Official ANTHONY DAVIS is a LAKER Thread (Formerly the AD Trade Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 847, 848, 849 ... 873, 874, 875  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7229

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
epak wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Still think Pelicans robbed us


Not with Zo sitting with a groin injury


I’m joking. I could care less about the young guys we traded.


How about the trades we can’t make because NO owns our draft? We could get Iggy for a first but we don’t have a first.


No team is giving up a first for Iggy. It would have been done by now.

And chances are you would blast Pelinka for overpaying and yes it would be an overpay.


Vlf, what's the trade you're looking for? Who we giving away + the #1 pick?


There was a report that said if KCP declines the most likely workable trade package would be Danny Green just because of salaries ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 32961

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
epak wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Still think Pelicans robbed us


Not with Zo sitting with a groin injury


I’m joking. I could care less about the young guys we traded.


How about the trades we can’t make because NO owns our draft? We could get Iggy for a first but we don’t have a first.


No team is giving up a first for Iggy. It would have been done by now.

And chances are you would blast Pelinka for overpaying and yes it would be an overpay.


Vlf, what's the trade you're looking for? Who we giving away + the #1 pick?


There was a report that said if KCP declines the most likely workable trade package would be Danny Green just because of salaries ...


Out best shooter and arguably best wing defender + #1 for Iggy? Yikes.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 135087
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
AD is the best defender in Lakers history and top 5 all time imo.


Coop was pretty good


So was Horry, he checked prime TD.
_________________
Lennon lives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 135087
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
epak wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Still think Pelicans robbed us


Not with Zo sitting with a groin injury


I’m joking. I could care less about the young guys we traded.


How about the trades we can’t make because NO owns our draft? We could get Iggy for a first but we don’t have a first.


No team is giving up a first for Iggy. It would have been done by now.

And chances are you would blast Pelinka for overpaying and yes it would be an overpay.


Vlf, what's the trade you're looking for? Who we giving away + the #1 pick?


It depends on who is available and their salary. We are poorly set up to make trades both because of salary structure and available picks.
_________________
Lennon lives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 135087
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
epak wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Still think Pelicans robbed us


Not with Zo sitting with a groin injury


I’m joking. I could care less about the young guys we traded.


How about the trades we can’t make because NO owns our draft? We could get Iggy for a first but we don’t have a first.


No team is giving up a first for Iggy. It would have been done by now.

And chances are you would blast Pelinka for overpaying and yes it would be an overpay.


Vlf, what's the trade you're looking for? Who we giving away + the #1 pick?


There was a report that said if KCP declines the most likely workable trade package would be Danny Green just because of salaries ...


Out best shooter and arguably best wing defender + #1 for Iggy? Yikes.


We wouldn’t have had to send salary in the offseason
_________________
Lennon lives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 7229

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
epak wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Still think Pelicans robbed us


Not with Zo sitting with a groin injury


I’m joking. I could care less about the young guys we traded.


How about the trades we can’t make because NO owns our draft? We could get Iggy for a first but we don’t have a first.


No team is giving up a first for Iggy. It would have been done by now.

And chances are you would blast Pelinka for overpaying and yes it would be an overpay.


Vlf, what's the trade you're looking for? Who we giving away + the #1 pick?


There was a report that said if KCP declines the most likely workable trade package would be Danny Green just because of salaries ...


Out best shooter and arguably best wing defender + #1 for Iggy? Yikes.


We wouldn’t have had to send salary in the offseason


It's still 17mil on the books, which we can't afford.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 18159

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Pretty worrisome that he was grabbing his shoulder again...It seemed like he had a long time in between games to let it heal/get treatment, and it's come back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 23 Oct 2019
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
AD is the best defender in Lakers history and top 5 all time imo.


Coop was pretty good


Yeah but nearly as great as AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cannga11
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Kuz did stink it up today but maybe the main reason we lost was AD playing outside the paint much more than he normally does? AD in the paint has been the stabilizing force during the win streak IMHO. Not today.

If I were opposing teams, I would love for AD to be out there shooting 3's.(Adding to this problem was James not able to finish in the paint today.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 135087
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
drae wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AD23 wrote:
epak wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Still think Pelicans robbed us


Not with Zo sitting with a groin injury


I’m joking. I could care less about the young guys we traded.


How about the trades we can’t make because NO owns our draft? We could get Iggy for a first but we don’t have a first.


No team is giving up a first for Iggy. It would have been done by now.

And chances are you would blast Pelinka for overpaying and yes it would be an overpay.


Vlf, what's the trade you're looking for? Who we giving away + the #1 pick?


There was a report that said if KCP declines the most likely workable trade package would be Danny Green just because of salaries ...


Out best shooter and arguably best wing defender + #1 for Iggy? Yikes.


We wouldn’t have had to send salary in the offseason


It's still 17mil on the books, which we can't afford.


Right, much better to have Cousins and KCP.
_________________
Lennon lives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10101
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Pretty worrisome that he was grabbing his shoulder again...It seemed like he had a long time in between games to let it heal/get treatment, and it's come back.


Agreed.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 10165

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Pretty worrisome that he was grabbing his shoulder again...It seemed like he had a long time in between games to let it heal/get treatment, and it's come back.


Agreed.


https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1193770479074430978?s=21

Smh not good.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 16684
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

It's bizarre that our coaching staff is letting him play instead of taking a look at the injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31613

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
It's bizarre that our coaching staff is letting him play instead of taking a look at the injury.


He’s their star player/future, I’m sure they already got an MRI.. he played through a torn labrum for 3 years in his other shoulder.. idk what the injury is, but, yea..
they get MRI’s for everything now-a-days.. they’re just not being transparent like usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 23633
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Guessing he needs surgery to fix it and we're all just gonna have to pray it doesn't get worse over the next 80 games. If rest was gonna do anything, we'd be resting him. For now it's something he can play through and i'm sure he feels the pressure of having to play for a team that gave up everything it had for him and can't win without him on the floor.

This is what we signed up for though right? The dude gets hurt. The main reason i thought we were giving up too much to get him. You can't afford to have threadbare depth and even more threadbare assets with him on your team because you HAVE to count on him missing time. For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 10165

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.


Part of that Laker Tax.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 23633
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.


Part of that Laker Tax.


No it's just Rob being a poor negotiator. Treated all our assets like they were penny stocks while AD on an expiring deal, with zero other trade suitors was a golden unicorn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 10165

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.


Part of that Laker Tax.


No it's just Rob being a poor negotiator. Treated all our assets like they were penny stocks while AD on an expiring deal, with zero other trade suitors was a golden unicorn.


Overpay for sure, I’m just strictly speaking from a Lakers assets are trash until they aren’t Lakers.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2966

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Guessing he needs surgery to fix it and we're all just gonna have to pray it doesn't get worse over the next 80 games. If rest was gonna do anything, we'd be resting him. For now it's something he can play through and i'm sure he feels the pressure of having to play for a team that gave up everything it had for him and can't win without him on the floor.

This is what we signed up for though right? The dude gets hurt. The main reason i thought we were giving up too much to get him. You can't afford to have threadbare depth and even more threadbare assets with him on your team because you HAVE to count on him missing time. For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.

It's because

Injured BI >>> Injured AD clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 9831

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

shut him down for a week
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 23633
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.


Part of that Laker Tax.


No it's just Rob being a poor negotiator. Treated all our assets like they were penny stocks while AD on an expiring deal, with zero other trade suitors was a golden unicorn.


Overpay for sure, I’m just strictly speaking from a Lakers assets are trash until they aren’t Lakers.


That's our fault for not managing/developing our assets better or hiring a coach that new how to make Lebron and BI shine alongside each other. It's not like the media just agrees to crap on our assets. Witness the litany of "could Kuz be their 3rd star?" articles when he's barely looked like that since Summer League.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 23633
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week


That won't heal a tear in his labrum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31613

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Brian Sutterer, MD
@b_sutterer
At what point is the right shoulder issue going to hit a tipping point for Anthony Davis? The way he acts when it gets tweaked makes me wonder about his labrum first and rotator cuff second.

imho it doesn't seem like a bruised shoulder or something, that goes away in a few weeks. How he hurt it reminds me of Kobe tearing his labrum on a dunk. And AD has had a torn labrum before in his other shoulder. Wet blanket on the season for me a bit.. is what it is.. His lower body was banged up for a couple game stretch a week ago, he wasn't moving right or jumping hard.. Danny Green said AD's conditioning isn't at his standard yet because he was banged up in camp.. just is what it is for him. unfortunate. we still have a chance he just throws caution to the wind in the playoffs and goes all out - i don't think he's doing that now, but I commend him for playing at least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 10165

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
For some reason, BI was a degraded asset because of his health situation but AD's years of injury issues were not.


Part of that Laker Tax.


No it's just Rob being a poor negotiator. Treated all our assets like they were penny stocks while AD on an expiring deal, with zero other trade suitors was a golden unicorn.


Overpay for sure, I’m just strictly speaking from a Lakers assets are trash until they aren’t Lakers.


That's our fault for not managing/developing our assets better or hiring a coach that new how to make Lebron and BI shine alongside each other. It's not like the media just agrees to crap on our assets. Witness the litany of "could Kuz be their 3rd star?" articles when he's barely looked like that since Summer League.


I disagree there. Just watching, imo it was pretty clear Ingram, Lonzo and Hart were going to be good. It was just Laker hating in the media...media that doesn’t watch the games.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25989

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
AD is the best defender in Lakers history and top 5 all time imo.


Coop was pretty good


So was Horry, he checked prime TD.


TD shat all over him. The one time we held TD in check during those runs was when we had Horace Grant. Big mistake not resigning Horace.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 847, 848, 849 ... 873, 874, 875  Next
Page 848 of 875
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB