Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 916, 917, 918 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I seriously doubt AD is leaving, why you guys entertain the notion is beyond me lol..

I also don't believe we'll have trouble finding top tier talent to pair with him when Bron exits.

AD is the kind of guy other stars can mesh with. He's not an alpha, and he doesn't have an ego. Not to mention this is LA baby.. I don't anticipate us having a rebuild after Bron is gone.

This is LA baby got us two top FAs in 22 years
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I seriously doubt AD is leaving, why you guys entertain the notion is beyond me lol..

I also don't believe we'll have trouble finding top tier talent to pair with him when Bron exits.

AD is the kind of guy other stars can mesh with. He's not an alpha, and he doesn't have an ego. Not to mention this is LA baby.. I don't anticipate us having a rebuild after Bron is gone.

Dwight Howard is the only super star left the lakers via free agency, and we got 5 championships in 22 years. I thought you said you know basketball? If you are talking about free agent signing, yes, only 2, Shaq and lebron. How many years we really had space to sign any?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Oh we already forgot...

Bron/AD were waiting for someone...anyone to get that 32.7m this past summer. Were there takers among Kawhi, Butler, KD, Ky, Klay, DLo, Vuc, etc?

The 2019 free agent class is just as rich as 2021...the difference is in 2021, we don’t have a max slot to offer unless Bron gifts us one.

You would think free agents would flock here...but they not.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan of skill; and that's the foremost attraction of modern NBA offense, because guards and wings are the main guys....
But even 5 years ago, it was fun watching Aldridge be unstoppable in the midrange, have 40 point games on ISOs.. I think we could use that from AD, I wish he had it in his game... Demarus Cousins flashed more skill and creation.. Towns.. Giannis. Blake is a point forward..
I just don't think our team is particularly fun, from a skill/offense perspective. Bron's handle struggles to beat bigs, he pounds at the top of the key and takes bad 3s... And we've surrounded our 2 main guys, with players who struggle to dribble, make decisions, and shoot, non "basketball players"..

so this is just a "get it done" team to me. somehow, manage to turn all of the clunkiness into a ring. playoff-AD has been a real thing before, and maybe that's when his midrange J will become efficient... but I can't help but want it to be unstoppable, the next level up..from our superstar...

I'm happy we're a legit contender... the playoffs will be fun..and hopefully not frustrating... the season has been cool.. but there isn't a beauty to this team's game that makes me love it. ..just get the job done and I'll love ya.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Oh we already forgot...

Bron/AD were waiting for someone...anyone to get that 32.7m this past summer. Were there takers among Kawhi, Butler, KD, Ky, Klay, DLo, Vuc, etc?

The 2019 free agent class is just as rich as 2021...the difference is in 2021, we don’t have a max slot to offer unless Bron gifts us one.

Wrong.

The Front Office put all of their eggs in a basket which was Kawhi. By the time he made his decision all the tier 1 free agents were already signed.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Oh we already forgot...

Wrong.

The Front Office put all of their eggs in a basket which was Kawhi. By the time he made his decision all the tier 1 free agents were already signed.

I agree that the FO focused on just Kawhi when they should have had more guys up top stooping in everybody’s driveways. Problem is if it’s just Rob and Kurt, we don’t have the man power to post up at every FAs house a hour before the FA moratorium starts.

But let’s say I’m wrong about 2019...what about 2018 when it was Bron’s guys like Cp3 & KD that wasn’t the only ones other than Paula, not trying to grab that 2nd max next to Bron. I’m just saying, we can’t just assume a 2nd max guy is angling to link up with AD in LA, even if Bron gifts that spot by opting out.

Just to make it clear, I’m not enthusiastic about the 2021 plan like I was the 2019 plan.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

FO had a golden opportunity to really put together a better team around AD/LBJ with all that capspace. They should have had better intel.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Wrong as always
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
FO had a golden opportunity to really put together a better team around AD/LBJ with all that capspace. They should have had better intel.

Kawhi played us.. I give them just a little slack because of that.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Kawhi played us.. I give them just a little slack because of that.

Yeah, he is a snake
I think the FO can improve our team during this off season m. It is hard to build a championship team in the first year. I think only Boston did it the first year with their big 3.
Hope lebron can keep his condition up
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Seeing AD live... he took a ton of jumpers, I mean he made them but man, post these foos up
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject:

He is definitely not posting people enough. He should do it more often.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject:

This is a different NBA now. Your big gotta do it all and not just bully ball his way to the cup.

An luckily AD is the best big man in the game who does it all.
Nice to see him get back his groove a little more against the Knicks.

I know it’s only been 2 weeks but I really missed watching AD expose the other teams bigs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Seeing AD live... he took a ton of jumpers, I mean he made them but man, post these foos up

That would be good for some big's, I don't think it's good for Anthony. He's injury prone. Meaning he has to many freak injuries. If he's posting, his past allows he's gonna get hit in the face, scratched in the eye, come down on someones foot, some kind of freak injury. To many dangers, for HIM, under the rim.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

man idk about yall but i cringe every time AD gets tangled up or falls on the floor. Like is this the one? I worry about his knees. Man does he seem fragile or what
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

That would be good for some big's, I don't think it's good for Anthony. He's injury prone. Meaning he gets to many freak injuries. If he's posting, his past allows he's gonna get hit in the face, scratched in the eye, come down on someones foot, some kind of freak injury. To many dangers, for HIM, under the rim.

You're right, Portis was playing, gotta be careful
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
man idk about yall but i cringe every time AD gets tangled up or falls on the floor. Like is this the one? I worry about his knees. Man does he seem fragile or what

I maintain Davis is not fragile he's INJURY PRONE . Look at his injuries. Nothing was broken. If that was the case it would make him fragile. He's stepped on players feet, got poked in the eye, sprained fingers and things of that nature, freak accidents. IMO that makes him injury prone, not fragile.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

I guess falling so often makes him more prone to injuries.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
I'm a fan of skill; and that's the foremost attraction of modern NBA offense, because guards and wings are the main guys....
But even 5 years ago, it was fun watching Aldridge be unstoppable in the midrange, have 40 point games on ISOs.. I think we could use that from AD, I wish he had it in his game... Demarus Cousins flashed more skill and creation.. Towns.. Giannis. Blake is a point forward..
I just don't think our team is particularly fun, from a skill/offense perspective. Bron's handle struggles to beat bigs, he pounds at the top of the key and takes bad 3s... And we've surrounded our 2 main guys, with players who struggle to dribble, make decisions, and shoot, non "basketball players"..

so this is just a "get it done" team to me. somehow, manage to turn all of the clunkiness into a ring. playoff-AD has been a real thing before, and maybe that's when his midrange J will become efficient... but I can't help but want it to be unstoppable, the next level up..from our superstar...

I'm happy we're a legit contender... the playoffs will be fun..and hopefully not frustrating... the season has been cool.. but there isn't a beauty to this team's game that makes me love it. ..just get the job done and I'll love ya.

Well you have to wonder how much having a traditional big man at the 5 out on the floor at almost all times has impacted how we play on offense, though obviously it's come with benefits on defense, which has pretty much been this team's calling card. It's a trade off, but we really need to start looking more at small ball lineups with AD at the 5 in certain situations other than when it's our only option (or hopefully the plan is to unleash this in the playoffs).

Something like AD/Kuz/Green/KCP/Lebron would be interesting to explore, and might help unlock both the team's overall and individual players' offense a bit.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

would be nice if he doesn't rebound like a lopez brother tonight
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
would be nice if he doesn't rebound like a lopez brother tonight

I think he's just keeping his bruised booty safe for now.
Which is understandable.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I wish he was more physical. Joe Harris is neutralizing him in the post the last few possessions.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is a better post player than he is.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I actually think his post game is probably good.. he's just inconsistent in using his physicality, and i think it's often because he's banged up; like his butt really hurts he's not gunna post up any time soon.
His jump-hooks are good, sometimes he dunks people in the hoop... it's just inconsistent and i think it's cuz of injury
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Dwight Howard is the only super star left the lakers via free agency, and we got 5 championships in 22 years. I thought you said you know basketball? If you are talking about free agent signing, yes, only 2, Shaq and lebron. How many years we really had space to sign any?

FA = free agent
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 916, 917, 918 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 917 of 1425
Jump to: