Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Since 2003, Duncan's highest ppg was 22. the rest 20ppg flat or less. Someone should show that to AD...

Why? Scoring isn't a bad thing, he does it at a high clip on high efficiency while playing All NBA type defense.

this team needs more defense. moar.

While that is true, the pace is much higher that probably equates to a few FGA per game.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
his health is the only thing i'm concerning. i have no doubt on his game.

I think we have a solid rotation of PF/Cs

PF: AD/Kuz/LBJ
C: JAV/Boogie/AD

Hopefully he won't have to grind out 82 games. Maybe play more in the 70 game range.

Our centers didnt play a ton of games last year. If AD only 70, than youre hoping McGee/DeMarcus are fit for the other 12. Same with PF. We need one more pf/c imo. Maybe not a roster spot, maybe just a couple in the Gleague/Two way contract.

Looking at bb reference, AD played 75 games back to back during the 2016-2018 seasons. That seems like a healthy player to me.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
governator wrote:
PauPau wrote:
AD for DPOY! Thanosidies!

Not gonna lie, I think we need him at DPOY level to win the chip, he need to cover the guards penetrations

We probably have enough offense to where he could average 20ppg and just focus on defense -- and it might be most conducive for us to win. Nuggets leading scorers last year was like 20ppg, 18pgg, and 13ppg..... we could comfortably be above that if AD gave us 20..
Unrealistic.. but I'd love to see him focus on D that much. 21ppg, historic defense. Cousins and Kuz are getting buckets too

That's my thinking, especially taking his recent statements about being the best around.
There's a narrative that could be thread in his favour if D is his focus.

If we rise in the defensive metrics its almost certainly going to be attributed to him and for good reason, that combined with his career 'averages' on box stats = a pretty decent claim.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Since 2003, Duncan's highest ppg was 22. the rest 20ppg flat or less. Someone should show that to AD...

Why? Scoring isn't a bad thing, he does it at a high clip on high efficiency while playing All NBA type defense.

this team needs more defense. moar.

Thats a great point. We have enough scorers, DPOY please. Get buckets, but buckets number 2. LeCoast on offense.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Hopefully he won't have to grind out 82 games. Maybe play more in the 70 game range.

Our centers didnt play a ton of games last year. If AD only 70, than youre hoping McGee/DeMarcus are fit for the other 12. Same with PF. We need one more pf/c imo. Maybe not a roster spot, maybe just a couple in the Gleague/Two way contract.

Looking at bb reference, AD played 75 games back to back during the 2016-2018 seasons. That seems like a healthy player to me.

Yes I envision in some games where Boogie would start with Kuz or something when AD is sitting out.

Also Dudley IMO is better at PF now too, and LBJ would be devastating at PF.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject:

Roon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Is Johnathan Williams still on the team? His energy and hustle can help us for at least 12 games. He also has the length and speed to switch onto wings.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Roon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Is Johnathan Williams still on the team? His energy and hustle can help us for at least 12 games. He also has the length and speed to switch onto wings.

He is not.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Roon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

He is not.

Oh well. Good role player but he'd be more of a luxury on this team.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Roon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Yes I envision in some games where Boogie would start with Kuz or something when AD is sitting out.

Also Dudley IMO is better at PF now too, and LBJ would be devastating at PF.

I'm just imagining a scenario where two of AD/DeMarcus/McGee will be out at the same time. We are covered for PF, with Kuz/LeBron/Dudley, but that will also weaken our SF depth.

Cook/Caruso/Rondo/Bradley/Daniels
Green/KCP/Caruso/Bradley?/Kuzma?/Daniels/Cook?
LeBron/Kuzma/Green/Dudley
AD/Lebron/Kuzma/Dudley
AD/Cousins/McGee/LeBron in a pinch?

Our depth is weakest at center, it'd be nice to have another body. Be it Williams or whoever else on a two way. I'm curious of how much time Green will see at SF as well. This is a good team, there's gonna be a struggle for minutes at the guard positions. I guess everywhere for players not name LeBron, AD, or DannyG.

How many players can dress each game day?
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

When can we extend AD? I will feel so much better when we have him locked up for more than 1 year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Vogel says Anthony Davis will ‘dominate’ both ends of the floor, expects him to lead the charge defensively

Lakers head coach Frank Vogel expects Anthony Davis to bring his elite two-way play to Los Angeles.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/7/12/20691331/lakers-news-frank-vogel-anthony-davis-dominante-defensive-offensive-stats-nba-espn-broadcast
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Hard to say who I would rate higher amongst the top tier big man.

Embiid vs AD.

Still I have Embiid over AD....
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:

Embiid vs AD.

I think Lebron next to AD is going to put AD over the top.
I'd flip the script if it was Lebron next to Joel.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
When can we extend AD? I will feel so much better when we have him locked up for more than 1 year.

July
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

July

2020?
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Embiid vs AD.

It's weird.

Embiid if healthy is a guarantee to make the playoffs.

AD on the otherhand is not....
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I really think AD can win MVP this year if he’s healthy
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
epak wrote:
Kobesystem wrote:

Embiid vs AD.

It's weird.

Embiid if healthy is a guarantee to make the playoffs.

AD on the otherhand is not....

In the east? Most definitely.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Davis won’t wear #23 after all.

Quote:
When the Lakers inquired with the league about the jersey change, they were informed the March 15 deadline had past, sources close to the situation told Yahoo Sports. However, the league would have allowed it if the team were able to work it out with Nike, the manufacturer of the jersey, sources said.

But due to production issues and the massive financial hit Nike would have absorbed from the No. 23 James inventory that’s already been produced, Nike could not accommodate the request for this season, sources said.

Out of consideration for fans who already purchased James’ jersey and to avoid distractions for a team competing for a championship, the Lakers star will bypass seeking the number change for this season.

Davis can hit free agency next summer because he holds a player option for the 2020-21 season.

James was expected to switch back to No. 6, which he wore when he was a member of the Miami Heat.

Davis is scheduled to hold his Lakers introductory news conference Saturday.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:
When the Lakers inquired with the league about the jersey change, they were informed the March 15 deadline had past, sources close to the situation told Yahoo Sports. However, the league would have allowed it if the team were able to work it out with Nike, the manufacturer of the jersey, sources said.

But due to production issues and the massive financial hit Nike would have absorbed from the No. 23 James inventory that’s already been produced, Nike could not accommodate the request for this season, sources said.

Out of consideration for fans who already purchased James’ jersey and to avoid distractions for a team competing for a championship, the Lakers star will bypass seeking the number change for this season.

Davis can hit free agency next summer because he holds a player option for the 2020-21 season.

James was expected to switch back to No. 6, which he wore when he was a member of the Miami Heat.

GRRRR.
Welp. Fine.
I wonder what # AD will wear then?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

July

2020?

Why 2020?

Lilliard just signed his extension. Set to be a free agent next year too before the extension.

Would change of team or years of service change the possibility? We need a salary guru.

Nothing would make me happier this season then to see Davis sign a contract extension for 4 years as soon as possible. Don't want the drama of another free agency decision.

Reportedly he said he wants to be a Lake. So be a Laker!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Anthony Davis Update:

One of the most dominant two-way forces in the game will now be suiting up in purple and gold.
Introduction on Saturday @ noon

https://www.nba.com/lakers/new/190706-latest-laker-anthony-davis
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
epak wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

July

2020?

Why 2020?

Lilliard just signed his extension. Set to be a free agent next year too before the extension.

Would change of team or years of service change the possibility? We need a salary guru.

Nothing would make me happier this season then to see Davis sign a contract extension for 4 years as soon as possible. Don't want the drama of another free agency decision.

Reportedly he said he wants to be a Lake. So be a Laker!

I'm your guru!

Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Anthony Davis, who could sign extension with the Lakers this offseason, will play out the 2019-20 season and enter free agency next year, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

3:53 PM - 15 Jun 2019

Quote:
Eric Pincus
@EricPincus

Lakers are better off with AD taking the trade bonus - it makes getting him an extension reasonable and possible - whereas he loses too much in an extension w/o the bonus
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

GRRRR.
Welp. Fine.
I wonder what # AD will wear then?

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Get Kobe to train him as a Laker Jedi and we should be fine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 762, 763, 764 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 763 of 1425
Jump to: