This Lakers Era is Over
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:28 am    Post subject: This Lakers Era is Over

The Lebron and AD era is clearly over and I dont see how the Lakers improve the next 5-7 years. We have an incompetent owner in Jeanie, terrible management in Rob Pelinka and the Rambii pair, and a terrible coach. I guess at least we have all our picks after 2025. All thats left for the worst Laker management in 40 years to do is draft Bronny this summer with their first round draft pick.

Any ideas or rumors to dispel that this will be an abysmal next half decade?
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:46 am    Post subject:

Your signature tells you all you need to know about the future
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject:

Lets just hope the Clippers lose. If the Lakers lose, Clippers must also lose. That's the rule.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject:

There are a lot of really good young players. None of which wear our jersey. Plus they are all on either good rosters or have good ownership that will build.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

We can beat anyone when LeBron is clicking. The problem is it appears LeBron can't even LeBron a full game anymore.

It's not like we're the spurs and we can just tank 1 season and guarantee a generational talent. It's going to get painful for a while unless someone wants to join the Lakers like LeBron did.
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

Lebron can’t click for too long in Denver elevated altitude late in games. He can certainly take over in La. And he’s going to do that. No other way to win. Lebron and ad both have to have 40 pt games
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject:

What is this era? Old man Lebron and AD and a bunch of mid rotation guys? With a dunce at coach?
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Lets just hope the Clippers lose. If the Lakers lose, Clippers must also lose. That's the rule.

They have a great shot of winning it all this year unfortunately.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:29 am    Post subject:

Have you guys forgotten how good they've looked towards the end of the regular season and how they mandhandled the Pelicans? Lakers are a still a force. They just don't have a big to deal with Jokic and match Denver's size. Next year, they will find a big and they will demand revenge against Denver.

12 losses in a row? lol...WE DEMAND MORE REMATCHES!!

My (could have been) prediction for this year:

4-3 against Wolves
4-2 against Suns/Clippers
4-1 against Thunder/Mavs
4-0 against Pelicans
0-4 against Nuggets
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:43 am    Post subject:

I wouldn’t mind running it back with AD and LeBron, but my head tells me that we are better off changing things up, this was our best chance with this current cast of core players, the Lakers might regret winning that Pelicans game
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

You guys care way too much about the Clippers. If anything I hope they win so they can shut the (bleep) up with their inferiority complex.

The most important thing is that the Celtics lose. If it's Clippers-Celtics in the Finals (it won't be), I know who I'm cheering for 100%.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:56 am    Post subject:

We have like a whole week of rest before Thursday's game, don't think it's quite over over yet, yeah we probably lose the series now but if it goes 6-7 I doubt anyone is calling for an ends to the Bron-AD era.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

levon wrote:
troy wrote:

You guys care way too much about the Clippers. If anything I hope they win so they can shut the (bleep) up with their inferiority complex.

The most important thing is that the Celtics lose. If it's Clippers-Celtics in the Finals (it won't be), I know who I'm cheering for 100%.

I could careless about Clippers or Celtics really. If the Lakers get eliminated, I would lose all interest in the current season anyways. If anything, I would want to see a Celtics/Clippers finals if it would mean provoking Jeanie to make major changes. I want to see the Lakers do well and she needs to clean house in the front office if that was to happen.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

It ended in 2021.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:10 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
troy wrote:

i would definitely root for Clippers if they face the Celtics in the finals. not just because hating on Celtics is mandatory as a Laker fan, but Clippers winning it all maybe finally lit a fire for the other minority owners (who do have money by the way) to force Buss family out.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: This Lakers Era is Over

DD20045 wrote:
The Lebron and AD era is clearly over and I dont see how the Lakers improve the next 5-7 years. We have an incompetent owner in Jeanie, terrible management in Rob Pelinka and the Rambii pair, and a terrible coach. I guess at least we have all our picks after 2025. All thats left for the worst Laker management in 40 years to do is draft Bronny this summer with their first round draft pick.

Any ideas or rumors to dispel that this will be an abysmal next half decade?

Ideas? Sure, fire Ham and get a competent coach. It’s not clear the era is over as you stated and actually looks like…based on the starters win percentage…the team has a chance to compete for a ship with just one or two tweaks.

The Lakers are consistently out rebounded, getting one look on their missed baskets, and giving up 2nd chance points to the opposition. They have a problem with backcourt defense and giving up too many unforced, careless turnovers. Rebounding and backcourt defense could be addressed with acquiring better back up reserve personnel and the turnovers should be addressed by a better coaching focus. A better coach would also have the Lakers better prepared to start games so they aren’t frequently playing from behind, don’t give up 20 point deficits in quarters, use time outs appropriate to stop runs from the other team, and make appropriate adjustments to counter strategies from the other team.

The doomsday preachers that are saying this era is over are looking over the marginal success of the team without assessing the reasons for mediocrity. A legitimate big body back up C plus a legitimate 3&D guard…with better coaching…looks as if that would propel the Lakers to championship contention.

As an example of potential solutions I would have wanted the GM to trade for Caruso/Drummond using Vincent/JHSfino + picks to get them over the top.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

It's amazing to see how much talent around the league we simply let slip out of our hands for free. Caruso would've helped a ton. Zubac, Brook Lopez. KCP played a key role in our championship. Schroeder. Randle walked for free. We have nothing to show for that talent walking. The asset management has been horrendous. Our roster didn't have to be this thin around Lebron/AD.

At this point I feel we have a better chance of getting lucky in a rebuild then trying to salvage this roster. I wouldn't mind Ham nearly as much as the coach of a young team, so Jeannie can even keep him in that scenario. He's just not a playoff/championship caliber coach. For a rebuild? Have at it.

Jeannie will never hire an established GM, so cleaning house in the front office is a moot point. We've been decent in the draft, though they've been trending in the wrong direction lately. Just sucks that we always seem to miss out on the generational talent in the draft. This Lebron/AD core has run its course. I'm ready for a new direction, free of Klutch contamination.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:26 pm    Post subject:

It's not over until the fat positivity lady sings.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
We can beat anyone when LeBron is clicking. The problem is it appears LeBron can't even LeBron a full game anymore.

It's not like we're the spurs and we can just tank 1 season and guarantee a generational talent. It's going to get painful for a while unless someone wants to join the Lakers like LeBron did.

We need better role players.

The Laker will regret not drafting GG Jackson in the 2nd round.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I wouldn’t mind running it back with AD and LeBron, but my head tells me that we are better off changing things up, this was our best chance with this current cast of core players, the Lakers might regret winning that Pelicans game

"Might?"

The Lakers should have 100% tanked to avoid the Nuggets. I don't care what the optics are on that one, reality is reality, and the reality is that the Nuggets have the Lakers's number, front and back. I think I can safely say that being that the Nuggets have beaten the Lakers 10 times in a row.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had the Nuggets in both games.

This was a combination of bad coaching plus pure choking on everyone other than AD and Bron.

I get AD could have scored more in the second half.

I get that Bron was tired and showing his age.

But it was just pathetic on the part of Rui and AR... and Dlo in the first game.

Plus Dinwiddie, Vincent, and Hayes played like sh*t

I don't want to see Ham next year but they should have won both games.

I'm just annoyed and the only thing good is that maybe they'll start from scratch next season.

Now that I said that, watch them comeback with a miracle recovery and Jeanie sign Ham for ten years.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It ended in 2021.

Took me a while, but VCF is correct on this one.

I gave them last year and this run. The Klutch top clients can’t win a chip.

They will gut the team for Trae Young and set us back 5 years.

I wish it was over, it’s not. In terms of winning Chip yes…but not in terms of being the Klutch bank account and scapegoats for LeGM.
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Robblake wrote:
Lebron can’t click for too long in Denver elevated altitude late in games. He can certainly take over in La. And he’s going to do that. No other way to win. Lebron and ad both have to have 40 pt games
Thats a misnomer no they dont. If Rui and Austin get a rhythm and get involved earlier you can blow out Denver. Rui and Austin need to have targeted offense ran for them to get in a rhythm. Freestyle offense plays to their bad decision making tendencies.
KareemRushForThree
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
It ended in 2021.

You guys are so ungrateful. Last year was a fun playoff run with awesome memories. You realize there have been no back to back champs since the KD Warriors? All the other contenders haven’t accomplished anymore than we have. Denver will this year, but Jokic is a legend.

Boston still hasn’t done (bleep). The clippers have failed epically. Brooklyn never went anywhere. Milwaukee got one title and has been bounced in the first and second round. Philly hasn’t gotten to a conference title. Phoenix? lol!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

"Might?"

The Lakers should have 100% tanked to avoid the Nuggets. I don't care what the optics are on that one, reality is reality, and the reality is that the Nuggets have the Lakers's number, front and back. I think I can safely say that being that the Nuggets have beaten the Lakers 10 times in a row.

Lakers are 1-7 against the Kings the past two years, not much better than against the Nuggets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: