not when he played next to David Robinson, true
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup

Not when he played next to David Robinson, true

Even after that. The Spurs had various C's they put next to him. Oberto, Rasho, etc. He didn't play C full time until later in his career.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. But the Spurs accommodated him with a long list of "starting" centers that would allow him to start at "PF". Marks. Mohammed. Splitter. Nesterovic. Oberto. Baynes.

They would all playing varying minutes, but the idea was to let them take the pounding at center to let Duncan finish at center at the end.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Right. But the Spurs accommodated him with a long list of "starting" centers that would allow him to start at "PF". Marks. Mohammed. Splitter. Nesterovic. Oberto. Baynes.

They would all playing varying minutes, but the idea was to let them take the pounding at center to let Duncan finish at center at the end.

If I remember right the 2009 and on Lakers did this with Gasol. Bynum would start at center with Gasol. But at the end of games He will play the 5 and Odom would play the 4. And it worked beautifully.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If I remember right the 2009 and on Lakers did this with Gasol. Bynum would start at center with Gasol. But at the end of games He will play the 5 and Odom would play the 4. And it worked beautifully.

Yup. I don't need AD trying to prove how "tough" he is and manning up to play the majority of center minutes.

I do want him to close halves at the least, 4 minute runs each half at center.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Laker fans called Duncan soft for years. It isn’t an insult, it is just a term for how some choose to play.

Stop making (bleep) up. Lakers fans did not call Duncan soft. How do you get away with these pure lies for all these years?? What kind of dirt do you have on DB that he lets you keep trolling on here?

Says the guy who joined in 2017.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

I think concepts like load management, and not having to unnecessarily play in a +1 position (that is a position that is one position higher in terms of guys defending guys that are taller/heavier) for long stretches is a good thing. I'd rather preserve our guys for the playoffs when the gloves come off so to speak.

With AD, I'm 100% ok with him not wanting to start at center and play the majority of his minutes there. I'd rather have him fresh and healthy for the playoffs and only play about 6-8mpg at "center" in closing halves.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Join date is 2017 but Ive been on here since 2002 and I have seen you blatantly lie and gas light and hate on the Lakers. You're (bleep) troll of the highest degree and the only reason you're still allowed on here is because you're buddies with the mods or DB. You were actively hating on Kobe during our championship runs
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup. I don't need AD trying to prove how "tough" he is and manning up to play the majority of center minutes.

Yes this is a perfect plan. If anyone remembers, there was a game back in about 2009 the Lakers were behind 10 or 12 with 3 minutes left against the Kings. Odom came in and Gasol moved to the 5. And Gasol just became a beast and the Lakers won. This happened multiple times and I think that’s because Gasol had plenty of energy to close the game and it brings in a new looked at the end of the game.

If the Lakers play their cards right, they can unleash the beast in AD at the end of close games. And AD beast is likely better than Gasol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lar9149 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yes this is a perfect plan. If anyone remembers, there was a game back in about 2009 the Lakers were behind 10 or 12 with 3 minutes left against the Kings. Odom came in and Gasol moved to the 5. And Gasol just became a beast and the Lakers won. This happened multiple times and I think that’s because Gasol had plenty of energy to close the game and it brings in a new looked at the end of the game.

If the Lakers play their cards right, they can unleash the beast in AD at the end of close games. And AD beast is likely better than Gasol

Yup. Bynum was a handful himself, and 99% of the other teams could not go toe to toe with Pau/Odom/Bynum as a frontcourt trio.

I'm thinking that our closing death lineup will be LBJ at PF, AD at C. That will be devastating IMO.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Your best insult is mocking at another poster's join date to a Lakers forum? Grow up.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As soon as the framework for the blockbuster trade was agreed upon with New Orleans in June, James — who will be entering his 17th NBA season — promptly held conversations with higher-ups in the organization and expressed his views on why it’s imperative that Davis becomes the focal point of the team’s offensive identity, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

James, who will turn 35 in December, has carried the offensive burden throughout his decorated career. The Lakers, with heightened expectations for the 2019-20 season, will embark on a new chapter with Davis expected to lead the charge.

“I’ve kind of been a focal-point player my whole career, especially in New Orleans. But first off, to have a guy like LeBron, someone of his caliber, go tell management and ownership and the coaches that he wants me to be the focal point is an honor,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I know what comes with that, and that’s a lot of heavy lifting. I want to be able to do that. I think I have the capabilities of doing that. And obviously with the team’s support, it’s going to be a lot easier on me. We have a great team.”

James is organizing a pre-minicamp for players in Las Vegas that starts on Sept. 23, sources told Yahoo Sports. It is expected to be a three-day session in advance of training camp on Oct. 1.

“I want to be Defensive Player of the Year,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I think if I’m able to do that, I can help this team win. The offensive end will come around, but defensively, I want to hold myself, teammates, including LeBron, accountable in order for us to take on the challenge of being the best we can defensively. In doing so, we’ll have a good chance of winning every night. I want to make sure me and LeBron are on the All-Defensive Team. And for me personally, I just want to be the Defensive Player of the Year. If we’re able to hold teams under 100 [points], which is probably unrealistic but it should be our goal, I think we’ll have a shot at winning the title.”

Regarding playing Center:

Quote:
“Nah, it’s true. I said it. But the thing is, it’s a long season and you want to be smart,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “Battling [centers] can wear on your body. So I think having JaVale [McGee] and having DeMarcus [Cousins] before he got hurt and now having Dwight [Howard] takes pressure off of me and allows me to play and withstand an 82-game season and going into the playoffs. But obviously, if we have to and we’re playing a big lineup where I’m at the five, then I’m willing to do it. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to win.”

LINK
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

“I’ve kind of been a focal-point player my whole career, especially in New Orleans. But first off, to have a guy like LeBron, someone of his caliber, go tell management and ownership and the coaches that he wants me to be the focal point is an honor,” Davis told Yahoo Sports. “I know what comes with that, and that’s a lot of heavy lifting. I want to be able to do that. I think I have the capabilities of doing that. And obviously with the team’s support, it’s going to be a lot easier on me. We have a great team.”

This is music to my ears and the Lakers will be at their best if it turns out to be true. AD being the #1 option is the key.

It’s not a slight against Lebron. He should embrace being the facilitator and option 1A or 2. 35 years old.

He can still flash prime Lebron when needed, but AD should be the primary star on the court even if Lebron will still likely get most of the attention with media, fans, etc.

Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

It’s ADs time
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ocho wrote:

This is music to my ears and the Lakers will be at their best if it turns out to be true. AD being the #1 option is the key.

It’s not a slight against Lebron. He should embrace being the facilitator and option 1A or 2. 35 years old.

When needed, he can still flash prime Lebron when needed, but AD should be the primary star on the court even if Lebron will still likely get most of the attention with media, fans, etc.

LeBron wants to win championships and he knows AD being the main guy is the only chance of that happening.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

AD working hard on his 3 point range. It will be yet other effective weapon added to his repertoire.

Last edited by pio2u on Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Join date is 2017 but Ive been on here since 2002 and I have seen you blatantly lie and gas light and hate on the Lakers. You're (bleep) troll of the highest degree and the only reason you're still allowed on here is because you're buddies with the mods or DB. You were actively hating on Kobe during our championship runs

I can attest that the bolded portion is true. And don't forget, VLF was a mod back in the day and constantly started flame wars.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject:

Season need to start now! Preseason at least!
Just bored, hypothetical, had we drafted Tatum instead of Ball, would you guys give up Tatum and BI along with Hart and those picks for AD?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 783, 784, 785 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 784 of 1425
Jump to: