Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 854, 855, 856 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

Hard to come by? LOL he's averaging 26 ppg. Y'all need to stop playing lmao.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:
Why does it seem like points are so hard for him to come by? I remember he would be on the Pelicans and I would look up and he would have 30 points and 20 rebounds in his sleep. Now 2 points is like a miracle for him. Is he injured? Struggling to fit in? What's going on.

He's averaging 25 points a game this year, which I think is more than Lebron. He's also doing it on fewer touches because he's not the only superstar on the team.

He struggled a LOT this game because Luke "I'm a devious, evil mastermind" Walton sent a double team at him the instant he touched the ball ALL FIRST HALF.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:17 am    Post subject:

He's averaging 26/10/3/3

Shaq with us averaged 27/11/3/2

So 1 point and 1 rebound less than perhaps the most dominant Laker to ever play, and people think he's struggling, all the while on a bruised shoulder. lol too funny.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
He's averaging 26/10/3/3

So 1 point and 1 rebound less than perhaps the most dominant Laker to ever play, and people think he's struggling, all the while on a bruised shoulder. lol too funny.

Unfortunately it looks like he may have torn something It's dragging on a bit too long

He played 3 years with a torn labrum before so he might be playing in some pain again this year
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
He's averaging 26/10/3/3

Unfortunately it looks like he may have torn something It's dragging on a bit too long

He played 3 years with a torn labrum before so he might be playing in some pain again this year

Don't think it's torn, if it was the Lakers would have forced him to heal up. Heck they sat Bradley down for a damn stress fracture. He said it was a bruise that is getting better, another weak or 2 and he should be golden.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject:

I'd be ECSTATIC if it were a bruise

Onto the supposed disagreement between AD and Lebron (they were only discussing the play they were going to run but whatever, let's run with it), after the game there was video footage of them jostling and mucking around

For most of the time the player AD was playing with was out of shot but as this picture shows it's clearly Lebron. Only old man Bron has this sort of thinning hair

So the first picture is just before they started jostling. See the bald head? Then the second picture is during their playing. I'll post the video I got these pics from as well

https://i.imgur.com/DEg6u6N.png
https://i.imgur.com/wtlbO6X.png

Video clip is here: https://twitter.com/LakersNation/status/1195595717470900225

So they're fine with each other. No need to panic people … *looks at Reddit* too late
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:38 am    Post subject:

Thing with AD is that people want to see higher percentage shots, but unfortunately throughout his career he has taken a lot of low percentage shots. I was watching a lot of his videos this summer after the AD trade and one knock on him was that he was good for at least 3-4 bad shots a game (and he makes them at times too), It sends his FG% and TS% down, and now in LA you are seeing teams begin to double and triple him a lot more. The pace we are playing at is slower, so AD is probably getting more halfcourt coverage. This is exposing some of AD's flaws - flaws that weren't always being exposed as much in the quicker fast tempo that Alvin Gentry runs.

So I looked at last year's Pelicans numbers and they were third in the league in pace. You see Ingram go over there and have a complete green light to shoot everything. This is not halfcourt execution basketball as much as the Lakers are trying to play. Lakers are more of control the tempo team, run when there is a chance but usually want to play composed, at a pace they will develop execution for the playoffs.

In contrast, The Lakers are 20th in the league in pace. So AD went from an elite pace team, a team that was not valuing the possession the same way. So he would run up, and take a lot of quick shots and even run all the way and get a lot of easy dunks. These are not happening as much because Lebron plays at a difference pace and as I said before, this team is trying to win a championship knowing this is the tempo they can beat teams at.

What AD has to do is remove habits he has had in the D'Antoni/Gentry offense for years. It will take him time. He chucks up a lot of low % shots, that he has been accustomed to doing. He will slowly get better at it. However it will probably take a full year playing halfcourt basketball like this. Frank Vogel has to watch tape with AD and show him exactly where the doubles are coming from and to encourage him to move the ball quicker in that situation. Frank has to also show him where he is letting the defense off the hook with bad shots. I am sure AD will adjust at some point. I just don't know if it will be this season, or next. The D'Antoni offense is great for the RS and putting up monster stats and the league has adopted a lot of it, but come playoffs you need halfcourt execution as well, and AD has had very little experience in the playoffs and playing this style.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
drae wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
He's averaging 26/10/3/3

Don't think it's torn, if it was the Lakers would have forced him to heal up. Heck they sat Bradley down for a damn stress fracture. He said it was a bruise that is getting better, another weak or 2 and he should be golden.

And Shaq didn’t play defense like AD especially on the parameter. And AD can pretty much guard any player big or small
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

DPOY material
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

26/10/3/3

And feels like he’s had a so-so start. Man, I can’t wait to see this dude kid-season form with this team then the next gear in the playoff... oh my
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
26/10/3/3

And feels like he’s had a so-so start. Man, I can’t wait to see this dude kid-season form with this team then the next gear in the playoff... oh my

lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
DPOY material

I think if he keeps this up, it’s for sure.

I don’t know why coaches don’t tell their players if AD is guarding you, just pass it. Last night I saw the Kings go at him in the closing minutes and not even get close to getting a good shot.

I remember right players are only shooting 25 percent when he contest them. That is sick!

I think offensively he hasn’t lived up to his potential but as another poster mentioned it might be getting use to the slower pace the Lakers play
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
He's averaging 26/10/3/3

Only AD is shooting 48% with 27% from 3. You defend him by letting him shoot from outside and crowd and pound him inside. The Kings has a good game plan.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

Can't say enough good things about AD.

He had 4 blocks, yeah that's nice and all but he also had about 4-5 plays where he completely changed the shot but doesn't show up on the stat sheet, example causing Bogdanovic throwing a bad pass and causing a great shooter like Hield to air ball a 3pter.

He only had 5 FG made last night but still had a big presence offensively because he shoots and makes a lot of FTs.

Stay healthy AD.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

He's been great on defense, a little underwhelming on offense, especially with LeBron off the floor. Maybe it's a lack of another good creator (Surprise, surprise: Rondo is not the answer here) or just Vogel and co needing to scheme better, but so far, his non-Lebron assisted scoring has been less then stellar and the on/off numbers back this up.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

He's not a 1a scorer because he often can't create a good shot when he gets the ball in isolated situations away from the basket.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

The most impressive thing about him to me is the pace he plays with. I'm not sure I've seen him break a sweat all season. That says a lot considering how active he is and the fact that he plays the entire 1st and 4th quarters. He's also very aware of his length and how to use it. On the game saving block against the Kings he was able to take the perfect angle to both cut off the pass to the corner and deny any shot at the rim. You could see Barnes peek at Hield in the corner and when it wasn't there he kinda just resigned himself to going up with it, knowing that wasn't an option either. That's an incredibly unique ability that many players with freakish wingspans aren't able to utilize. Javale for instance would never do that but AD does things like that all the time.

As an aside I think he'll be a great mentor to Kostas because he flashes that same ability IMO. Against the Warriors in preseason he kept rejecting shots at the rim by playing off the shooter and baiting them to go up before casually sliding over at the last second when they had fully committed to the shot and then smearing it against the backboard, effortlessly much like AD. We really have an abundance of talent at the 5 spot.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
He's not a 1a scorer because he often can't create a good shot when he gets the ball in isolated situations away from the basket.

I don't buy that. He should be. His shooting touch is lost right now, we should see crazy games once it comes back. This dude was doing 50/20's in New Orleans. It behooves Lebron and the Lakers to install alpha mode in him.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

is his shoulder injury to his shooting shoulder?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

I don't buy that. He should be. His shooting touch is lost right now, we should see crazy games once it comes back. This dude was doing 50/20's in New Orleans. It behooves Lebron and the Lakers to install alpha mode in him.

He has always been a player who needs someone to set him up, he doesn’t create much for himself. His on/off numbers show us that he is a much more effective scorer with Lebron than without. We just need guys who can set him up. Sure he had big scoring games in NO and those typically coincided with Jrue being healthy.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:

Getting 20 rebounds has nothing to do with whether he's an effective scorer.
You can consider him a #1 option if you want, but if he isn't receiving lobs, when they need points and he's away from the basket, he's been awfully inconsistent. Kareem, Jordan, and Shaq were double teamed but they regularly got theirs. All too many times the Lakers offense slows when they give Davis the ball and get out of the way.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:
He's averaging 26/10/3/3

Only AD is shooting 48% with 27% from 3. You defend him by letting him shoot from outside and crowd and pound him inside. The Kings has a good game plan.

Luke is a better defensive coach than he was given credit for. Which shocking knowing his career as a player
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
He's been great on defense, a little underwhelming on offense, especially with LeBron off the floor. Maybe it's a lack of another good creator (Surprise, surprise: Rondo is not the answer here) or just Vogel and co needing to scheme better, but so far, his non-Lebron assisted scoring has been less then stellar and the on/off numbers back this up.

I’d like to see a deal for some type of playmaker like Devonte graham
LakersLV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'm sure Charlotte would trade him for our trash
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

LakersLV wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I'm sure Charlotte would trade him for our trash

would you trade koozy for him
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 854, 855, 856 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 855 of 1427
Jump to: