Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 851, 852, 853 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Davis will not play tonight.

I was hoping Lebron sit this one out too.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Kendrick perkins just said this shoulder injury is 5 years old
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

When AD had surgery on his (other) shoulder it was to repair an injury that was also a number of years old. So ... I guess I shouldn't be surprised
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

what does this mean exactly? it's like a long term permanent condition? any further details?
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

what does this mean exactly? it's like a long term permanent condition? any further details?

He didnt really say anything. Said its an old injury that hes been dealing with for 5 years
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Heal up, Beast!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
People haven’t watched GSW games. They have been surprisngly competitive even against squads with full health.

Not saying we cant best them without AD but its not a guaranteed win.

Exactly. The roster looks like the Santa Cruz Warriors but they have been competitive. A couple of ridiculous scoring games from DLO.

A dose of Bradley, Green, and Caruso should keep Russell under control. They did a pretty good job on Booker

Nope. DLo is not that kind of player.

If he’s on, there’s not much you can do to stop him other than prevent him from getting the ball.

DLo is the new Mamba. Shooting everywhere , getting past double and triple teams and dunking in your face.

You’re right. Where have I been. MVP MVP MVP...
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

seriously though
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

seriously though

The lazy and simpleton suggestion of throwing a guard on DLo one on one will NOT work unless you’re just hoping he is off.

Do you know why?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

seriously though

The lazy and simpleton suggestion of throwing a guard on DLo one on one will NOT work unless you’re just hoping he is off.

Do you know why?

he does most of his damage via pick and roll, right? so that would be why

but I just thought your previous post was far too bullish on DLo
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Smart decision to keep him out.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

NBA needs to reduce the total number of regular season games. Keep number at two games per week. Can’t have stars take games off, people pay big money to go to those games ...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
NBA needs to reduce the total number of regular season games. Keep number at two games per week. Can’t have stars take games off, people pay big money to go to those games ...

honestly, just reduce the games to the point where there's only like 2-3 back to backs in a season... so reduce it by 10 games. The NBA is track meet now, players have to defend the 3pt line 30ft out, & it's nothing but sharp cuts and full athletic exertion - no pro should be playing games on back to back nights! It's ridiculous.

We would also get better quality of basketball if these players weren't so tired. a b2b is like a Thursday night Football game on the joints, imo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

honestly, just reduce the games to the point where there's only like 2-3 back to backs in a season... so reduce it by 10 games. The NBA is track meet now, players have to defend the 3pt line 30ft out, & it's nothing but sharp cuts and full athletic exertion - no pro should be playing games on back to back nights! It's ridiculous.

We would also get better quality of basketball if these players weren't so tired. a b2b is like a Thursday night Football game on the joints, imo.

Reduce the pre-season.
And get rid of the back to backs.
Cut only 6 games.

30 games (2 games each against opposite conference)
42 games (3 games each against own conference)
4 games (1 additional game each, total of 4, against own division)
76 in total.

Oh, and get rid of bye weeks.
Get rid of the designated hitter.
And get rid of overseas travels.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

seriously though

Do you know why?

he does most of his damage via pick and roll, right? so that would be why

but I just thought your previous post was far too bullish on DLo

Yes. It’s not to say he can’t be defended. But “throwing” a defender on him and calling it a day doesnt work.

For any high pick and roll guards, you need team defense.

Otherwise, as I said, you have to hope he misses.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
People haven’t watched GSW games. They have been surprisngly competitive even against squads with full health.

Exactly. The roster looks like the Santa Cruz Warriors but they have been competitive. A couple of ridiculous scoring games from DLO.

A dose of Bradley, Green, and Caruso should keep Russell under control. They did a pretty good job on Booker

If he’s on, there’s not much you can do to stop him other than prevent him from getting the ball.

DLo is the new Mamba. Shooting everywhere , getting past double and triple teams and dunking in your face.

You’re right. Where have I been. MVP MVP MVP...

MVP is killing us tonight
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:

I think reducing the time of the game would be interesting.

I watched the FIBA World Cup this summer and enjoyed the 10 minute quarters...There were no Lulls...Teams had to play hard the whole game...Every possession mattered...

I think this could be an interesting alternative to reducing the number of games.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

My worry about AD is he's fragile. He's played 75 games twice in his career. LINK Load management, Vogel will have to carefully manage AD's PT.

The league is studying the affect sitting players has on the bottom line. I understand their concern.

For instance, road and home games fans pay hard earned dollars to see a super star and if said super star is DNP, CD it could be problematic.

The league is also stepping in about sitting star players in games that are on national TV.

Doc won't play Kawhi in back to back games. Coaches are resting healthy players siting load management.

Concern is about playoffs and being as healthy for them as possible. Where is this going?

As I stated to start, AD is fragile. I want him for the end game but I'm only 1 fan in 38.5 million.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Booker is a more dangerous scorer than DLo.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Anyone know why the NBA doesnt do home b2bs? Seems like if guys could at least go straight home before a game and sleep in their own bed rather than go to an airport, plane, hotel, with 5am check-ins, you could at least undo some of the damage fatigue wise.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
My worry about AD is he's fragile. He's played 75 games twice in his career. LINK Load management, Vogel will have to carefully manage AD's PT.

The league is studying the affect sitting players has on the bottom line. I understand their concern.

For instance, road and home games fans pay hard earned dollars to see a super star and if said super star is DNP, CD it could be problematic.

The league is also stepping in about sitting star players in games that are on national TV.

Doc won't play Kawhi in back to back games. Coaches are resting healthy players siting load management.

Concern is about playoffs and being as healthy for them as possible. Where is this going?

As I stated to start, AD is fragile. I want him for the end game but I'm only 1 fan in 38.5 million.

It's really hard to envision him having a long career unless he develops a devastating jumpshot a la Dirk.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

DLo is ahead of Booker when it comes to managing the game though. When it comes to potential, no doubt Booker has an higher ceiling. He can score anywhere without anyone setting a pick and also can slash inside.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Note: AD is not playing tonight
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

Pretty much need to game plan like yesterday for LBJ and AD the entire season. Lebron has a few years left and a lot of personal all time stats at stake, so I do not see him missing games. But we can probably get AD rest a number of times this season when we play deep lottery teams, at Staples. Assuming we have the rest of the roster healthy, it would be smart to get games off for AD.

Also, Lebron himself needs to get his rests in games, if our second unit can carry the lead a bit or close out games without LBJ needing to come back in. Dwight, Kuzma, and Rondo need to play like 3 top guys on that unit to make it work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AD23 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yeah. As a DLO fan, I have to agree with this. Booker is more unleashed to just score and not playmake. I still think DLO is a better playmaker than Booker but Booker is a more consistent scorer b/c he can take it to the rim.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 851, 852, 853 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 852 of 1427
Jump to: