Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 800, 801, 802 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

He isn't the workhorse that Giannis is and gets dinged up a lot. It is what it is. We'll have to get used to it. Fortunately, he's averaged over 65 games/season throughout his career and is in his prime. The org has to find a way to get him to the playoffs healthy each year.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

AD jams his thumb, people blame Lebron.

This place is just the best.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

He missed a total of 14 games the last 2 years before last year's situation.
Shouldn't be a problem. Sprains happen, he'll be fine.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Mr Glass, I knew it
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:

Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

if AD/Kuz/Cook/Daniels are no goes for the 1st few weeks of the season, what are your lineups?

I'd do this..

Caruso
Bradley
Green
Lebron
McGee

Bench of

Rondo
KCP
Dudley
Dwight
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Would go very easy on AD minutes to finish the preseason.
AD shouldn't play the first two games and then maybe the last.
If at that.

Don't be like the Dodgers Best record in NL with 106 and
loose in the first round. Same story for three years.

The Lakers have to be smarter than that.
Loose the games that don't count and
win those that matter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Did AD die yet? Asking for a friend.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had to know the potential is very high for an AD injury. Not JUST because he's injury-prone -- but he's a big man playing a small guard's game. Add in LeBron's declining (yet already limited) skill set and it's starting to become clear for people to see where this team will live and die.

The trade for AD is what you do for a durable transcendent super star. The Lakers screwed themselves. 60 games a year is what we traded ALL of our depth and draft picks for. So disgusted.

And to add to insult... The Pelicans are going to run us into the ground each and every time we play them.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
The Lakers had to know the potential is very high for an AD injury. Not JUST because he's injury-prone -- but he's a big man playing a small guard's game. Add in LeBron's declining (yet already limited) skill set and it's starting to become clear for people to see where this team will live and die.

The trade for AD is what you do for a durable transcendent super star. The Lakers screwed themselves. 60 games a year is what we traded ALL of our depth and draft picks for. So disgusted.

And to add to insult... The Pelicans are going to run us into the ground each and every time we play them.

AD is only 26 and is a top 5 player in the league. It's still early but i'd rate him behind Duncan and right up there with the KGs/Malones/Barkely's of PFs. He will be one of the best ever power forwards if he remains healthy.

The trade was of equal value but yeah I can agree with the part that we have no depth left on the team...especially at the guard position.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

AD is only 26 and is a top 5 player in the league. It's still early but i'd rate him behind Duncan and right up there with the KGs/Malones/Barkely's of PFs. He will be one of the best ever power forwards if he remains healthy.

The trade was of equal value but yeah I can agree with the part that we have no depth left on the team...especially at the guard position.

For me... AD is definitely not one of those guys. Especially Malone. I don't have a big guy of that caliber to compare AD to. If I had to pick a player -- it would be Tracy McGrady.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I mean it’s not like Lonzo and BI missed 30+ games last year right?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
if AD/Kuz/Cook/Daniels are no goes for the 1st few weeks of the season, what are your lineups?

I'd do this..

Caruso
Bradley
Green
Lebron
McGee

Bench of

Rondo
KCP
Dudley
Dwight

No way Caruso should be the starter after the brain fart he displayed against the Nets, I much rather have Rondo start over Caruso.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The Lakers had a growing investment and ended up treating it like sunken costs. It's totally irresponsible what they did and when you add the draft picks PLUS the overhead of KLUTCH -- it's a stupid gamble to pay the price for AD that they did.

My argument is independent of the injury-prone nature of AD. However, adding this variable makes it even more condemning.

Worst trade in Lakers history. They won't recover for 10 years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

The Lakers had a growing investment and ended up treating it like sunken costs. It's totally irresponsible what they did and when you add the draft picks PLUS the overhead of KLUTCH -- it's a stupid gamble to pay the price for AD that they did.

My argument is independent of the injury-prone nature of AD. However, adding this variable makes it even more condemning.

Or they cashed in their growing investments for a top 5 MVP level player who is 26. We’ll see.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I can't believe the overreaction to AD's injury.

Yes, he's injury prone. Yes, he may miss some time due to this injury.

But it's just one injury. Plus, he has a history of not missing *that* many games each season, despite being injury prone.

Let's wait and see how this plays out before declaring the AD trade the "worst trade in Lakers history."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

But it's just one injury. Plus, he has a history of not missing *that* many games each season, despite being injury prone.

Let's wait and see how this plays out before declaring the AD trade the "worst trade in Lakers history."

75 games the previous 2 years. Last year he and the Pels agreed to mutually sit out after the trade deadline.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

For me... AD is definitely not one of those guys. Especially Malone. I don't have a big guy of that caliber to compare AD to. If I had to pick a player -- it would be Tracy McGrady.

The comparison for me has been Pau.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

I'd do this..

Caruso
Bradley
Green
Lebron
McGee

Bench of

Rondo
KCP
Dudley
Dwight

No way Caruso should be the starter after the brain fart he displayed against the Nets, I much rather have Rondo start over Caruso.

Rondo was pathetic today.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

75 games the previous 2 years. Last year he and the Pels agreed to mutually sit out after the trade deadline.

Consider why the Pelicans allowed him to quit on the team.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Welcome to Lakersground!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Consider why the Pelicans allowed him to quit on the team.

To preserve AD’s trade value. They were nowhere near the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 800, 801, 802 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 801 of 1430
Jump to: