Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 925, 926, 927 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:
Those AD numbers against the Celtics really mean nothing. Anyone who watched the game knows he hurt the Lakers AT LEAST as much as he helped them. We could have played without him all game, played Dwight maybe a little more and give AD minutes to Kuzma and we would have done just as well today.

Ahhh hahahahahahahaha!
Best joke of the day

Not joking at all. Kuzma played well. AD isos were killing us all game. Were you watching?

Ahhh hahahahahahahaha.
What's your Twitter handle? I gotta give a follow. Comedy gold.

Why are you commenting? Are you that dense as to how much blown posessions we had with AD today?

You're right.
Without his 32/13 we blow out the Celtics.
You're so smart. Tell me more.

Hey dummy, look at the +/- for the individuals in tonights game. That should tell you the story.

Tell me more.
Yes, brilliant. Without AD we blow out the tics today. We need you as a coach. Hopefully the clippers are looking

Look at this genius....doesnt watch the game and uses total points and rebounds to justify how well a player played. Lets use your stats dumbass. AD shot 40% from the field and had 6 turnovers of the Lakers total 13, much of it from trying to back down midgets in the post that he failed nearly every time. He also had the 3rd worst +/- of all Lakers in the game. You wanna know who had the highest??? KUZMA jackass. Anyone who watched the game knows Kuzma played well on both ends of the floor today - even on defense to the point he wanted to guard Tatum in high leverage situations.

Oh wow. Such wisdom.
Now I get it. Kuzma's impact would have been exponentially felt without AD being there. TIL 1+1=2. Any more tidbits of how we would have won without AD?

Dude look at it this way. Say Lebron misses that fadeway jumper and we lost that game. Who is the first person everyone will be blaming for this loss???? We all know it would be AD
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It brings up the question, do we have AD if Magic had done the right thing and drafted Tatum instead of Lonzo? Would Lebron, Tatum and Ingram make us a better team?

I don't think those pieces would fit but we could easily package Ingram and draft picks for a 3rd star.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
Dude look at it this way. Say Lebron misses that fadeway jumper and we lost that game. Who is the first person everyone will be blaming for this loss???? We all know it would be AD

Look. I said critiquing his game is fair.
But when you say his numbers mean nothing and we would have done as well without him, that's just nonsensical to me.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately when playing the 4 next to a non stretch 5 the only way to get him the ball is with a spot up which he’s so so at or a post up where he turns into a baby deer with his back turned..

I think he’s a clear defensive anchor on a title team but only a third option on o. Losing Ingram is gonna hurt a lot these next few years
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
Unfortunately when playing the 4 next to a non stretch 5 the only way to get him the ball is with a spot up which he’s so so at or a post up where he turns into a baby deer with his back turned..

I think he’s a clear defensive anchor on a title team but only a third option on o. Losing Ingram is gonna hurt a lot these next few years

lol
x75274
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:

But when you say his numbers mean nothing and we would have done as well without him, that's just nonsensical to me.

Dude to me he played badly today. All I am saying is just for today based on how Dwight and Kuz were looking, had Davis sat today, and we relied on Kuz and Dwight more, I dont think we would have lost much today, if anything at all. This has nothing to do with me thinking we are a better team without him than with him because Kuzma is much more often the net negative than AD and AD almost always offers positive value even if his offense is off because of his multi-faceted defensive ability. Today though, that perimeter defense aspect of his great defense was lacking as Tatum was getting whatever he wanted when AD was on him and actually Kuzma was the only who was slowing him down (albeit many times it was with help with the 2nd defender to get the ball out of Tatum's hands). This is why I am saying playing Dwight would have helped had AD sat today. What AD offered in positive value was the boards and interior defense. This is Dwight's specialty and he played well today.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject:

x75274 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Dude to me he played badly today. All I am saying is just for today based on how Dwight and Kuz were looking, had Davis sat today, and we relied on Kuz and Dwight more, I dont think we would have lost much today, if anything at all. This has nothing to do with me thinking we are a better team without him than with him because Kuzma is much more often the net negative than AD and AD almost always offers positive value even if his offense is off because of his multi-faceted defensive ability. Today though, that perimeter defense aspect of his great defense was lacking as Tatum was getting whatever he wanted when AD was on him and actually Kuzma was the only who was slowing him down (albeit many times it was with help with the 2nd defender to get the ball out of Tatum's hands). This is why I am saying playing Dwight would have helped had AD sat today. What AD offered in positive value was the boards and interior defense. This is Dwight's specialty and he played well today.

AD had a bad game, but without him we lose this game period. Stevens had to gameplan against Brow, without him on the court, we lose that threat that kept Boston on their toes 24/7. Rondo and Kuz were solid but I have no idea where that 2nd player scoring would come from besides Bron.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Good stats, but when you watch the game, you know he didn’t have a good game. The Celtics were just pushing him out of his spots with ease. He couldn’t even score on Jaylen Brown who is a 6’7 SG and was able to body up AD.

AD needs to get more physical, the physicalness will only intensify during the playoffs.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Playoff atmosphere tonight. I hope those missed layups and freethrows during the crucial moments don't become a pattern.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Going by Dwight and Javale only playing 28 minutes, AD played 20 mins at center. That's more like the kind of minutes at center he'll see come playoff time imo
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

AD needs to improve his balance and center of gravity in the post against smaller defenders. He usually takes a big stride, gets easily knocked back and then can’t power through smaller defenders.

If Davis was automatic against SFs trying to defend him, the Lakers would win it all.

We will see if Lebron can carry the team as the only true ISO option because Davis really struggles to get a good shot when he is asked to go ISO.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
AD needs to improve his balance and center of gravity in the post against smaller defenders. He usually takes a big stride, gets easily knocked back and then can’t power through smaller defenders.

If Davis was automatic against SFs trying to defend him, the Lakers would win it all.

We will see if Lebron can carry the team as the only true ISO option because Davis really struggles to get a good shot when he is asked to go ISO.

I'm still holding out hope Vogel is saving the PNR for the post-season. It's amazing we got this far being 1st in the west with rarely seeing the Bron to Brow pnr.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Good stats, but when you watch the game, you know he didn’t have a good game. The Celtics were just pushing him out of his spots with ease. He couldn’t even score on Jaylen Brown who is a 6’7 SG and was able to body up AD.

AD needs to get more physical, the physicalness will only intensify during the playoffs.

Yeah, he was getting wrecked down low consistently and looked visibly frustrated and let it heavily affect his game imo. There were also at least 2-3 times where he missed an absolute gimme under the basket and then the Celtics got on a fast break ending it with a 3. Those are 5 point turn arounds.. 3 times, that's 15 points just right there. AD simply can not talk like he did about getting revenge then get dominated on both ends by a Tatum. He also had at least two times in I believe the 2nd quarter? Where he missed a shot under the basket and started sulking or talking to the refs so the Celtics had an advantage and scored both times, once was an offensive rebound which they would not have gotten with Davis back.

The good news is we still found a way to win it and AD found other ways to make an impact late in that fourth so props to him. This has def. been more of a theme then i'd like to see though where against the great teams he looks very uncomfortable. He obviously has the talent and team to turn this around and games like this only help that tremendously because I have no doubt he is pissed off about his own performance and will do what it takes to make those adjustments for the future.

Saying all that, Davis is still an absolute beast and it shows a lot how he could play so poorly at times and still put up big numbers and help pull out a win. These next few weeks are going to be great for both him and the entire team to get them ready for the Playoffs with a bunch of Playoff intensity type of games.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
epic_ wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Never seen a big so soft

He just had 32/13/3/2... He softly grabbed 4 more rebounds than any other player on the court.

He's soft on offense not defense. He wasn't getting any calls to be fair.

I just don't think it's the right term. He was bad in the post vs. the Celtics. Turned the ball over too much, didn't deal well with the double teams and missed some shots he would normally make. That criticism is valid. But I don't see it as soft, he still attacked the paint. He grabbed 6 offensive rebounds. He challenged shots defensively. It seems to me that is fitting the narrative that people want to on him. It would to me be the equivalent of seeing someone spend ludicrous amounts of money overpaying for items at an auction and then calling them a cheapskate.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

Totally agree. Vogel might have to get creative and get him the ball on the move, flash to the post or near the ft line. Or just get him more involved in roll action where he can still use his size advantage.

Cause I agree, he can get pushed off the block too easily and in general doesn’t seem to react well when teams get physical with him.
mj32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Playoff atmosphere tonight. I hope those missed layups and freethrows during the crucial moments don't become a pattern.

Oh yeah. One game is going to become a pattern. Sigh...
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

This is the reason why Rocket play small lineup and Clippers not bothering with acquiring another Center.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject:

Lol AD will only unlock his full potential at the 5. Until he accepts that he will never win in the NBA. His stats won’t matter.

I’d like to see

AD
Morris
Lebron
Green/kcp
Bradley

A lot during the playoffs

ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

We go to him in the post a lot. I've been underwhelmed by his post game all year, not just this game. It too often results in him going to a fade-away or getting swarmed and turning the ball over.
I didn't follow AD before this year - has he always been this shaky in the post? If not, what's the cause? His shoulder injury?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
We go to him in the post a lot. I've been underwhelmed by his post game all year, not just this game. It too often results in him going to a fade-away or getting swarmed and turning the ball over.
I didn't follow AD before this year - has he always been this shaky in the post? If not, what's the cause? His shoulder injury?

He always has been
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:

Look. I said critiquing Rob is fair.

+1

#StayWoke
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
x75274 wrote:

+1

Thanks.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject:

It is a concern that Anthony could not post 6’6” Jaylen Brown and 6’7” Jayson Tatum. They both stayed with his dominant hand and with his spin moves. He needs a counter for that. There is a man named Hakeem Olajuwon that had a counter, coined the dream shake.

Example feat. Lamar Odom
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
It is a concern that Anthony could not post 6’6” Jaylen Brown and 6’7” Jayson Tatum. They both stayed with his dominant hand and with his spin moves. He needs a counter for that. There is a man named Hakeem Olajuwon that had a counter, coined the dream shake.

Example feat. Lamar Odom

Yea, I was getting upset when he was getting stripped.
It almost felt like he was rushing things because he knew the double team was coming.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully it comes with time - he's not a finished product and hasn't played a lot of meaningful basketball up to this point, much like Pau when he got here. Enjoy the journey.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 925, 926, 927 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 926 of 1427
Jump to: