Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 845, 846, 847 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Pau was great. Always really appreciated the guy. But AD's athleticism, defensive skill, and scoring ability are at a much higher level.

Yea, I hate having to talk negatively about one former Laker to defend a current Laker, especially when I like both guys.

Pau was awesome in his role. Great vision. Rebounded. Got buckets. Fit with Kobe.

AD has been good for us this young season as well. Elite defense. Elite handles for a big. Spreads the floor (even though his outside % is off at this time). Athletic. Rebounds, blocks shots and gets buckets.

As a thought experiment, I wonder how the Lakers would have looked if we replaced Pau with AD. Note Pau was big time for us in the 2 championships.

I think we threepeat with AD and Pau swapped. AD would not get bullied by KG the way Pau was in 2008, and our defense would have been a lot better. With that said, Pau owned Dwight and redeemed himself for 2008 in 2010.

How often was Pau really matched up against AD, though? Maybe my memory is off, but I remember him being matched up with Perkins since he was playing the 5 due to Bynum being out. Needless to say, Perkins was bigger than him. Like, a lot bigger.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Does anyone really believe that if we replace Pau with AD in 2008 that AD gets dominated by KG?

For sure, he was like 15.

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

BIG GAME coming up from AD, I can feel it

Big game time
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

BEAST!

realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Best 1 2 punch in the game!!!! His length and athleticism and instincts are amazing. Especially on D he covers so much ground it makes it hard on the other teams. Hopefully he gets his stole from 3 down
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

AD completely shuts down the paint whether it's excellent fundamental defense, blocking shots or simply intimidating guys. Love how his defense even extends to the three point line where he closes out on shooters extremely well.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
AD completely shuts down the paint whether it's excellent fundamental defense, blocking shots or simply intimidating guys. Love how his defense even extends to the three point line where he closes out on shooters extremely well.

Kid is a monster.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:26 am    Post subject:

I hope he starts liking to play as center, he is a monster there. I would have played Mcgee a bit more today in the fourth quarter as he was playing good though.

Last edited by SPO200 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

Pure domination. Imagine to have some good PG together with him on the floor( someone like Nash, Kidd, Paul). It would be amazing. LBJ,AD plus PG. Unstoppable.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

I hope davis meets with the celtics and every other team we hate, makes them wait and miss out on other players....what a great strategy?!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

Besides his amazing defense.

Wasn't it awesome to have AD as an outlet when the heat went to a zone defense? He'd just go to the top of the key and work. Passes and shots.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

Everytime I get a little upset for AD for taking a bad shot or making life harder on himself on offense (he is a force inside or when on the move but loves to take tough shots), I then see his defense and it erases everything. His defense is special.

Other Giannis, and Kawhi, this is the only other dominant 2-way guy - as in dominates on both sides. And the fact that he can dominate inside as well, as a big, makes the potential for him to be the league's most valuable player if he starts to take better shots on offense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Taking tough shots and doing the 2 hands down (calm down, I got this) motion is such Kobe. Not to mention taking technical fouls shots as our big. That's a sight to see. Haha
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

All the high praise for AD means dick if he ain't even verbally committed to resign here as the media hinted. Lakers revert to expansion team level talent if he and LBJ both opt out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
All the high praise for AD means dick if he ain't even verbally committed to resign here as the media hinted. Lakers revert to expansion team level talent if he and LBJ both opt out.

Hotels.com
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

I got 2 words for ya
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:44 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Why did you let yourself get completely duped by the media by even accepting the premise that he needs to verbally commit in early November?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Actually that should bring high praise for his business ability
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Besides his amazing defense.

Wasn't it awesome to have AD as an outlet when the heat went to a zone defense? He'd just go to the top of the key and work. Passes and shots.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/1193245049586237440

Yep
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Everytime I get a little upset for AD for taking a bad shot or making life harder on himself on offense (he is a force inside or when on the move but loves to take tough shots), I then see his defense and it erases everything. His defense is special.

Other Giannis, and Kawhi, this is the only other dominant 2-way guy - as in dominates on both sides. And the fact that he can dominate inside as well, as a big, makes the potential for him to be the league's most valuable player if he starts to take better shots on offense.

I would say Lebron is a dominant 2 way guy so far. He isn't messing around.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

AD being an ams reach away from the corner three and a contest on this midrange jumper is insane.

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1193211141448617984
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
AD being an ams reach away from the corner three and a contest on this midrange jumper is insane.

This is what I'm talking about. His ability to cover ground and contest shooters into difficult attempts is very over-looked imo.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
drae wrote:

This is what I'm talking about. His ability to cover ground and contest shooters into difficult attempts is very over-looked imo.

Like having 6 players on defense . He would've contested that corner 3 too if they opted to pass it there.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I would say Lebron is a dominant 2 way guy so far. He isn't messing around.

Lebron has been all-nba level on defense so far...also people need to stop saying Kawhi. He’s mailed it in on defense for his standards since he left the Spurs.

Even last year people saying he shut down Giannis...he didn’t by himself. That was a perfect team effort.

Kawhis effort level on D last year in the regular season was even worse than LeBron’s for a good portion, for those that watched him closely...
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Still think Pelicans robbed us
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 845, 846, 847 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 846 of 1425
Jump to: