Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 807, 808, 809 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
And I'd imagine that AD's playmaking will only improve under LeBron's tutelage. He'll be learning from one of the greats how he can manipulate double teams and the like even more effectively. That's scary.

And they have shooters around them.

Imagine a lineup where it's Cook/Daniels/Green/LBJ/AD. That's spacing. Gravity. Shooters galore for example.

Last year? It was a given that we could not stretch the floor at all.

I've thought about that very lineup. I don't know how you defend it. Two top 5 players surrounded by bonafide snipers. Oh man.

Honestly you can't.

But the question is how well Cook/Daniels defends on the other end.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
And I'd imagine that AD's playmaking will only improve under LeBron's tutelage. He'll be learning from one of the greats how he can manipulate double teams and the like even more effectively. That's scary.

Imagine a lineup where it's Cook/Daniels/Green/LBJ/AD. That's spacing. Gravity. Shooters galore for example.

I've thought about that very lineup. I don't know how you defend it. Two top 5 players surrounded by bonafide snipers. Oh man.

Honestly you can't.

But the question is how well Cook/Daniels defends on the other end.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:

The only issue I'd have is on the other end.
It will be interesting to see if their offense outweighs their defense in regards to a Daniels and Cook backcourt.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I didn't know which topic to put this in so I thought I'd chuck it in this one.

Apparently the new heights have been released for Howard, AD, and Lebron, and those three are within one inch of one another. That can't be right ... what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/djoeq2/new_heights_for_dwight_ad_and_bron/
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:

It will be interesting to see if their offense outweighs their defense in regards to a Daniels and Cook backcourt.

If Bradley can knock down 3's in the high 30's then you throw him in for one of Daniels or Cook and I think that's even deadlier considering both sides of the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing that lineup for small periods though in the right situations.

I also strongly believe we are going to see a better Lebron defensively this season then the last few (still not as good as he once was but at least not a liability) due to the defensive attitude of the entire team and coaching staff along with him being able to hopefully not worry as much about scoring and be more of a qb which I think he will absolutely excel at with this roster.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
epak wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:

If Bradley can knock down 3's in the high 30's then you throw him in for one of Daniels or Cook and I think that's even deadlier considering both sides of the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing that lineup for small periods though in the right situations.

I also strongly believe we are going to see a better Lebron defensively this season then the last few (still not as good as he once was but at least not a liability) due to the defensive attitude of the entire team and coaching staff along with him being able to hopefully not worry as much about scoring and be more of a qb which I think he will absolutely excel at with this roster.

Absolutely I think LEbrons defense is the one factor people aren’t considering. If he wants to play defense, he is as good as anyone else.

And AD with that, that defensive duo is deadly. I mean AD besides being a rim protector, I saw him guard guys around the perimeter even quick guys and he keeps up with them step for step and if they try to drive him and step back, I see him still block the shot.

Than he can also cover the paint doing switches and still manage to rotate to the perimeter guy. Not sure if big guy can do that in the NBA
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

I love this guy
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
hype wrote:
epak wrote:
Judah wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:

Absolutely I think LEbrons defense is the one factor people aren’t considering. If he wants to play defense, he is as good as anyone else.

And AD with that, that defensive duo is deadly. I mean AD besides being a rim protector, I saw him guard guys around the perimeter even quick guys and he keeps up with them step for step and if they try to drive him and step back, I see him still block the shot.

Than he can also cover the paint doing switches and still manage to rotate to the perimeter guy. Not sure if big guy can do that in the NBA

If LeBron can play elite defense but chooses not to then I just don’t know how any Laker fan can truly root for him. Makes no sense..
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Can’t believe this guy is so dominant tonight and it wasn’t even his good games
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

AD is really good! That's an understatement. But 1 year deal and not signing multiple years. Sort of tells you something. He will go wherever he feels he can win. If Lakers don't win Bye bye AD. And they clearly have holes.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

But AD's shot seems to be off.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Can’t believe this guy is so dominant tonight and it wasn’t even his good games

His jumper hasn't really been falling. Not in preseason, and not in game one. But once that's down, he'll have some of his usual monster games.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I'm concerned about him walking. And about that shot.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

His midrange game is usually murder. Hasn't been there for him so far. I'm confident he'll get it sorted out.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

We are going to face a very difficult choice around the trade deadline...
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

The gameplan with him was lacking today. I don't think he's the kind of guy you just dump the ball to in the post and let him go to work, regardless of matchup. And that type of play is antiquated anyway. Hope they pivot from that ASAP, and come to their senses. You're doing him a disservice by using him like that.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
The gameplan with him was lacking today. I don't think he's the kind of guy you just dump the ball to in the post and let him go to work, regardless of matchup. And that type of play is antiquated anyway. Hope they pivot from that ASAP, and come to their senses. You're doing him a disservice by using him like that.

Yeah, I was wondering why they were just dumping it into him like he was prime Shaq.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject:

The guard skills are somewhat underwhelming so far.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:

Are we trading LeBron for the entire Pelicans team ?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The guard skills are somewhat underwhelming so far.

Chemistry with Lebron, too. Hopefully that comes with time. Seems like they're both still in the feeling out process, and everybody for some reason has it in their head that the best way to utilize him is throw it to him in the post (most of the time with his back to the basket from 10-15 feet out)...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:

Come on with the negativity... it's one game in which other than Green and Dudley, nobody could was hitting shots (Cook, Daniels, KCP), we kept turning it over, we had some bad calls go against us, and we're missing Kuzma.

I agree we have weaknesses but AD, short of us totally missing the playoffs or losing in the 1st round is not leaving. You think he's going to go sign with RJ, Dennis Smith and the Knicks?

He and LeBron played horribly in the 4th and Vogel made some questionable decisions.

We'll be fine enough to keep AD.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

What happened to the lebron and ad pick and roll. It was more like lebron trying to dump it in to AD in traffic.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Soft
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
parsons777 wrote:

Come on with the negativity... it's one game in which other than Green and Dudley, nobody could was hitting shots (Cook, Daniels, KCP), we kept turning it over, we had some bad calls go against us, and we're missing Kuzma.

I agree we have weaknesses but AD, short of us totally missing the playoffs or losing in the 1st round is not leaving. You think he's going to go sign with RJ, Dennis Smith and the Knicks?

He and LeBron played horribly in the 4th and Vogel made some questionable decisions.

We'll be fine enough to keep AD.

It's not as results-based as you think it is. It has to work on the court too. The Lakers have to sell him on playing his prime out with potentially 2 more years of old Lebron and not much else if Lebron re-ups for the big contract in 2021. If we're gonna keep dumping it to him on the block as if he's prime Kobe and having little runts hit him with reckless abandon, he's gonna bounce.

But you know what? I don't care that much. It would be the end of the Lakers if he walks, but he could always sign that big contract and demand a trade halfway. This is the new league. Short deals, weak commitments. I'm just gonna try to enjoy this year and take it year by year.

Last edited by levon on Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
His midrange game is usually murder. Hasn't been there for him so far. I'm confident he'll get it sorted out.

He worked out with Lethal Shooter over the summer tweaking it so he could shoot threes. I’m starting to worry LS broke his shot, because AD usually swishes mid range looks and he’s been off in the preseason and now in game one. Fingers crossed it’s just nerves/rust and he gets his shot back soon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 807, 808, 809 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 808 of 1427
Jump to: