Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 909, 910, 911 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Yeah I tend to riff off of what people say haha.

Anyways, I’m not doggedly ( ) going to pursue this discussion, cause we both appear to know where each camp stands.

I’ll just let Bron say it for me instead...

Quote:
"The minutes don't mean anything. We could play 50-minute games if we had to," James said. "Once you go out and play on the floor, it doesn't matter if you're playing 22 minutes or 40 minutes. Once you play, it takes a toll on your body."

Quote:
"Less games is less concessions and less tickets and all that, but at the end of the day, we want to protect the prize, and the prize is the players," James said. "If guys are being injured because there's so many games, we can't promote it at a high level."

Quotes is taken from a 29 y/o Bron. You already know what it is...dude just turned 35 and is forced to play a role/position he hadn’t played since his first 2 weeks in his rookie campaign...at age 18.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/17359669

So anyways, about that cat AD. He’s good, right? Too bad he got hurt...it coulda been much worse tho. Let’s try to see if we can find a way where we don’t revisit an “it coulda been worse” moment again. Shall we?

Good quote.
I think the context is different. But I'll give it to you haha.

Depends on how quick AD's butt muscle heals, but I would think he's good. Questionable for Friday, but he's traveling with them. So who knows if he'll play. Might as well sit him since Porzingis isn't playing and come play against OKC the next.

The context is completely different haha

Lebron himself has commented on load management this season saying he's not a fan and wont do it unless he's actually hurt. That quote above was him taking what Lebron said out of context and fitting it into his argument. He was strictly talking about having a shorter season in that quote which is different.

Just like saying he shouldn't play when he is sick.. A lot of the all time greats take those times as a challenge to themselves and still play. Just like there are plenty of people out there who don't take there sick days and continue to put in that work regardless. Some people are just built different and don't like to use excuses to get out of work whether those excuses are warranted is completely up to the individual but becoming one of the greatest doesn't happen very often by finding short cuts.

If you feel they should take more games off thats all good but don't try and use tricks to make it sound like Lebron is all for it when he has publicly been against it if he is not hurt.

AD with the last injury he had obviously makes a ton of sense now to let him sit one or both of the games but it's more so playing with pain then making it any worse with that specific injury.

Also, bringing up the Spurs is not all that valid considering they had a whole history and culture with a deep bench and 4-5 guys who could raise there scoring when others sat. The Lakers were just completely gutted and don't even have a cemented 3rd option this season while also still learning to play together. You have to look at each situation differently.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

^ Hype. I know. But our thoughts and V's thoughts are on different sides of the spectrum. And I dont think either side shifts, which is why I didn't try to rebut. We're at a standstill, so best to just talk AD
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
^ Hype. I know. But our thoughts and V's thoughts are on different sides of the spectrum. And I dont think either side shifts, which is why I didn't try to rebut. We're at a standstill, so best to just talk AD

Yeah, I wasn't going to reply again until I seen the somewhat misquote but you're right we probably should just kind of let it go at this point.

At the end of the day I think we're all happy it was only a minor injury with AD.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Seriously what episode of the twilight zone is this?

Dude was sick, implying an impairment in health. Check

Dude states once a game is played, no matter the minutes, it takes a toll on your body aka health. Check

Dude advocates a shortened NBA calendar aka playing less games. Check

So who’s writing your checks? Silver? Spectrum Sports Net? Mike D’antoni?!

The context of those quotes is player health. And what does load management supposed to do again?

Bron was shelved last year for aggravating a grade 2 groin tear in trying to activate “playoff mode”...so I get why he’s restless to play. But like Kob, these alpha dudes think they can do it all.

(bleep), he can say he wants to play all 48 minutes and all 82 games and run all day...but that doesn’t make it a good bleeping idea!

http://cdn-webimages.wimages.net/052a1d5770953666c7b4a94e9e268a341bde32-v5-wm.jpg?v=3

Oh that’s right...it’s not the Twilight Zone we in. It’s an episode of the Flintstones!

#YabbaDabbaSitYourAssDown

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/InferiorEdibleGentoopenguin-max-1mb.gif
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

It's all good V. This is the twilight zone. No worries.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm good with our big guns tapering down their minutes and taking some games off as we get closer to the postseason. Maybe for the last 25 games or so.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Just crossed over into the Twilight Zone #yabbadabbadoo!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
I'm good with our big guns tapering down their minutes and taking some games off as we get closer to the postseason. Maybe for the last 25 games or so.

That's my desire as well. And hopefully it'll be easier to do so without sacrificing wins once we balance out our roster near the trade deadline.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

That's my desire as well. And hopefully it'll be easier to do so without sacrificing wins once we balance out our roster near the trade deadline.

How do you evaluate and even highlight potential trade pieces and holes in the roster without giving “the others” playing time. I get not playing Dudz...he’s washed. But play Trey, Cook and THT some minutes to see what you got. I even understand not playing THT to hide him from trade bidders, but we know what we got with our duo. We know the restrictions we have with some of our assets (de facto no trade clauses and no ability to trade 1sts this deadline)...so how you going to gain any traction in trade talks without assets?

Due to exploiting our easy early calendar and feasting off weaker teams, we have the ability and flexibility to showcase our other potential assets for a sincere evaluation (ie standing pat or addressing dire needs). Get these dudes in the game and have our stars plant their ass next to asst coach Rondo (who also can’t be traded due to said no-trade clause).

We got under a month folks to “gain” assets we really don’t have at the moment. Play these dudes, otherwise they useless to the greater cause.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

How do you evaluate and even highlight potential trade pieces and holes in the roster without giving “the others” playing time. I get not playing Dudz...he’s washed. But play Trey, Cook and THT some minutes to see what you got. I even understand not playing THT to hide him from trade bidders, but we know what we got with our duo. We know the restrictions we have with some of our assets (de facto no trade clauses and no ability to trade 1sts this deadline)...so how you going to gain any traction in trade talks without assets?

Due to exploiting our easy early calendar and feasting off weaker teams, we have the ability and flexibility to showcase our other potential assets for a sincere evaluation (ie standing pat or addressing dire needs). Get these dudes in the game and have our stars plant their ass next to asst coach Rondo (who also can’t be traded due to said no-trade clause).

We got under a month folks to “gain” assets we really don’t have at the moment. Play these dudes, otherwise they useless to the greater cause.

Do you not already know what you're getting out of Troy and Cook? They're vets who have played on other teams. I would think GMs have enough data to know what to expect from them. For the most part, if they're involved in a trade, it's for salary matching.

The current trade piece is Kuz. And yes, there are guys with "no-trade" protection. Fortunately for us, the roster can be balanced out with potential buy outs and FAs as well.

Twilight Zone...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
epak wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Do you not already know what you're getting out of Troy and Cook? They're vets who have played on other teams. I would think GMs have enough data to know what to expect from them. For the most part, if they're involved in a trade, it's for salary matching.

The current trade piece is Kuz. And yes, there are guys with "no-trade" protection. Fortunately for us, the roster can be balanced out with potential buy outs and FAs as well.

Twilight Zone...

You saw how free agency went with Bron/AD already in the saddle tho. Looks like we have some options, but any legitimate needle pushers is chasing that bag. The reason Collison is the 2nd coming is Bron’s health via playmaking gets some overdo relief.

#YabbaDabbaDoDoDoDoDo
(Insert Bron/AD running mouse pinwheel here)
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://twitter.com/TheLakersReview/status/1215363729522429952/photo/1

Wow, AD 4th most votes behind Lebron, Luka, Giannis. It's good to be a Laker, AD!

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

I wish he could accept playing center 20 mins per game
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

Wow, AD 4th most votes behind Lebron, Luka, Giannis. It's good to be a Laker, AD!

Last year Lakernation boosted his total votes to about 2 and a half million, but before that the most number of total votes he got was only about 1.4 million
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

Last year Lakernation boosted his total votes to about 2 and a half million, but before that the most number of total votes he got was only about 1.4 million

That's it?
Dang. Cannot discount the number of Lakers fans
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
epak wrote:

That's it?
Dang. Cannot discount the number of Lakers fans

The size of our fanbase vs the Pelicans' fan base is so different, it's probably blowing AD's mind lol.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Great post game interview by AD tonight
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Must be for the pain management in his shoulder and backside, but bruh don’t turn the whole team to the green side...y’all saw what happened to Waiters. And if it happens to Boog, snitches get stitches. Unlike that gummie he fed you, leave AD’s name out your mouth.

https://streamable.com/t7lqd
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Last night is the kind of game that shows Anthony Davis what the Lakers are all about. I would be shocked if he doesn't stay with us.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

I screamed as loud as I could when Kobe had his 7 game death march leading up to his achilles tear.
So if any of our players want to rest, let them. Better than the alternative.

But I do remember when the conventional thought was space and pace is healthier for players then the slower, more physical style of play that predated it.
I don't think anybody is making that argument anymore.

Also, Davis is fragile. You'd think he got shot to death when he hurt his tailbone. It's always something with him. He's not durable.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

Just keep him healthy until May...lol.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
I wish he could accept playing center 20 mins per game

That will happen, but it will not be until playoff time. Our roster was built for this!
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

He gets fouled on so many of these lobs and they don't call it:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Last night is the kind of game that shows Anthony Davis what the Lakers are all about. I would be shocked if he doesn't stay with us.

I would too if for no other reason than we can pay him the most. I always assumed that he would stay where he was traded to.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I would too if for no other reason than we can pay him the most. I always assumed that he would stay where he was traded to.

Well it's a good thing we made sure the Pels didn't hand him over to Boston then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 909, 910, 911 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 910 of 1425
Jump to: