Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1004, 1005, 1006 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
You'll never forget the moment you became a champion.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1319337724176928771?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Lebron told him he would cry. AD didn't believe him. I bet he was thinking about that and started to laugh, haha. Love this team!
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
Had himself full season highlights just in the playoffs

Flat out monster.
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Does anyone remember that weird thread that said that "Kobe Has Passed The Torch To Paul George" from a few years ago? Who started that one again?

That didn't age well.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfU3ltj5t8

Just another overblown, overhyped player in LG...like Lonzo, Clarkson, etc. Always thought he was a "bull in a xxxx shop" - I know that's not politically correct, so I apologize, but you know what I mean
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Just another overblown, overhyped player in LG...like Lonzo, Clarkson, etc. Always thought he was a "bull in a xxxx shop" - I know that's not politically correct, so I apologize, but you know what I mean

You’re fine. China shop refers to fancy dinner ware. Has nothing to do with Chinese people.

I think you’re not understanding the statement though. Bull is the actual animal, not bull poop. So for example, Julius Randle is a “Bull in a China shop” because he has no grace about him and always gets 3 offensive fouls per drive to the rim.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Ugh. So disappointing. I blame Byron Scott and Luke Walton for ruining his development. Same with D’Angelo Russell and partly Ingram.

He needed a better teacher coming into the league to show him basic fundamentals. Not literally the two dumbest coaches in the history of the NBA.

Disagree, he been what, 6 years in the league? After 5 offseason, it's on you to learn how to drive and spin without loosing the ball. He's handles are awful.

It's amazing how a one trick pony can be so bad at his only trick. Charge, spin, fumble/striped/bad pass, repeat. And let's not even start with his low BBIQ. Plays completely out of control.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Ugh. So disappointing. I blame Byron Scott and Luke Walton for ruining his development. Same with D’Angelo Russell and partly Ingram.

He needed a better teacher coming into the league to show him basic fundamentals. Not literally the two dumbest coaches in the history of the NBA.

Disagree, he been what, 6 years in the league? After 5 offseason, it's on you to learn how to drive and spin without loosing the ball. He's handles are awful.

It's amazing how a one trick pony can be so bad at his only trick. Charge, spin, fumble/striped/bad pass, repeat. And let's not even start with his low BBIQ. Plays completely out of control.

His hands are an issue and nothing can be done about it. But it's true that his fundamentals are flawed. He always stands so upright when he dribbles. I pointed that out even when he played for us and he's still the same. That's why it's so easy to poke the ball away from him. That is easily fixable.

I'm sure if he entered the league working with Phil Handy he'd be a much better player today. But he's also had multiple offseasons to seek out personal trainers, so he takes some of the blame.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Knicks fans can sure be creative with nicknames.

The Big Apple Turnover for Randle always gets me lol
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:25 am    Post subject:

This still gives me a great feeling.

Best moment of AD's Laker career so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Probably the season's greatest moment. Love it.
And it's amazing to think that, regarding AD, the best is yet to come. He's only scratching the surface.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

And it's amazing to think that, regarding AD, the best is yet to come. He's only scratching the surface.

I'll never get tired of watching that. The shot, him invoking Kobe's name, beating his chest triumphantly yelling, "I'M LIKE THAT!!", the pure joy of the entire Lakers team, the looks of absolute despair on all the Nuggets' faces? Just priceless!!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject:

AD getting antsy!

https://twitter.com/antdavis23/status/1325499110724497408?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
danzag wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I'll never get tired of watching that. The shot, him invoking Kobe's name, beating his chest triumphantly yelling, "I'M LIKE THAT!!", the pure joy of the entire Lakers team, the looks of absolute despair on all the Nuggets' faces? Just priceless!!

You look back at some of the great Lakers like Shaq, Pau, etc. I do not even recall them hitting a shot like that, of that importance against a buzzer in the playoffs. It put him in Bob Horry territory, only his role is to be the dominant big and co-star of the team. What he did with that shot and this title is cement his legacy as a HOF'er, and all time player etc. And that is something truly remarkable that it was such instant gratification. I always felt great about trading for AD, but I had my doubts that we would be able to pull of a title with LBJ's age and the limitation of the Lakers talent on offense. I was thinking 3 years contention most likely. To pull off the title right away and have AD put up the performance he did, man. I don't care how many picks the Lakers gave up and how bad things could be 3-5 years from now. The highs of a championship after a 10 year drought, just incredible.

One thing on another topic, a lot of people want to trade the draft picks, Kuzma etc for vets. I tend to believe the best move is to add more youth. Even if we add more star vets, the formula will always be like Shaq and Kobe with AD/Bron. We added Payton, Malone to them, but never got it done. But we never really replaced Horry, Fox, Shaw with younger role players. Look at how big Caruso was for us. I would strongly suggest that the Lakers invest in draft picks and pick up younger players who can play longterm roles around AD than going all in for a 3rd star. The formula is set for us. We will not be the Warriors, ever. We just don't have the means to have that kind of star power and shooting. But we can be the best defensive team every year AD is in his prime, and we can be a threat to win it all that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1328533247467286530
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

I love it!! Thank you AD. Love his honesty.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Dang he gone

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dang he gone

I don’t have a team, Epic.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I don’t understand why he can’t just say he’s resigning with lakers. It’s basically his choice of contract. There’s nothing to negotiate. True laker fans don’t like hearing all that.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
I don’t understand why he can’t just say he’s resigning with lakers. It’s basically his choice of contract. There’s nothing to negotiate. True laker fans don’t like hearing all that.

It’s just a Klutch principle. Never commit until signature...just what they believe in.

Lakers gave the keys to Klutch, so we have to just accept how they operate.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
textbook wrote:

It’s just a Klutch principle. Never commit until signature...just what they believe in.

Lakers gave the keys to Klutch, so we have to just accept how they operate.

Makes sense from a business standpoint when dealing in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Plus when he said that he had a big smile and was clearly joking around. Him signing back to the Lakers is not even in question though, it will either be a 1+1 or more likely a 2+1 so he ends that same year as Lebron and he will then have reached 10 years in the league allowing him to make a bigger percentage of the cap (35% versus 30 currently I believe).

That contract will be the big question imo, hopefully the Lakers make the right moves and make it easy for AD to not want to go anywhere but that's a longgggg time away to worry about now.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

He can't keep his face straight
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:37 am    Post subject:

AD is trolling hard.....

He must not understand that he will cause a mass hysteria in Laker, with the "glass is always half empty", portion of the Laker fan base.
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

He can't keep his face straight

That's hilarious.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

I am hearing Anthony Davis is waiting before committing to the Lakers.

I think many of us here believe he will resign to the Lakers. It almost seems a given.

Do you guys think maybe he is considering to wait to see what Rondo does and maybe even willing to take a pay cut to keep Rondo.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I am hearing Anthony Davis is waiting before committing to the Lakers.

I think many of us here believe he will resign to the Lakers. It almost seems a given.

Do you guys think maybe he is considering to wait to see what Rondo does and maybe even willing to take a pay cut to keep Rondo.

Not really. Probably just doing his due diligence to see what kind of deal is best for him: 1+1, 2+1 or a 5 year max.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1004, 1005, 1006 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1005 of 1425
Jump to: