Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 912, 913, 914 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject:

He looked good to me in the video but it just depends how bad the bone bruise was and how much pain AD wants to put up with because i'm pretty sure once he does decide to play there will still be at least some lingering pain regardless for quite awhile it will just be less of it.

I'd love to see him play but if he or the team feels more time could help him in the long run im good with it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

The guy hits the hardwood more than anyone, he needs to heal up.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I’ll say it again - AD should have been getting round the clock treatment to get back on the court ASAP instead of spending his time in Green Bay.

It makes you wonder if he has the right mindset to be a leader of a championship game. It makes you wonder if championships are his priority. It makes you wonder how much he is even working on his game - yes, he hasn’t really improved that much year to year.

The great ones are OCD.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
I’ll say it again - AD should have been getting round the clock treatment to get back on the court ASAP instead of spending his time in Green Bay.

It makes you wonder if he has the right mindset to be a leader of a championship game. It makes you wonder if championships are his priority. It makes you wonder how much he is even working on his game - yes, he hasn’t really improved that much year to year.

The great ones are OCD.

I think more than anything, it makes YOU wonder.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Yeah, I don't think anybody else wonders about this.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Word I am hearing is AD will play depending how he feels at pregame workout

If I remember right, he has played every time we heard this?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

We don’t have to wonder about leadership, that has never been his thing. That is why we have Lebron.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

It's a bone bruise though, what exactly could he do to make it heal faster or what is he doing in your mind "round the clock"? I'm genuinely curious.

It's an injury he will simply have to play through pain regardless at some point when he does come back it's just the longer he waits the less it will be obviously but i'm sure there will be lingering pain from it for at least a few months.

You don't become a clear MVP candidate while also being a top DPOY candidate by being lazy and not working on your game though. Be better then that sir.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

It's a bone bruise though, what exactly could he do to make it heal faster or what is he doing in your mind "round the clock"? I'm genuinely curious.

It's an injury he will simply have to play through pain regardless at some point when he does come back it's just the longer he waits the less it will be obviously but i'm sure there will be lingering pain from it for at least a few months.

You don't become a clear MVP candidate while also being a top DPOY candidate by being lazy and not working on your game though. Be better then that sir.

They actually announced that it is not a bone bruise. That was clarified after the initial injury. It’s just a muscular bruise so the recovery time is faster than a bone bruise.

TDRock wrote:
AD - NOT A BONE BRUISE. YAY.

Per Tania G

The significant thing on the AD front is that he does not have a bone bruise, which is what they thought it was last night. With a bone bruise he might have been out for weeks. A muscle bruise, while still painful, has a shorter recovery time.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1214956375823937536?s=21

Per McTen

The Lakers say that the MRI for Davis revealed a gluteus maximus contusion. He will be listed as questionable for the game at Dallas. He will travel.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1214953211129257985?s=21

Get this man a donut pillow!
(edited a couple of times for clarity. Gosh darn iPhone... )
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Davis is such a weenie. He always was known as soft and someone you can punk....kinda like Lebron but Davis is worse.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject:

get this man a donut pillow
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Davis is such a weenie. He always was known as soft and someone you can punk....kinda like Lebron but Davis is worse.

Shame you feel that way. They’ve always had nice things to say about you.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

Icing, heat compress, ultrasounds, massages, rest. Basically he should have been doing anything he could have to get back sooner. Going to GB clearly was not that.

And the optics of flying after a road trip (injured or not) to see a football game in the middle of the season when you have a game the next day is bad.

I follow basketball very closely and can’t remember a star chartering a flight to see another sporting event after a road trip with a day in between games. To make out worse, he took teammates.

( I realize that Lebron went to go see his son play his alma mater, but that id different given it’s him prioritizing his family and Lebron is already a Champ and MVP. We also have people questioning Lebrons commitment to winning) already.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

Icing, heat compress, ultrasounds, massages, rest. Basically he should have been doing anything he could have to get back sooner. Going to GB clearly was not that.

And the optics of flying after a road trip (injured or not) to see a football game in the middle of the season when you have a game the next day is bad.

I follow basketball very closely and can’t remember a star chartering a flight to see another sporting event after a road trip with a day in between games. To make out worse, he took teammates.

( I realize that Lebron went to go see his son play his alma mater, but that id different given it’s him prioritizing his family and Lebron is already a Champ and MVP. We also have people questioning Lebrons commitment to winning) already.

He knew he wasn’t going to play. Going to watch the Packers is a non-issue. The “injury” seems like an excuse to get him some games off. I’m going out on a limb and saying that if it were they playoffs he’d be in the lineup.

We need him healthy in April, not January.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Dont care if he rests, might even prefer it. I would take 8th seed in the West right now if I knew everyone would be 100% healthy.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Davis remind me a lot of Pippen in terms of the intangibles of who he is. Granted Scottie was known for being a complainer who had a trade request it seemed every year starting from 1993/1994. Too bad Lebron is not enough like Jordan or Kobe in terms of just innate toughness
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Dude is fragile, it's a good thing we didn't mortgage our future for him.
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

He knew he wasn’t going to play. Going to watch the Packers is a non-issue. The “injury” seems like an excuse to get him some games off. I’m going out on a limb and saying that if it were they playoffs he’d be in the lineup.

This argument would hold if Davis were to play today I feel. Give him a couple games off to rest..no biggie. But he has had enough rest already and already a couple of days have past since the Magic game. I think he has something minor and not willing to play unless he is 100%.The level of toughness between Davis and Kobe is just miles apart
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I think most of us was ok with Davis taking games off until after the Magic game. But this has gone on long enough. The soft weenie needs to man up
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

A bruised muscle takes up to a few weeks to heal, and the lower back area is extremely important. It's why I said I wouldn't expect to see AD back until at least the Rockets game.

Lucky it wasn't a bone bruise that takes months
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
hype wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The great ones are OCD.

This argument would hold if Davis were to play today I feel. Give him a couple games off to rest..no biggie. But he has had enough rest already and already a couple of days have past since the Magic game. I think he has something minor and not willing to play unless he is 100%.The level of toughness between Davis and Kobe is just miles apart

I’ll trust he and the trainers to decide how many games he can/should take to rest.
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

ad is a beast
everybody knows this

but hes also another 5 letter word
its sorta like well another way to call a cat a kitten
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2019/11/11/milwaukee-bucks-khris-middleton-leg-injury
Middleton missed 3-4 weeks with a thigh bruise.. AD just racks these up but his recover isn’t soft
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I didn't like the fact that he traveled to the Green Bay Packer game just days after his injury. It was bad optics at the very least. Hopefully he'll be ready for the Boston game and all will be forgiven.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2019/11/11/milwaukee-bucks-khris-middleton-leg-injury
Middleton missed 3-4 weeks with a thigh bruise.. AD just racks these up but his recover isn’t soft

I’ll bet Bucks fans called him names on the internet until he came back.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 912, 913, 914 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 913 of 1425
Jump to: