Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 917, 918, 919 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I seriously doubt AD is leaving, why you guys entertain the notion is beyond me lol..

I also don't believe we'll have trouble finding top tier talent to pair with him when Bron exits.

AD is the kind of guy other stars can mesh with. He's not an alpha, and he doesn't have an ego. Not to mention this is LA baby.. I don't anticipate us having a rebuild after Bron is gone.

This is LA baby got us two top FAs in 22 years

Wrong as always

Who were the others?
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I seriously doubt AD is leaving, why you guys entertain the notion is beyond me lol..

I also don't believe we'll have trouble finding top tier talent to pair with him when Bron exits.

AD is the kind of guy other stars can mesh with. He's not an alpha, and he doesn't have an ego. Not to mention this is LA baby.. I don't anticipate us having a rebuild after Bron is gone.

Wrong as always

KCP + Chris Kaman + Vlad Rad + Steve Black

Who were the others?

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Wrong as always

KCP + Chris Kaman + Vlad Rad + Steve Black

Who were the others?

Don't forget Metta.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Significant free agents Lakers signed in my lifetime as a fan

Magic late 80s (lifetime contract from Dr Buss)
Shaq 1996
Payton 2003
Malone 2003
Kobe 2004 (re-signing Kobe was huge)
Artest 2009
Lebron 2018
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Dwight Howard is the only super star left the lakers via free agency, and we got 5 championships in 22 years. I thought you said you know basketball? If you are talking about free agent signing, yes, only 2, Shaq and lebron. How many years we really had space to sign any?

FA = free agent

By your definition, Kobe was a FA too, so Kobe, shaq and lebron are the 3 significant top FA signings. Who has more during the same spun(I did your homework for you, the Miami heat has Lebron, Bosh, and butler, and we all know why the super friends team up)? The dark years were 2013-2018, but other than those 5 years, when did we ever need or have cap space to sign a FA?
Malone /Payton count?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Vegas Baby...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Shaq 1996
Payton 2003
Malone 2003
Artest 2009
Lebron 2018

And shout out to:
Brian Shaw
Rick Fox
Derek Fisher (round 2)
๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ† ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ– #18!!!

Last edited by epic_ on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I just want to say, I wonโ€™t cry if Davis signed a 1+1 then left. Thereโ€™s something magical about the Lakers and their fans. Something magical about the purple and gold. As fans, we ainโ€™t going no where. In it for life.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

I think its more who you have to attract potential FA's. AD is is good enough to attract anyone basically. I am not afraid at all about his extension and future FA. He likes LA, LA likes him. He can make tons of money. Its perfect ground for him and his business. Also its on him to bring some FA also. Its not all on Lakers.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I think its more who you have to attract potential FA's. AD is is good enough to attract anyone basically. I am not afraid at all about his extension and future FA. He likes LA, LA likes him. He can make tons of money. Its perfect ground for him and his business. Also its on him to bring some FA also. Its not all on Lakers.

Based on...?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

DPOY for sure
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Wrong as always

Who were the others?

For clarity, are the 2 you're referring to Luol Deng and Timofey Mozgov?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

The first of many in purp and gold

https://i.imgur.com/8jtv7wr.jpg

Caruso knows. HE STAY!
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Shaq 1996
Payton 2003
Malone 2003
Artest 2009
Lebron 2018

Nagu====
Payton was a washout as was Malone. In my lifetime Michael Thompson and Bob McAdoo, Jabbar and Wilt were big-time signings.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

JM wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Shaq 1996
Payton 2003
Malone 2003
Artest 2009
Lebron 2018

Nagu====
Payton was a washout as was Malone. In my lifetime Michael Thompson and Bob McAdoo, Jabbar and Wilt were big-time signings.

Mychal and McAdoo were such pivotal role players for their championship squads.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

AD was great last night. He was aggressive throughout. I really think Collison would be a perfect PG pairing with him. He can run the PnR while also spacing the floor and creating gravity. AD continues to get doubled by Rondoโ€™s guy.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 pm    Post subject:

AD is shooting a ridiculous 57% from the right corner and 40% from the middle area from 3. He should be taking 4-6 3s per game from those area. Get some easy points instead of going for lobs etc.. those plays are dangerous for regular season
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject:

We need to keep ADs mindset to be aggressive and score. AD has the mid-range and post game. He has the outside game, and of course he has the ability to get on the move and score coming off the ball at the rim.

But he needs that mindset that I am the go to guy #1 scorer on this team, on a consistent basis. In general I find him to be a pretty aggressive player, but come playoffs he has to play with a killer instinct. He does it on D, he has it. On offense he has it in him too, but it's still coming on, sometimes he is not as aggressive as you would like him to be.

Would also help if we can get AD some more help when Lebron sits. Rondo is great at getting him the ball, but not really creating shots for him. If we can get someone else that can come in and get AD some shots it would allow AD to become even more dominant. You see in the Blazer game, after a strong 1st Q, he was somewhat able to be contained. That is because he's a guy you have to set up.

Dame can create for himself as a guard outside. With AD, when he is on like he was in that 1st Q, you have to keep finding ways to get him the ball. That was a game I think AD could have matched Lillard in scoring if we were able to keep going to him. We need some help in this area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:55 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
AD is shooting a ridiculous 57% from the right corner and 40% from the middle area from 3. He should be taking 4-6 3s per game from those area. Get some easy points instead of going for lobs etc.. those plays are dangerous for regular season

If you know that. Other teams know that
Easier said than done
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We need to keep ADs mindset to be aggressive and score. AD has the mid-range and post game. He has the outside game, and of course he has the ability to get on the move and score coming off the ball at the rim.

But he needs that mindset that I am the go to guy #1 scorer on this team, on a consistent basis. In general I find him to be a pretty aggressive player, but come playoffs he has to play with a killer instinct. He does it on D, he has it. On offense he has it in him too, but it's still coming on, sometimes he is not as aggressive as you would like him to be.

Would also help if we can get AD some more help when Lebron sits. Rondo is great at getting him the ball, but not really creating shots for him. If we can get someone else that can come in and get AD some shots it would allow AD to become even more dominant. You see in the Blazer game, after a strong 1st Q, he was somewhat able to be contained. That is because he's a guy you have to set up.

Dame can create for himself as a guard outside. With AD, when he is on like he was in that 1st Q, you have to keep finding ways to get him the ball. That was a game I think AD could have matched Lillard in scoring if we were able to keep going to him. We need some help in this area.

AD Collison PnR as the bread and butter for the second unit would be devastating. They would work so well together because Collison can set his feet and launch a 3 with the best of them, strong midrange game from 10 feet to the three and he can also finish well. He can also get AD the ball in the right spots while spreading the floor. He would do wonders to AD's game especially when Bron is out.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

AD Collison PnR as the bread and butter for the second unit would be devastating. They would work so well together because Collison can set his feet and launch a 3 with the best of them, strong midrange game from 10 feet to the three and he can also finish well. He can also get AD the ball in the right spots while spreading the floor. He would do wonders to AD's game especially when Bron is out.

Collison will mainly create midrange looks, jumpers there (maybe floaters as well for AD) .. He takes 2.5-3 threes a game(in more mins than heโ€™ll probably get w us) so heโ€™s not shooting a lot of 3s
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Seems to be moving a lot better.
Glad the booty is feeling better.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The first of many in purp and gold

https://i.imgur.com/8jtv7wr.jpg

Caruso knows. HE STAY!

Yeah, but heโ€™ll be as useless here as he was in NOLA if we donโ€™t surround him with an elite wing and an elite point guard.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Wrong as always

What is wrong? Name me the other super stars "in their prime." You can go back 40 yrs. Shaq and Bron has been the only mega stars to walk here. This is one aspect of the media bashing of Mitch and Jim that was unfair. They implied super stars came here all the time for West and Dr. Buss, but nobody wants to come for Mitch and Jim. And they always omit to name these imaginary super stars.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Shaq 1996
Payton 2003
Malone 2003
Artest 2009
Lebron 2018

Larry Drew 1990. Magic Johnson's first natural back-up point guard.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 917, 918, 919 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 918 of 1430
Jump to: