Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 930, 931, 932 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

What is wrong with this guy?
keepitnice
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

^ it's like Embiid ; who has teen scoring games more than he should.. it's the nature of bigman play today. a guy like Towns can just park at the 3pt line when he doesn't wana battle and score all of his buckets in the paint. AD doesn't have the wing game where he can dribble from the 3pt line, do a dribble move and get a layup, he does that less than Kuz... He just doesn't have that many skills to go to, to impose himself... so he floats and has to wait for someone to set him him - needs a PG. doesn't have what Aldrige midrange was; doesn't have Giannis' driving ability , or Embiid's post ability, or Towns 3pt.... tell me how he's supposed to constantly impose himself?
vgamer421
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

It seems to me Davis is an SG in an F/C body.

Whenever he gets the ball in the post, he usually just turns and faces the defender, then dribble dribble and takes a tough midrange shot. And he falls quite a bit after the shot, making it difficult for the rest of our four guys to play defense.

Couldn’t he use his quickness to beat his defender in the post for an easier, higher percentage shot? Maybe even try to draw a foul in the process.

It’s just so annoying to see him unable to impose his will when he’s being guarded by a smaller defender in Celtics and warriors game.

He’s a great shooter, no doubt. Just look at his FT%. But he really needs to practice post moves that will keep his defender guessing. Training with Hakeem in the off season will do wonders for Davis.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject:

vgamer421 wrote:
It seems to me Davis is an SG in an F/C body.

Whenever he gets the ball in the post, he usually just turns and faces the defender, then dribble dribble and takes a tough midrange shot. And he falls quite a bit after the shot, making it difficult for the rest of our four guys to play defense.

Couldn’t he use his quickness to beat his defender in the post for an easier, higher percentage shot? Maybe even try to draw a foul in the process.

It’s just so annoying to see him unable to impose his will when he’s being guarded by a smaller defender in Celtics and warriors game.

He’s a great shooter, no doubt. Just look at his FT%. But he really needs to practice post moves that will keep his defender guessing. Training with Hakeem in the off season will do wonders for Davis.

He has used his speed to get past big Center from time to time. His problem is when he faces smaller defender, he likes to settle for mid range jumpers instead of posting up and working his way into the paint. He can do it but he just doesn’t like physical contacts. He has to use his physical advantage more.

Last edited by lakersfan8 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject:

I love that we got AD
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

I don’t think some of these fans will be happy until AD is putting up 30-12. He’s having an off stretch just like Bron did in January. Bron was still able to play make just like AD is still able to play DPOTY defense. Time to stop nitpicking about the midseason games.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

Still think we need to find easier ways to get AD the ball where he doesn't have to try to ISO post up. The zone offense we run where he flashes to the FT line and just has wide open jumpers or can attack the rim from the center of the defense at the FT line works beautifully, we need to use more of that where he is catching it on the move in scoring position closer to the basket.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Still think we need to find easier ways to get AD the ball where he doesn't have to try to ISO post up. The zone offense we run where he flashes to the FT line and just has wide open jumpers or can attack the rim from the center of the defense at the FT line works beautifully, we need to use more of that where he is catching it on the move in scoring position closer to the basket.

Just need to have a good penetrating guard that can beat his initial def. Last night beat his def missed the layup, but very easy put back for AD.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

KD would have pushed AD down to 7th before this year... I’d say it’s a toss up right now as for who’s better between them.

Is he a superstar? He’s close enough.. Playoffs will let us know if he’s a #1 option caliber player. All the guys above are ball handlers/get their own shot from the perimeter guys; that’s like a prerequisite for being a superstar right now..

I also don’t think rankings are so black and white..
Like 35 nights a year I’d prefer to have Dame; he’s running the team and he’s clutch.
tiers probably should hold more weight than 1 slot number ranking differenciates - Luka and Dame are in AD’s tier. AD is not in Harden’s tier.

Luka who? Doncic?

There isn't a GM in the league who doesn't think that Luka is already significantly better than AD is. I think Luka and Dame (although barely) have already passed him.... Trae Young is coming fast....

He doesn't possess the on-ball skills to ever be anything but a 2a. I firmly believe that if you don't have on-ball skills that alone eliminates you from any "best players in the league" discussions/lists. I think the best way I describe AD is - he's the best off-ball player in the NBA right now.

I think he's better than Embid (also off-ball), but Zion (also off-ball) will be coming real fast.

Let's hope in today's NBA an off-ball 2a is still enough to win it all.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject:

keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

KD would have pushed AD down to 7th before this year... I’d say it’s a toss up right now as for who’s better between them.

Is he a superstar? He’s close enough.. Playoffs will let us know if he’s a #1 option caliber player. All the guys above are ball handlers/get their own shot from the perimeter guys; that’s like a prerequisite for being a superstar right now..

Like 35 nights a year I’d prefer to have Dame; he’s running the team and he’s clutch.
tiers probably should hold more weight than 1 slot number ranking differenciates - Luka and Dame are in AD’s tier. AD is not in Harden’s tier.

U lose credibility when u have steph curry barely played this year in ur top 5
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

For offense, i think one could make an argument that AD is not top 6-7 in value.

Lebron
Giannis
Kawhi
Doncic
Harden
Durant
Curry
Lillard
Trae

But when you factor controlling the glass, man defense, rim protection.
All those things that some of the dudes listed above are horrible at.

I would rate him easily a top 3-5 player in the league.

If you gave AD - Melo, Whiteside, CJ etc. Good coach like Stotts. He would have that team in the playoff 8. He’s got more value than anyone outside of Giannis and Lebron.

We would not even be in the top 6 of the West if we don’t trade for AD. The défense would be Pelicans like, maybe better because of Frank Vogel, but what this does on D is almost all because of what AD does. Unlike prime Howard or current Gobert, AD is both a guy that can give you DPOTy level play but also be a second option. Dwight and Gobert not able to be that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

Davis is the best 2nd option in the game along with Klay.

His game fits a star wing 100% and he can make damage to the point where he is talked about as a top 3 player.

His game was never about iso'ing and posting up.. his frame is not made for that. He is however the best P&R big man in the league and he doesn't have a P&R partner other than Bron. He is still getting it done on both ends... you guys need to appreciate him more.

He enhances your ball handler's game by providing a reliable roller that can finish in traffic, at the FT line or even pop for the occasional 3. Waiters might work with him or I. Thomas.. lets see.

Last edited by scout0_0 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Luka who? Doncic?

There isn't a GM in the league who doesn't think that Luka is already significantly better than AD is. I think Luka and Dame (although barely) have already passed him.... Trae Young is coming fast....

He doesn't possess the on-ball skills to ever be anything but a 2a. I firmly believe that if you don't have on-ball skills that alone eliminates you from any "best players in the league" discussions/lists. I think the best way I describe AD is - he's the best off-ball player in the NBA right now.

I think he's better than Embid (also off-ball), but Zion (also off-ball) will be coming real fast.

Luka is not better than AD. Don't speak on behalf of GMs, you don't know jack what they would say. AD is a DPOTY and Luka is a negative defender. There are two sides of the ball. We haven't even seen Luka in the playoffs yet. AD is the second leading ppg scorer in the playoffs of ALL-TIME (even if it's a small sample size).
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Luka who? Doncic?

Luka is not better than AD. Don't speak on behalf of GMs, you don't know jack what they would say. AD is a DPOTY and Luka is a negative defender. There are two sides of the ball. We haven't even seen Luka in the playoffs yet. AD is the second leading ppg scorer in the playoffs of ALL-TIME (even if it's a small sample size).

Didnt get to watch yesterdays game yet....but I see once again that AD put up like 30 points...the lakers won....all while Bron was out

and....people still think they are so smart continuing to slam AD......as we continue to just win games instead of lose them like we have been doing the past what....5 years?

Christ
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Luka who? Doncic?

i think its safe to say every gm would take Luka over AD if they had to choose between the 2 to start a team
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Luka who? Doncic?

I suppose I hadn't been made aware of the fact that AD goes by the name of Rudy Gobert on weekends (or is it K Leonard?)....so...

Unless AD does actually double as Gobert or Leonard on weekends, AD has never been a DPOTY.

Ohhhh you meant High School?! Then yea....you're right!

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

AD played a good game yesterday and only had to play 25 minutes. Win-win for us

*looks above*

You wouldn't think it though
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

His rebounding has been disappointing this year. All our bigs were in a funk in the first half. A smaller GS team was out rebounding us and getting dunk after dunk. Good to see that they turned it on in the second half.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Plus

Giannis - Ball Dominant
Bron - Ball Dominant
Kawhi - Ball Dominant
Steph - Ball Dominant
Harden - Ball Dominant
KD - Ball Dominant
AD - Needs A Facilitator
Dame - Ball Dominant
Luka - Ball Dominant
Embiid - Needs A Facilitator

If you're going to try to attack a guy who's bad games are
28 and 13
32 and 13
21 and 14
23 and 6 in 25 minutes...and these are all games we agree were not his best.

At least be intellectually honest and acknowledge that he doesn't have the ball in his hands like literally ANYONE else on that list...sheesh.

I get why some fans hate Laker fans.

#BannersOverBillboards
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Plus

Giannis - Ball Dominant
Bron - Ball Dominant
Kawhi - Ball Dominant
Steph - Ball Dominant
Harden - Ball Dominant
KD - Ball Dominant
AD - Needs A Facilitator
Dame - Ball Dominant
Luka - Ball Dominant

28 and 13
32 and 13
21 and 14

At least be intellectually honest and acknowledge that he doesn't have the ball in his hands like literally ANYONE else on that list...sheesh.

steph not ball dominant??
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Game Day - We get a bunch of Laker fans...most of whom are objective.

Off Day - We get the same bunch of keyboard trolls who refuse to admit they are really fans of the other team at staples.

AD contributes to winning as much as any player on our team since Kobe.

BI? - Love him...anyone rather have him than AD?

Zo? - Love him...anyone?

Dame? - probably my favorite non-Laker of all-time...still wouldn't rather have him with Bron than AD (Although I do hope we get him post Bron)...anyone?

When you're off game is 21 and 14 and we still win...yeah sign me up for that dude 8 days a week.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Mamba81 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
keepitnice wrote:
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Kawhi
4. Steph
5.Harden

6. AD or KD
8. Dame
9. Luka

Plus

Giannis - Ball Dominant
Bron - Ball Dominant
Kawhi - Ball Dominant
Steph - Ball Dominant
Harden - Ball Dominant
KD - Ball Dominant
AD - Needs A Facilitator
Dame - Ball Dominant
Luka - Ball Dominant

28 and 13
32 and 13
21 and 14

steph not ball dominant??

Ball Dominant = On Ball

And Steph is a guard, he regularly has the ball in his hands...that is Ball Dominant. I wasn't using the term in the negative sense that most people use it...now that you know that, please proceed with your critique of the intent of my post rather than addressing semantics. Mahalo.

#BannersOverBillboards
keepitnice
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Game Day - We get a bunch of Laker fans...most of whom are objective.

Off Day - We get the same bunch of keyboard trolls who refuse to admit they are really fans of the other team at staples.

AD contributes to winning as much as any player on our team since Kobe.

BI? - Love him...anyone rather have him than AD?

Zo? - Love him...anyone?

Dame? - probably my favorite non-Laker of all-time...still wouldn't rather have him with Bron than AD (Although I do hope we get him post Bron)...anyone?

When you're off game is 21 and 14 and we still win...yeah sign me up for that dude 8 days a week.

I don't get the attitude that comes from a lot of our fans, when I say - AD is not a tier 1 player..but he's a top 6 or 7 player in the league.. top 6 or 7 is disparaging? not an honor enough?
I think top tier ball dominant scorers are more valuable...when AD has lulls scoring or quiet scoring halves (where he scores but it's not really noticed and doesn't make the offense work efficiently in that stretch, although he still gets a bucket or two) - I prefer the player who makes an offense hum and not lull...as well as the player who late in the 4th can just take over by him having the ball wherever and not needing calculated set-ups...
who will argue AD is better than
Giannis
Bron
Steph
Kawhi
Harden
?

AD is just not in that tier of player, and I said he's the next best........ just that Dame and Luka are in his tier....
I think I described 'quiet' scoring nights pretty well, and why I prefer the ball dominant player who can make the offense hum aka 'scoring/orchestrating loudly', if you want to call it that.
AD is the best defensive player in the league. but I'm not sure he's a top 10 offensive player.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

How about this folks...

Top On Ball Players
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Harden
4. Dame
5. Kwahi
6. Luka
7. Tatum (based on how he's being used over the past month)
8. Russ
9. Kyrie
10. Donovan

*Steph & KD not on due to injury

Top Off Ball Players
1. AD
2. Embiid
3. Pascal
4. BI (He should have the ball in his hands more imo like Tatum)
5. Middleton
6. Joker
7. Porky
8. Harrell
9. Vucevic
10. Sabonis

It's no accident that 3 of the 4 teams with serious championship aspirations have a guy on each list.

Lakers (2,1)
Bucks (1,5)
Team that rents out our home (5,8)

Which says 2 things...

1. If you think AD isn't the best big in the league then you have a great green plus dispensary.

2. Nick Nurse is the best HC in the NBA and it's really not close at this point. How do you lose KL and have your team putting up a better record?

#BannersOverBillboards
keepitnice
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
How about this folks...

Top On Ball Players
1. Giannis
2. Bron
3. Harden
4. Dame
5. Kwahi
6. Luka
7. Tatum (based on how he's being used over the past month)
8. Russ
9. Kyrie
10. Donovan

*Steph & KD not on due to injury

Top Off Ball Players
1. AD
2. Embiid
3. Pascal
4. BI (He should have the ball in his hands more imo like Tatum)
5. Middleton
6. Joker
7. Porky
8. Harrell
9. Vucevic
10. Sabonis

It's no accident that 3 of the 4 teams with serious championship aspirations have a guy on each list.

Lakers (2,1)
Bucks (1,5)
Team that rents out our home (5,8)

Which says 2 things...

1. If you think AD isn't the best big in the league then you have a great green plus dispensary.

2. Nick Nurse is the best HC in the NBA and it's really not close at this point. How do you lose KL and have your team putting up a better record?

na it's not that simple.. Tatum(for sure) and Ingram(probably) are better at getting you an ISO bucket than AD aka one of the least efficient midrange shooters and overall jump shooters in the league... I mean, it's just tough to have those two strikes against your offensive game, along with not creating -- in this modern age.. and still want to put him as a tier 1 player.. that's just not realistic to me, that's fandom..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 930, 931, 932 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 931 of 1430
Jump to: