Official ANTHONY DAVIS is a LAKER Thread (Formerly the AD Trade Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 879, 880, 881 ... 916, 917, 918  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 10969

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:20 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
drae wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I don't have anything else to say to you about it.. meditate on the info I provided. It might sink in at some point.


I have.

And as explained above, you are still 100% wrong.


At some point self awareness has to kick in, and a bit of maturity. Our exchange has reached a point where it pollutes the thread. This is where self awareness should kick in, out of consideration for others you move on.. That's where maturity should kick in, we don't agree.. and that's okay. I'm fine with you believing whatever it is you believe. The whole you're wrong, you're wrong, bit is childish boss.


Not interested in what you think of my behavior, however you had the same opportunity to move on as me and haven't, which leads to my next point.

Also not interested in your hypocrisy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7286
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:21 am    Post subject:

Alright lil guy.. enjoy the rest of your night..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 10969

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Alright lil guy.. enjoy the rest of your night..


You as well

And it's very easy too on a night AD puts up 50!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 17048
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:02 am    Post subject:

FIFTY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1821
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:17 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
FIFTY


On 29FGA and 10FTA, ridiculous efficiency.
_________________
Davis for DPOY 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 434

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject:

How is he so good? Even without LeBron he is still a beast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 34143

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

And what I saw was Giannis having trouble scoring on Kawhi. Did he have help in covering him sure.. but Kawhi covered him well.


Then you saw wrong. Giannis beat Kawhi several times and what stopped Giannis was the Toronto team walling off the paint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-EPx-v1XIY


I liked how the clips of Giannis getting by Kawhi were of Giannis missing the layups
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 10969

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I liked how the clips of Giannis getting by Kawhi were of Giannis missing the layups


Must have got too excited actually seeing the rim for once and not a wall of flesh

Anyway I can't believe AD's 50 didn't have a single three pointer. If the Lakers win the championship with old school big men hammering it inside I'm going to be so happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 434

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
epak wrote:
I liked how the clips of Giannis getting by Kawhi were of Giannis missing the layups


Must have got too excited actually seeing the rim for once and not a wall of flesh

Anyway I can't believe AD's 50 didn't have a single three pointer. If the Lakers win the championship with old school big men hammering it inside I'm going to be so happy

I really despise the new basketabll with so many 3 attempts but man, I love how the Lakers play, it's the real showtime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7286
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject:

I'm sick of hearing it's a new NBA.. I'd love to see a smash mouth brand of ball win a chip. Then maybe all the analysts can shut up about playing outside in..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 1242

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

M V P !!
_________________
Kobe Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 4749

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

I knew AD was a super star, but I never knew he was this good (on both sides of the ball). It is great to be a Laker fan right now. Instead of the (bleep) and complaining of how we got here or where other teams are, we should just enjoy the moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 15080

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I knew AD was a super star, but I never knew he was this good (on both sides of the ball). It is great to be a Laker fan right now. Instead of the (bleep) and complaining of how we got here or where other teams are, we should just enjoy the moment.

You did not know he was this good?
He had been a target of so many teams.
So lucky he Forced his way here.
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53184

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

There was a reason David Griffin who is considered an elite executive, was trying to keep him, even when he wanted out and knew he could get the Lakers package that LA end up giving. He knew and valued Ingram, Ball and others. He knew what was on the table. Yet, he still first tried very hard to convince AD to stay and team up with Zion. Why? Because David knows that to get a talent like AD is very tough in this league and once he actually had a consistent all-star he would thrive.

AD never had a consistent all-star - half a season of Cousins. Holiday is a good, but not great consistent all-star player. I can not believe the amount of criticism he received. The Pels without him are 6-17 winning far less than they were with him. He at least had them winning 35-40 games, sometimes more and in the playoffs a few times. Without him, they're on pace to win less than 24 games this year.
_________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Rz0TSprFc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 262

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Anyone knows who the last player was to go for 50 without a three made? Surely it's been a few years!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

I knew he was good...but he is amazing especially on defense. And him and LBJ together are like a force multiplier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 15080

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
There was a reason David Griffin who is considered an elite executive, was trying to keep him, even when he wanted out and knew he could get the Lakers package that LA end up giving. He knew and valued Ingram, Ball and others. He knew what was on the table. Yet, he still first tried very hard to convince AD to stay and team up with Zion. Why? Because David knows that to get a talent like AD is very tough in this league and once he actually had a consistent all-star he would thrive.

AD never had a consistent all-star - half a season of Cousins. Holiday is a good, but not great consistent all-star player. I can not believe the amount of criticism he received. The Pels without him are 6-17 winning far less than they were with him. He at least had them winning 35-40 games, sometimes more and in the playoffs a few times. Without him, they're on pace to win less than 24 games this year.

Lucky for Lakers.
I think he already set his mind on the franchise far before Bron came to Lakers. Where do you want to be if you are really a franchise player? I do believe, he and Zion would have been a nightmare if Zion becomes as projected. You talk about a team that went to the playoffs with bad luck. Now you add a promising Lebron-like rookie. It would have been something to see both guys on the floor. It would be a real lop city!
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 107095

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
I knew he was good...but he is amazing especially on defense. And him and LBJ together are like a force multiplier.


The defense is what sets him apart. He is playing like an elite star on BOTH ends. Aside from Giannis, of the top MVP candidates like Luka/Harden, those guys are elite one way players.
_________________
Mitch Kupchak on Kobe: “They threw away the mold when Kobe Bryant was born...There will never be another like him.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2019
Posts: 1242

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

tgi_friyay wrote:
Anyone knows who the last player was to go for 50 without a three made? Surely it's been a few years!


aldridge jan 2019
_________________
Kobe Forever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Oct 2007
Posts: 15080

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
I knew he was good...but he is amazing especially on defense. And him and LBJ together are like a force multiplier.

Reminds me of his college days... king of blocks.
He is so intimidating in and around the paint.
And offensively, he is hard to stop from the free throw line as he can change direction so quick and so well.
_________________
Kobe's Top 5 Dunks, 81 points, MJ last gm @Staples
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tgi_friyay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 262

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
tgi_friyay wrote:
Anyone knows who the last player was to go for 50 without a three made? Surely it's been a few years!


aldridge jan 2019


Well shut my mouth... thanks for the info
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 4749

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I knew AD was a super star, but I never knew he was this good (on both sides of the ball). It is great to be a Laker fan right now. Instead of the (bleep) and complaining of how we got here or where other teams are, we should just enjoy the moment.

You did not know he was this good?
He had been a target of so many teams.
So lucky he Forced his way here.


No I did not. I did not watch his every game like you and some other fans so I did not appreciate his entire skill set. I had no idea of the range and ground he covers on D. I also did not realize how effective he was down low on the offensive side of the ball. He is much stronger than he looks. He is an amazing player and to think we got him before he even enters his prime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 7286
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

I guess we won't be hearing any more "Which duo is better" analysis. AD is outplaying Kawhi and PG by a considerable margin. So is Bron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 107095

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

AD literally has no weakness aside from durability/health.

He's a rare big man who is elite at protecting the rim and switching onto guards. I don't see guards who try to take advantage of the "mismatch" as there is none.

Offense, with a burgeoning 3 point game, he has the entire floor where he can score. His deft touch at the rim is ridiculous and he is such a great finisher. He should be our #1 scoring option.

This is why I don't see AD as a "#2" or "Robin." He and LBJ are 1A and 1B; with LBJ as 1A b/c he runs the offense.
_________________
Mitch Kupchak on Kobe: “They threw away the mold when Kobe Bryant was born...There will never be another like him.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 28742

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I knew AD was a super star, but I never knew he was this good (on both sides of the ball). It is great to be a Laker fan right now. Instead of the (bleep) and complaining of how we got here or where other teams are, we should just enjoy the moment.

You did not know he was this good?
He had been a target of so many teams.
So lucky he Forced his way here.


No I did not. I did not watch his every game like you and some other fans so I did not appreciate his entire skill set. I had no idea of the range and ground he covers on D. I also did not realize how effective he was down low on the offensive side of the ball. He is much stronger than he looks. He is an amazing player and to think we got him before he even enters his prime.


He wasn’t this good on D before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 879, 880, 881 ... 916, 917, 918  Next
Page 880 of 918
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB