Thankyou to Jeanie Buss for landing Anthony Davis and Lebron!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
It's looking like the lakers future is gone. I have to see the other acquisitions, but if Lakers don't land Kawhi, we are not in a good place for the future. They built a team around a 34 year old superstar and that isn't smart.

It would also be built around a 26 year old superstar....

Yup, and when Bron is off the books in 2022, we'll have a ton of money to reload around a still in-prime AD. Anyone know who the big FAs are that summer?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
It's looking like the lakers future is gone. I have to see the other acquisitions, but if Lakers don't land Kawhi, we are not in a good place for the future. They built a team around a 34 year old superstar and that isn't smart.

It would also be built around a 26 year old superstar....

It's not built around AD. AD is a solid 2 to Lebron. AD has only won 5 playoff games in his career. Taking them to only 1 playoffs appearance and has not remained healthy. We gave up our picks and future young assets. It happens with every team Bron is apart of.....
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
What did Jeanie do? Klutch did all the lifting

Klutch would not be here had Jeanie not changed the tanking culture that had become the norm under Jim.

Not to say she will succeed, but she at least positioned the Lakers to get free agents and trades. We were not going anywhere with a young core that had zero superstar or HOF players. We are not the Sixers who have talent like Embiid and Simmons. We never had anyone of that level, the level where you could build a franchise around them.

Now we have 2, one being a short term guy (LBJ) and the other (AD) being the longterm guy. Say whatever you want about Jeanie's flaws, and she has many. On her watch within 2 years the Lakers have gone from one of the two worst teams in the league, to a serious contender next season.

Wait -- Jeannie took over Jim's job?

The moment Jeanie took over
Her replacements for Jim and Mitch - were brought in specifically to address the main weaknesses of Jim’s regime. Inability to draw stars. Within a year LBJ is a Laker and within 2, AD basically forced a trade to LA. This doesn’t make her a great owner, it just makes her more able to get what she wants. This has been in place for a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
I get that Jeanie has been unfairly criticized, but aren't we supposed to thank people after winning the championship?

Ok, but why were some people giving credit to Mitch and company for the CP3 trade that was killed?

It seems that there was an anti-Mitch sentiment and now for this FO. Since I don't make a dime from either, I have no problem giving credit when it's due.

This FO rolled the dice on AD for 3 pick and 3 kids. We all know it takes most kids years to develop, so this is a win now move. In my case, since I don't know how many more years I have on this planet, I'm game for win now. For some of the younger crowd (and others) I get it, if they want to ride the kids. Personally, I'd love to be around for the next run so I'm game with this move, but that's just me.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

Wow only 2 pages. Eye opener about LG unfortunately and half of these are default "only celebrate rings".

Meanwhile we turn Jim Frickin Buss into lebron AND AD in 2 offseasons. Yes i purposefully leave out Mitch in that comment.

It's like most laker fans wish we were the 76'ers. Let's support the awesome Rockets FO who are about to blow up a 2nd "championship" squad.

I get the want for a buildup. But let's be real. TOR just won a RING because they traded some of their "story" for actual, present and undeniable talent.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Meanwhile around the league, they are cheering like it was the end of the Matrix. How the Pelicans control our draft picks for the next 7 years. How Grif finessed the Lakers. How we might only ha e 23m left of cap space.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Jeanie should be praised. Magic brought Lebron and Klutch. Then she stuck with Pelinka long enough to get the AD deal done. We will finish the deal with a third star and then fire Pelinka for for Phil Jackson or Pat Riley.

And I must say the coaching staff so far is a very good mix of modern and traditional. Vogel, Kidd, Hollins, Simon,etc...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Supposedly Jeanie’s highschool-ness contributed to the haul being so large. She doesn’t know how to operate and make decisions like a professional owner

Quote:
@ballthen
So.... in league circles it is known that Jeanie loves Kuzma. Not likes, not appreciates...LOVES. Like, wants him to retire a Laker and work for the team in 15 years, forever type shi*t.

@ballthen
Knowing this, Griffin has been insisting on him and talking him up from the beginning. Many around the league know Griff had no real interest in him but Griffin knew Jeanie wouldn't sign off on the trade with Kuzma in it. So.. he kept talking him up knowing that Pelinka would

@ballthen
Do almost anything to keep him out because Jeanie would make him go back if he tried to being her a trade with Kuzma in it.

Griff is cold as ice!

https://twitter.com/BallThen/status/1140085669504532481
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Supposedly Jeanie’s highschool-ness contributed to the haul being so large. She doesn’t know how to operate and make decisions like a professional owner

Quote:
@ballthen
So.... in league circles it is known that Jeanie loves Kuzma. Not likes, not appreciates...LOVES. Like, wants him to retire a Laker and work for the team in 15 years, forever type shi*t.

@ballthen
Knowing this, Griffin has been insisting on him and talking him up from the beginning. Many around the league know Griff had no real interest in him but Griffin knew Jeanie wouldn't sign off on the trade with Kuzma in it. So.. he kept talking him up knowing that Pelinka would

@ballthen
Do almost anything to keep him out because Jeanie would make him go back if he tried to being her a trade with Kuzma in it.

Griff is cold as ice!

https://twitter.com/BallThen/status/1140085669504532481

Your not getting AD for Bag of chips. 3-6 unproven kids for a certified all star.

I don't believe the Kuz, BS. I do think that Klutch made it known they wanted AD with the Lakers and the Lakers wanted him, Gif exploited that. Again, you're not getting AD for a small package, once your hand is known.

The Kuz stuff sounds like gossip. I'm sure Kuz is well liked but he would have been part of the package IF NO really wanted him above Zo or BI; howeve, i believe those 2 were a must.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

I actually believe it because of all the “Kuz is their favorite” talk during the negotiations..... It was reported by like 4 people - and Ramona said it was being misreported/overstated.. why is that ?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

If we get Kawhi I'll thank the whole world.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

I ain't thanking anybody until no. 17 is ours.

But how salty do you think Boston fans are going to be when we tie them for the most chips in the league?
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject:

Rich Paul and LeBron are running the Lakers right now and for the foreseeable future. But when I look at the rest of the landscape there, I'm actually ok with that.

We gave up a lot but we kept Kuzma, who was easily the best of our vaunted young guys. Three first round draft picks seems like a lot until you realize that drafting in the NBA right now consists of blind hope attached to glorified high school players. Apart from a lottery pick - and even there it's a crap shoot - a first round draft pick in the NBA ain't necessarily what it used to be.

Jeanie has a lot of work to do and a long way to go to earn back trust as far as this Lakers fan is concerned. The events of the past few years have badly damaged her imo. But I live in hope.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
If we get Kawhi I'll thank the whole world.

That may not even be the plan. The FO may just bring in an appropriate
supporting cast so that we actually have depth.

As of now they have 2 roads to choose from; another star or what I just
mentioned.

Keep in mind LBJ & AD are good for about 50 pts per night. GSW do a
great job of moving the ball but some of those guys are sacrificing their
stats to be there. We'll see what the FO decides but having 2 generational
players on the team is really impressive.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
Wow only 2 pages. Eye opener about LG unfortunately and half of these are default "only celebrate rings".

Meanwhile we turn Jim Frickin Buss into lebron AND AD in 2 offseasons. Yes i purposefully leave out Mitch in that comment.

It's like most laker fans wish we were the 76'ers. Let's support the awesome Rockets FO who are about to blow up a 2nd "championship" squad.

I get the want for a buildup. But let's be real. TOR just won a RING because they traded some of their "story" for actual, present and undeniable talent.

Feelings are getting in their way because some of these players started from us so there is some emotional attachment with that. A lot of people here wants these players to grow here. That’s understandable especially if you believe these guys have great potential . But I only care about results and that is winning it all. (bleep) the feelings. Feelings don’t hang banners in the rafters, great players do. I’m pretty sure some Raptors fans were mad after they traded DeRozan for a one year rental but after winning the ring, the memory becomes distant. Not saying we gonna win it all but we have a great chance . And by Jeanie and Lebron putting us in a great position I thank you guys. Job is not done but damn getting AD at his prime, the franchise changer, who can let that opportunity slip away,
Zillethai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

You mean thank Kobe. He's running the team
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
You mean thank Kobe. He's running the team

I was wondering who was pulling Rob's strings.

At times he almost looks lifelike.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Long live the queen
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

Don’t get it twisted. We got Davis DESPITE Jeanie and her Clown Car.
The Kuzma crush scenario is not only plausible, but very likely. She has such a ridiculous pattern of this crap going back decades.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
The Kuzma crush scenario is not only plausible, but very likely. She has such a ridiculous pattern of this crap going back decades.

So right.
Long live the queen!
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

VocabuLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Thank you, Kurt and Linda Rambis!

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:

There are a million threads about the AD trade where people have communicated their excitement about the trade. I can see why the basic premise of this one -- "admit you're a hater and apologize to Jeannie" -- didn't resonate with too many people.

Also, it's not like Jeanie's personal fingerprints are all over this deal, so it's hard to get worked up singling her out for praise.

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

OP didn't realize.
Jeanie is only allowed to get all the blame and none of the credit.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

thanks for keeping Kuzma.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: