Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 848, 849, 850 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week

That won't heal a tear in his labrum.

do we know that's what the injury is? I mean I guess I'll read into your point that if we don't know we should first find out (MRI, etc)
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week

do we know that's what the injury is? I mean I guess I'll read into your point that if we don't know we should first find out (MRI, etc)

An absence of information usually points to a more serious injury. If it was a bruise or a strain, i think we would've heard that by now. The Lakers probably want to control the most obvious narrative ("AD is hurt again and the Lakers can't afford to have him or Lebron miss time because they did a poor job building the roster out around them plus the one young guy they kept has sucked"). ANd everything AD is saying sounds like what Dwight was saying back in 2012.

Man, I'm hating these parallels.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Quote:
Brian Sutterer, MD
@b_sutterer
At what point is the right shoulder issue going to hit a tipping point for Anthony Davis? The way he acts when it gets tweaked makes me wonder about his labrum first and rotator cuff second.

imho it doesn't seem like a bruised shoulder or something, that goes away in a few weeks. How he hurt it reminds me of Kobe tearing his labrum on a dunk. And AD has had a torn labrum before in his other shoulder. Wet blanket on the season for me a bit.. is what it is.. His lower body was banged up for a couple game stretch a week ago, he wasn't moving right or jumping hard.. Danny Green said AD's conditioning isn't at his standard yet because he was banged up in camp.. just is what it is for him. unfortunate. we still have a chance he just throws caution to the wind in the playoffs and goes all out - i don't think he's doing that now, but I commend him for playing at least.

Yeah it sucks and definitely tempers enthusiasm. Coaches really gotta get it into player's heads: no hard dunks! I know it's hard to resist but you're just inviting injury risk.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week

An absence of information usually points to a more serious injury. If it was a bruise or a strain, i think we would've heard that by now. The Lakers probably want to control the most obvious narrative ("AD is hurt again and the Lakers can't afford to have him or Lebron miss time because they did a poor job building the roster out around them plus the one young guy they kept has sucked"). ANd everything AD is saying sounds like what Dwight was saying back in 2012.

interesting - with this FO I could easily see this being the case

if it is indeed a labrum is it the type of thing that either requires surgery + a long recovery time or just playing through it and the type of thing that won't necessarily get worse?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week

if it is indeed a labrum is it the type of thing that either requires surgery + a long recovery time or just playing through it and the type of thing that won't necessarily get worse?

each tear is different I think.. Kobe tore his on a dunk(like AD) and needed surgery and his year was done. Dwight tore his in his season with us and kept playing; Paul George I believe also tore his and kept playing. AD tore his other labrum years ago and played with it for 3 years.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week

\

From what i remember about Dwight's injury, they said it was the type of injury that woudn't necessarily be made worse from playing, but he can obviously hurt it again and make it worse with a bad fall or someone pulling on it or over-aggressive dunk. Like AD said, the pain is there all the time and you're not only trying to block that out but the worry of making it worse. The one saving grace is that AD is a good free throw shooter. Dwight was getting Hack-a-dwighted which meant people constantly pulling on his arms, which had to not only be painful but actually make the injury worse (something Dwight never got credit for, least of all playing alongside Mr. Pain is Nothing).

It seems to be something he can play through for now, but we'll never get the benefit of AD at 100%, which sucks. And he probably will need surgery on it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

thx for the insight, guys - starting to buy into this theory

and it certainly does suck because I agree that he hasn't looked 100% so far this year
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we are officially in Anthony Day to Davis season.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Looks like we are officially in Anthony Day to Davis season.

We can't catch a break
*sighs*
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AD on playing: with sore right shoulder at Suns Tuesday: " It feels good right. But we're going in with a mind set that we go through shoot-around, see how it feels throughout the course of the day. Tomorrow shoot before the game and if it feels good then pencil me in."

Turner

Quote:
Anthony Davis says his shoulder has improved a lot from when it was initially injured two weeks ago. Sometimes, however, it stings during certain plays in games. Davis said he would go through shoot-around tomorrow in PHX and “If it feels good, then pencil me in” to play.

Bresnahan

Last edited by Chad09 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Didn't LO have a torn labrum that he played with a couple of seasons?

It's tough seeing AD look so down, his body language last night was pretty depressing. You can tell he's trying to soldier through the pain.
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
shut him down for a week

Man, I'm hating .

Pretty much all I’ve seen from you on here. Hating
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
danzag wrote:
It's bizarre that our coaching staff is letting him play instead of taking a look at the injury.

He’s their star player/future, I’m sure they already got an MRI.. he played through a torn labrum for 3 years in his other shoulder.. idk what the injury is, but, yea..
they get MRI’s for everything now-a-days.. they’re just not being transparent like usual

And that could get them in big time trouble with the league.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
AD is the best defender in Lakers history and top 5 all time imo.

Coop was pretty good

So was Horry, he checked prime TD.

TD shat all over him. The one time we held TD in check during those runs was when we had Horace Grant. Big mistake not resigning Horace.

Dr. Buss being cheap.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
FrankUnderwood wrote:
AD is the best defender in Lakers history and top 5 all time imo.

Coop was pretty good

So was Horry, he checked prime TD.

TD shat all over him. The one time we held TD in check during those runs was when we had Horace Grant. Big mistake not resigning Horace.

Dr. Buss being cheap.

Why? He barely played for the Magic in 2002-2003 when we lost to the Spurs. Wouldn't have made a difference.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

It's a long marathon, and our goal isn't to win as many games in the regular season. AD should sit a few games and try to heal.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis says shoulder improving: 'We're moving in the right direction'

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28061386/anthony-davis-los-angeles-lakers-shoulder-gotten-much-better
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

The way he grabs that shoulder every game. Sigh. He's gonna miss extended time at some point during this season. And I'm not surprised. I called him Mr. Glass before the season even started.
I do think Rondo will help him play better offensively.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The way he grabs that shoulder every game. Sigh. He's gonna miss extended time at some point during this season. And I'm not surprised. I called him Mr. Glass before the season even started.

I think so too and I’m not sure we can survive it tbh. I’m not confident of LBJ and the rest of this roster even against the Memphis, GSW, and OKCs of the West.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
danzag wrote:
It's bizarre that our coaching staff is letting him play instead of taking a look at the injury.

He’s their star player/future, I’m sure they already got an MRI.. he played through a torn labrum for 3 years in his other shoulder.. idk what the injury is, but, yea..
they get MRI’s for everything now-a-days.. they’re just not being transparent like usual

And that could get them in big time trouble with the league.

Are you going to report them, VLF?
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I think so too and I’m not sure we can survive it tbh. I’m not confident of LBJ and the rest of this roster even against the Memphis, GSW, and OKCs of the West.

Why should you be?
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I predict AD sits tomorrow against Warriors
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

this game showed me we have some grit. AD got tangled up for an Oboard with a minute left and then disengaged quick and sprinted back, very astutely, wanting the win.. play before that he made Booker airball a layup.
Avery Bradley is tough and makes tough winning plays, the big Oboard. Kuz isn't afraid of the moment. Caruso plays super tough D. Bron is a load. Dwight hustles and bangs.
Team is tough and has it's eye on winning.
Impressive down the stretch win.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

20+ in his sleep
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

His defense is so good
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 848, 849, 850 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 849 of 1427
Jump to: