Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
I will bet anyone on here Fisher will be in the HOF. He is not a superstar. Who wants to bet their California area house on this?

If Horry isn't in the HOF, why would Fisher?

Tip: don't bet your California area house on this.

He's putting up his half of the room he's sharing on his end.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
People are putting Gasol and Shaq on the same level. Im done for now, you guys have a good day, be back later.

Well, hopefully you have a California area house to return to.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Lazlow wrote:
People keep advocating to keep the farm and just sign a max free agent this summer like its that easy. Like Westbrook, LMA, Derozan, Paul George (3 of them from Cali) rejecting to come here gives us any confidence that someone is coming.

Who is coming? We all know Klay doesn't want to leave. He is simply using the Lakers as a possibility for a means to ensure he gets the full max. KD is unlikely. Kyrie is VERY unlikely. We have an ok shot at Kawhi.. THATS IT...

Are we really prepared to waste the last of Lebron's years. Being greedy has done nothing but hurt us. Back to back seasons we held on to a complete failure like Ingram because of his supposed ceiling and missed out on MVP candidates. This greedy mentality needs to stop. Trade for AD and figure out the rest later. Period

the team was bad.
free agents rarely go to bad teams.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

We threw the kitchen sink out there and weren’t able to get it done. At least we let the majority of our current team know we don’t want em. Fun times. At least last years team enjoyed playing together.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

People acting like Gasol (at that age) was chopped liver or something.

Also.....Kobe was just a different kind of cat man....there is a reason why he is mentioned in the same breath as Jordan.

I dont know whether to advocate towards or against selling the farm for AD.....these things I do thing

- I dont want to get rid of Zu....who is FINALLY starting to show the promise that we had been waiting for with him

Guys like Kuzma, Ball, Ingram....young...show promise.....WILDLY inconsistant....but.....like I said young.

At the end of the day I would make a fair offer and be done with it....something that does not gut the team to get Davis but show that we actually do want him.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
throwing the entire kitchen sink at a guy who is #2 is a hard pil to swallow.

After 3years of lebron where do we stand? right where pelicans are right now?

Keep Kuzma, he is the alpha AD needs

AD will be like 28 or 29, the thing is we will have a superstar in AD, so it will be easier to add another. This time we didn't have anyone before Lebron came. I think we would be in a good spot.

He is right now a superstar and hasn't won squat. I am not trading all of our young guys for him.

If it's around Ingram + Hart + Wagner + 3 1st round picks then sure.

AD is a big and we need somebody to feed him the ball.

I would trade everyone for him, would like to keep Ball though, But AD and Lebron can do some things. They can probably sign Cousins if they want next season, because he probably doesn't get a max. If they wait it out and strike out in FA this summer, they probably just wasted Lebrons career.

If they can't build around Lebron, I wouldn't expect any free agents coming any time soon.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So say we miss out on the Tier 1 guys, and sign Middleton. You don't think this team can compete (assuming KD leaves the Warriors of course).

Lonzo/Rondo (room)
Middleton/BI/Hart
LBJ
Kuz
Zubac/Tyson (min)

We'd have 5-8m in cap space to add other pieces (Taj, Ariza?).

That's a competitive team that you can have instead of a punt team. If you punt you get dramatically lesser players on 1 year deals.

That's why I think it's possible the move we make is moving BI for capspace. That'll add about $10M to that available cap space to add other pieces.

I doubt that happens this summer. Maybe they do that during the 19-20 season.

Well, I doubt it too. But if you KNOW you're not getting AD right now... you'll get 1 full year to evaluate him.

If you wait, and like per your plan he's coming off the bench, his value is lowered.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
I will bet anyone on here Fisher will be in the HOF. He is not a superstar. Who wants to bet their California area house on this?

If Horry isn't in the HOF, why would Fisher?

Tip: don't bet your California area house on this.

Lol
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Jeanie Buss has veto power..lol

shes not letting Lebron and Rich Paul run the team.

Im sure Lebron and Rich paul telling Magic to only offer

Ingram, Hart, KCP, Zu

then fire Walton, get Marc Jack..we should be good

Zo
Svi for now
Lebron
Kuz
AD
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Still feels like everyone is underestimating how much New Orleans and the league is tired of being bullied into trading their stars to the Lakers. We're already 0-2 on this. The only bit of hope is Dell Demps is the GM.

Demps won’t be making the decision, that likely falls on Mickey Loomis.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
People acting like Gasol (at that age) was chopped liver or something.

Also.....Kobe was just a different kind of cat man....there is a reason why he is mentioned in the same breath as Jordan.

I dont know whether to advocate towards or against selling the farm for AD.....these things I do thing

- I dont want to get rid of Zu....who is FINALLY starting to show the promise that we had been waiting for with him

Guys like Kuzma, Ball, Ingram....young...show promise.....WILDLY inconsistant....but.....like I said young.

At the end of the day I would make a fair offer and be done with it....something that does not gut the team to get Davis but show that we actually do want him.

I was at Pau's first Lakers game against the then-New Jersey Nets.

I can't tell you how amazing it was to see him play.

I'm glad Kobe got help with Gasol/Bynum/Odom. It would have been such a waste to see him wither away with Herculean efforts that only yielded non-playoff success.

Basketball is ultimately a team sport. The more all star level players you have the better chance of success.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
So say we miss out on the Tier 1 guys, and sign Middleton. You don't think this team can compete (assuming KD leaves the Warriors of course).

Lonzo/Rondo (room)
Middleton/BI/Hart
LBJ
Kuz
Zubac/Tyson (min)

That's a competitive team that you can have instead of a punt team. If you punt you get dramatically lesser players on 1 year deals.

That's why I think it's possible the move we make is moving BI for capspace. That'll add about $10M to that available cap space to add other pieces.

Well, I doubt it too. But if you KNOW you're not getting AD right now... you'll get 1 full year to evaluate him.

If you wait, and like per your plan he's coming off the bench, his value is lowered.

Lebron didn't come here to play with Middleton. Give me a break. The jury is out...Magic better get either, KL, KD, AD, Kyrie, or a star of that nature. Otherwise this would be a complete failure and no that team you assembled can't compete for a title.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

Bballguru5000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
With reports of Klay now interested in joining the team IF the Lakers get the brow and IF the Warriors don't pay him the max, which there is a good chance they will not, the f.o. has to go all in on this.

The Warriors will offer him the max

I didn't know you were in the Warriors front office. My bad.

I can read.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

RG73 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Remember the days when players like Kobe didnt need a team full of superstars to make the finals?

Yeah, like when he played with those two scrubs, Shaq and Gasol. Or like when Magic has those scrubs Kareem and Worthy? Or like when Jordan has that useless guy Pippen? Or Bird had McHale & Parish? Or like when Erving had that mediocre Moses Malone?

One time, ever, has a team with only one star won, and that was Hakeem’s first title. It took Drexler to get two. Even Rick Barry has HOFer Wilkes by his side. No one wins alone, nor without multiple stars.

Dirk Nowitzki says hi.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

BlackStarMamba wrote:
yall forget how good our team was. ...with a BAD coach

we were 4th or 5th and blew out GS before Lebron got hurt
we had injuries to Lonzo, Ingram, Mcgee
we had a new roster
we were starting to gel
all with LUKE as coach and poor FT shooting and poor 3 point shooting

look at how Milwaukee is doing with a new coach

imagine this team with a better coach. the possible long term dynasty after GS dwindles is apparent

best offer before deadline should be Ingram, Zu (with AD you dont need Zu), Hart (you can find 10 Josh Harts in the league), KCP + draft picks

In july the offer should be less because other teams unlikely to trade for AD if he states hes not resigning.

This is why we lost out on PG13 - not be cuase we weren't willing to trade for him but because we *seemingly* wouldn't give up anything to get him.

People forget context a lot, we lost PG for multiple reasons and we didn't really have a chance at trading for Kawhi, SAS wasn't going to trade with us. The only reason we lost PG is because we didn't gut the roster for him and it hurt his feelings + we royally pissed off his agent.

If AD was a FA in 2019 instead of 2020 then I would say wait but a year is a long time when we have LeBron. I would be super happy if we keep either Lonzo ( pref ) or Kuz and get AD. If we can have either AD/LBJ/Lonzo or AD/LBJ/Kuz I think we're in a really good spot and it's super worth trading for him now.

If we have to give up everyone then I think it's really worth considering but I think it comes down to what Rich Paul says AD thinks about the situation. We don't want to piss AD off by being greedy with the Pels.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
Remember the days when players like Kobe didnt need a team full of superstars to make the finals?

Yeah, like when he played with those two scrubs, Shaq and Gasol. Or like when Magic has those scrubs Kareem and Worthy? Or like when Jordan has that useless guy Pippen? Or Bird had McHale & Parish? Or like when Erving had that mediocre Moses Malone?

One time, ever, has a team with only one star won, and that was Hakeem’s first title. It took Drexler to get two. Even Rick Barry has HOFer Wilkes by his side. No one wins alone, nor without multiple stars.

Kobe and Gasol is not comparable to Steph, Klay, Durant, Cousins. Or even Lebron, Wade , and Bosh come on man.

Or even Lebron last year when he carried those bums to the finals. Lebron deserves alot of props.

Kobe (HOF)/Gasol (HOF)/Odom (SMOY)/MWP (DPOY) & 60% Bynum was a superteam.

The team from the year before (sans MWP but with Ariza and 50% Bynum) was even better.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

VindicatioN wrote:
RG73 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Dirk Nowitzki says hi.

Pistons say how are ya
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

VindicatioN wrote:
RG73 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Dirk Nowitzki says hi.

But the point is, they are the exception not the rule. Shall we go over the number of teams that won with multiple all stars since 2000?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo/Rondo (room)
Middleton/BI/Hart
LBJ
Kuz
Zubac/Tyson (min)

Lebron didn't come here to play with Middleton. Give me a break. The jury is out...Magic better get either, KL, KD, AD, Kyrie, or a star of that nature. Otherwise this would be a complete failure and no that team you assembled can't compete for a title.

Well, of course, those guys you listed are the backup plan. But if you whiff on those, then, what do you do, say oh we failed and do nothing?

No, you move on and do the best that you can.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
RG73 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Dirk Nowitzki says hi.

There's also a huge difference between star and superstar. Gasol was not, and never was, a superstar. Before he came to LAL he did absolutely nothing, Kobe elevated his game and carried that team with Gasol - who was a borderline all star - and good role players.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Bballguru5000 wrote:
With reports of Klay now interested in joining the team IF the Lakers get the brow and IF the Warriors don't pay him the max, which there is a good chance they will not, the f.o. has to go all in on this.

The Warriors will offer him the max

I didn't know you were in the Warriors front office. My bad.

I can read.

nobody can say this with 100% confidence. They were negotiating previously and the number was much less then max.

this report is strictly to make the warriors pay him the max, nothing else
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

The fact that Lakers are going to go hard for AD rsuggests to me they have zero confidence they will land a star of KD or Kawhi's caliber in the summer. They must be hearing that they don't have a good shot with them. That's why we have no choice but to go all-in right now. Offer the whole farm, and if Pelicans reject us, so be it, we'll wait for summer and see what unfolds.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lonzo/Rondo (room)
Middleton/BI/Hart
LBJ
Kuz
Zubac/Tyson (min)

Well, of course, those guys you listed are the backup plan. But if you whiff on those, then, what do you do, say oh we failed and do nothing?

No, you move on and do the best that you can.

I get you... but my point is this would be a massive disappointment and a waste of Lebron coming here...because there is no title in that group.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
JamezAmp wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

No. That time never existed.

Really had many superstars did the 2009 Lakers have, two thats it. And Gasol is borderline imo.

Guy is a Hall Of Famer

So is Fisher. HOF means very little anymore. There are ball boys in the HOF.;

Fisher is not a HOF'er.
Maybe he gets his jersey retired if he played for the Mavs or Spurs. but he won't sniff HOF stop it.

BTW, I loved Dfisher.
Islandboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Been fairly quiet since noon yesterday. Is something brewing??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 69 of 1430
Jump to: