Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 769, 770, 771 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

MVP candidate?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
MVP candidate?

Yes
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
MVP candidate?

Yes

No doubt, finals MVP too
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
MVP candidate?

Yes

No doubt, finals MVP too

Giannis is saying he will be back to back MVP
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Super Mega Team wrote:
On the Giannis note, I don’t think the Bucks lose if it was AD isn’t of Giannis. Leonard wouldn’t be able to stop him like he limited Giannis due to his lack of jumpshot and change of direction skills that Mike keenly noted.

Let some fans here tell he’s (Giannis) a better ball handler than AD
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Would be great to see Davis get both mvps
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yahoo Sources: Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis will remove himself from USA Basketball training camp and FIBA World Cup to focus on championship quest.

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Yahoo Sources: Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis will remove himself from USA Basketball training camp and FIBA World Cup to focus on championship quest.

Wise decision.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Wise decision.

Yeah be well rested for a long season run into June / July
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm liking him more and more.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 am    Post subject:

Happy someone wants todo media tours when they arrive.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

That's great
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Great news

UNLEASH THE BROW
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

'I'm a grown man': Lakers star Anthony Davis has no regrets about trade request

Quote:
After his introductory news conference Saturday, Davis told ESPN that he doesn't wish that he would have waited until the conclusion of the season to ask for a trade from the New Orleans Pelicans.

"I knew I wasn't going to sign an extension and that my time in New Orleans was definitely coming to an end," Davis told ESPN. "And, you know, I see a lot of people that say 'wait' or 'you should have did it this way, that way.'

"But for me, I've been in the league long enough. I'm a grown man. I know what I want. And so I thought doing it at that time was definitely going to be beneficial for myself and for the organization to get the best package available, so that way the organization is still set."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/im-a-grown-man-lakers-star-anthony-davis-has-no-regrets-about-trade-request/ar-AAElX7U?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

AD is our best 1b/2a since Pau, but with the potential to become a 1a. Excited to see what he can do with another star next to him. He's already making all the sacrifices to become a great. When he said he'll take legacy over money, he's showing he really meant it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
AD is our best 1b/2a since Pau, but with the potential to become a 1a. Excited to see what he can do with another star next to him. He's already making all the sacrifices to become a great. When he said he'll take legacy over money, he's showing he really meant it.

And the crazy thing is unlike Pau, AD is the building block for the next Lakers dynasty.

Crazy that AD is only one year older than Caruso.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

And the crazy thing is unlike Pau, AD is the building block for the next Lakers dynasty.

Crazy that AD is only one year older than Caruso.

The reason is that when Pau came, Kobe still had 5 good years left in him. Lebron likely has 2. Those 3 years are huge. It's why I like Rob has his eye on 2021. This is Dr Buss way. One eye on the future, and a team geared to try and win in the present as well. Two mega stars. He always wanted his teams this way. Phil Jackson wrote in his book, and I think we're finally seeing the Lakers being the Lakers again. Doesn't mean a title is guaranteed or for sure coming, but it's nice to know this franchise is back being what it should be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:57 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I don’t think people understand how good AD is he gets 50 with ease. And he’s capable of dominating the perimeter and inside.

This is how I find myself feeling. I don't know how many full games I've actually watched AD play. I know he's a stud and I've seen the stats. But I don't think I'll understand how good he is until I see it every game next season.

I’ve watched a lot and good numbers with not much winning. Part of the problem is that he has had issues staying on the court. Hopefully he can consistently be available.
Shoot Like Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:
I don’t think people understand how good AD is he gets 50 with ease. And he’s capable of dominating the perimeter and inside.

This is how I find myself feeling. I don't know how many full games I've actually watched AD play. I know he's a stud and I've seen the stats. But I don't think I'll understand how good he is until I see it every game next season.

I’ve watched a lot and good numbers with not much winning. Part of the problem is that he has had issues staying on the court. Hopefully he can consistently be available.

If you've watched a lot then you would know he hasn't had good teams.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:

He has had some teams that were good enough to make the playoffs. But as long as we aren’t relying on him to lead us that shouldn’t matter. We have Lebron for that.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

Sorry if I missed it, but did AD ever say or hint at the fact that he would re-sign with the Lakers? I thought that was the deal from the beginning, but the portion of the press conference I watched AD did not commit and basically said, let's talk FA after the season. Please tell me I missed something.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Sorry if I missed it, but did AD ever say or hint at the fact that he would re-sign with the Lakers? I thought that was the deal from the beginning, but the portion of the press conference I watched AD did not commit and basically said, let's talk FA after the season. Please tell me I missed something.

Davis and his agent have been consistent with their comments both before and after the trade: Davis will opt out and enter Free Agency. He has never committed to the Lakers long term or even hinted that he will stay. We can surmise that it's a given considering his relationship with LeBron and the fact that we were essentially his sole focus as a destination post-Pelicans, but we simply won't know for sure until next summer. There's little in it for him to commit verbally. Doing that didn't stop the press from asking Kyrie all year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Loving the attitude. Signs of a great leader. Hopefully, other guys will follow.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Shoot Like Kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Exactly. His starting lineup that day was: Solomon Hill, Omer Asik, E'twaun Moore and Tim Frazier. It's tough for any big man to win with that garbage lineup. Find a star in the league right now who could carry that lineup to wins. Be real.

Look, I agree that we need 70+ games of AD, however, his team was littered with injured players. Jrue Holiday missed a ton of games while with the Pelicans. So did Eric Gordon. AD is elite on offensive and defensive impact. I'm not concerned with what he brings to the table and how it relates to winning.

I won't count his rookie season, but here are the rosters of the Pelicans the 3 seasons they didn't make the playoffs. Pay attention to not just the roster but the missed games of his teammates.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NOP/2016.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NOP/2017.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NOP/2019.html

There was a lot of upheaval on the rosters, besides AD missing games (not to mention the Pelicans essentially sitting AD last season after the trade demand). These rosters are not good. Couple that with many players on the roster missing a ton of games and you're not making the playoffs.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:

Davis and his agent have been consistent with their comments both before and after the trade: Davis will opt out and enter Free Agency. He has never committed to the Lakers long term or even hinted that he will stay. We can surmise that it's a given considering his relationship with LeBron and the fact that we were essentially his sole focus as a destination post-Pelicans, but we simply won't know for sure until next summer. There's little in it for him to commit verbally. Doing that didn't stop the press from asking Kyrie all year.

Thanks. That's what I thought and good lord is that a terrifying thought. If AD bails after this year with two picks and a swap owed to NO, is going to be a big problem. I'll focus on the positive now, but (bleep) that was a ridiculous price to pay for a 1 year rental.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 769, 770, 771 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 770 of 1427
Jump to: