Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10199

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST, my dude. Yes, we let your boy Randle walk, but breathe in that air brother! Feel that in your lungs? We are champions now. The air is so much better up here! It was a rough decade, but we are back!
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 12825

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Oh man going back into this thread June 2019. Was such a great read. You could really tell the folks who knew the impact an all time bigman talent like AD could have with a player like Bron.

Super super fun re-living that time.

Still so appreciative of AD to go all out on the defensive end like he did this season. He really gave 100 percent almost every single game on that end. He was a monster that set the tone on D all season long. Even held Bron accountable.


It's also funny to go back and read posts that disliked this trade and said crazy (bleep) like Paul George or keeping our young players was a better choice.


Pickup P >>>>>>>>> Playoff P

https://streamable.com/gxwjlw

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/jetkli/paul_george_pulled_up_to_a_park_and_bullies_local/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20944

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Oh man going back into this thread June 2019. Was such a great read. You could really tell the folks who knew the impact an all time bigman talent like AD could have with a player like Bron.

Super super fun re-living that time.

Still so appreciative of AD to go all out on the defensive end like he did this season. He really gave 100 percent almost every single game on that end. He was a monster that set the tone on D all season long. Even held Bron accountable.


It's also funny to go back and read posts that disliked this trade and said crazy (bleep) like Paul George or keeping our young players was a better choice.


Pickup P >>>>>>>>> Playoff P

https://streamable.com/gxwjlw

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/jetkli/paul_george_pulled_up_to_a_park_and_bullies_local/


That first shot was a straight up offensive foul on PG. he literally pushed with full force.
_________________
Lakers 2020 To-Do List:
- Resign Morris

KCP/Dennis Schroder
Wes Matthews/Alex Caruso/THT
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10941
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone remember that weird thread that said that "Kobe Has Passed The Torch To Paul George" from a few years ago? Who started that one again?
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20944

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST, my dude. Yes, we let your boy Randle walk, but breathe in that air brother! Feel that in your lungs? We are champions now. The air is so much better up here! It was a rough decade, but we are back!


Also...Randle is trash. Knicks fans hated him from game 1!

Such a shame too. Had so much potential, but never changed as a player from his rookie year. Still the same old, can only use his left hand, bully ball, tries to spin to win, lackluster defense, no jump shot, etc.

If he really refined his game, he could be a nice 6th man for some team. Maybe in a Montrez Harrell kind role.
_________________
Lakers 2020 To-Do List:
- Resign Morris

KCP/Dennis Schroder
Wes Matthews/Alex Caruso/THT
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
la4win
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2010
Posts: 2076

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Had himself full season highlights just in the playoffs
https://youtu.be/QWwm6ulHxa0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10941
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Had himself full season highlights just in the playoffs
https://youtu.be/QWwm6ulHxa0


Hell yeah!
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 6719

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST, my dude. Yes, we let your boy Randle walk, but breathe in that air brother! Feel that in your lungs? We are champions now. The air is so much better up here! It was a rough decade, but we are back!


Also...Randle is trash. Knicks fans hated him from game 1!

Such a shame too. Had so much potential, but never changed as a player from his rookie year. Still the same old, can only use his left hand, bully ball, tries to spin to win, lackluster defense, no jump shot, etc.

If he really refined his game, he could be a nice 6th man for some team. Maybe in a Montrez Harrell kind role.


what you described can also applied to Zion Williamson, bully ball, no reliable jump shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20944

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
MJST, my dude. Yes, we let your boy Randle walk, but breathe in that air brother! Feel that in your lungs? We are champions now. The air is so much better up here! It was a rough decade, but we are back!


Also...Randle is trash. Knicks fans hated him from game 1!

Such a shame too. Had so much potential, but never changed as a player from his rookie year. Still the same old, can only use his left hand, bully ball, tries to spin to win, lackluster defense, no jump shot, etc.

If he really refined his game, he could be a nice 6th man for some team. Maybe in a Montrez Harrell kind role.


what you described can also applied to Zion Williamson, bully ball, no reliable jump shot.


Sure. Just like Zion, except for the whole generational, freak of nature athlete, defense, doesn't have arms like a t-rex, ball handling/play making...

I mean...sure. Besides all that stuff, just like Zion.
_________________
Lakers 2020 To-Do List:
- Resign Morris

KCP/Dennis Schroder
Wes Matthews/Alex Caruso/THT
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10941
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Megaton"]
SGV-Laker fan wrote:


Sure. Just like Zion, except for the whole generational, freak of nature athlete, defense, doesn't have arms like a t-rex, ball handling/play making...

I mean...sure. Besides all that stuff, just like Zion.


LOL yeah comparing Randle to Zion or a young, pre-jumpshot Bron (as some here used to) is just ridiculous. Hell, he's not even in Ben Simmons' league.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11175

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Such a shame too. Had so much potential, but never changed as a player from his rookie year. Still the same old, can only use his left hand, bully ball, tries to spin to win, lackluster defense, no jump shot, etc.

If he really refined his game, he could be a nice 6th man for some team. Maybe in a Montrez Harrell kind role.


Randle averaged 21.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists and followed it up with 19.5 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in the past two seasons. He's better than a guy like Harrell pretty much across the board.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 14977

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Such a shame too. Had so much potential, but never changed as a player from his rookie year. Still the same old, can only use his left hand, bully ball, tries to spin to win, lackluster defense, no jump shot, etc.

If he really refined his game, he could be a nice 6th man for some team. Maybe in a Montrez Harrell kind role.


Randle averaged 21.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists and followed it up with 19.5 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 3.1 assists in the past two seasons. He's better than a guy like Harrell pretty much across the board.


And was on bottom 5 team both years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Posts: 1057
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfU3ltj5t8

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 20944

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfU3ltj5t8



Ugh. So disappointing. I blame Byron Scott and Luke Walton for ruining his development. Same with D’Angelo Russell and partly Ingram.

He needed a better teacher coming into the league to show him basic fundamentals. Not literally the two dumbest coaches in the history of the NBA.
_________________
Lakers 2020 To-Do List:
- Resign Morris

KCP/Dennis Schroder
Wes Matthews/Alex Caruso/THT
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma/Alfonzo McKinnie
Anthony Davis/Markieff Morris
Marc Gasol/Montrez Harrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 16438

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfU3ltj5t8



Ugh. So disappointing. I blame Byron Scott and Luke Walton for ruining his development. Same with D’Angelo Russell and partly Ingram.

He needed a better teacher coming into the league to show him basic fundamentals. Not literally the two dumbest coaches in the history of the NBA.


How’s the new coaching crew... Caruso, THT, Kuzma? I say they been great, all improved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2534

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Receipts?
_________________
💜💛 🏆

FA targets: Dennis, Wes, Trez, Marc, Alfonso, Shaquille Harrison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 25561

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfU3ltj5t8



Ugh. So disappointing. I blame Byron Scott and Luke Walton for ruining his development. Same with D’Angelo Russell and partly Ingram.

He needed a better teacher coming into the league to show him basic fundamentals. Not literally the two dumbest coaches in the history of the NBA.


Yeah, just a terrible developmental history. And then he ends up on the Knicks? Oof. I still believe in his talent. Imagine if he had someone like Handy working with him. If he could do that Lebron spin move, he'd be so much stronger offensively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 11175

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
And was on bottom 5 team both years


There's not many players who can put up those numbers on any team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53937

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:49 am    Post subject:

Randle strikes me as a guy that would have been a lot better had he been around great players and a good coaching staff. Sort of like Lamar Odom. LO eventually figured out his strengths were defense, rebounding, pushing the ball. He didn't look as erratic as time went on.

You look at Dray even, this past year in a rebuild project he looked way way worse than with playing with Curry-Klay etc.

Not saying Randle can be an all-star, but he does have a lot of talent. I do not think he was a bad pick by the Lakers at all at the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 10941
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:07 am    Post subject:

It's only been a few posts, but I'm already tired of reading about Randle on this thread lol. Let's get back to talking about AD and how this guy has been a (bleep) monster in the postseason. Nearly 29 and 11 in 34 career playoff games. Does Giannis have a history of elevating his game in the postseason like this? What other players of AD's generation have done this over multiple playoff runs?
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 16438

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Randle strikes me as a guy that would have been a lot better had he been around great players and a good coaching staff. Sort of like Lamar Odom. LO eventually figured out his strengths were defense, rebounding, pushing the ball. He didn't look as erratic as time went on.

You look at Dray even, this past year in a rebuild project he looked way way worse than with playing with Curry-Klay etc.

Not saying Randle can be an all-star, but he does have a lot of talent. I do not think he was a bad pick by the Lakers at all at the time.


He needs a jumper, his game is actually similar to Giannis except less length/athleticism/quickness/defense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 16438

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
It's only been a few posts, but I'm already tired of reading about Randle on this thread lol. Let's get back to talking about AD and how this guy has been a (bleep) monster in the postseason. Nearly 29 and 11 in 34 career playoff games. Does Giannis have a history of elevating his game in the postseason like this? What other players of AD's generation have done this over multiple playoff runs?


AD hasn't even demand to have the ball, had to have coaching staff told him to shoots (3s at least)... imagine this beast waking up asking for the ball, good luck other teams
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1754

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:16 am    Post subject:

The most exciting development of this Championship run is the fact that AD has not shrunk in the clutch. He has taken and made some big shots in the final minute(s) of the game in these playoffs. AD has proven to be a reliable option when the game is on the line in the closing moments. Definitely not afraid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2010
Posts: 1397

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject:

You'll never forget the moment you became a champion.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1319337724176928771?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 14977

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
And was on bottom 5 team both years


There's not many players who can put up those numbers on any team.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfU3ltj5t8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006  Next
Page 1004 of 1006
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB