Corona Costco shooting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: Corona Costco shooting

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/us/corona-costco-officer-shooting/index.html

I was in the area when this happened Friday... I find it ridiculous that it appears authorities are quickly writing this off as a off duty cop defending himself.
Yes the guy swung at him while he's holding a kid and is/was complete scum but does that warrant opening fire in a crowded store and hitting 2 others in the process??
And apparently there was an argument before he swung and while I dont know who escalated what I think its a very dangerous gray area where someone with a concealed gun can potentially egg on an altercation and then fire away at the first signs of it getting physical.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Corona Costco shooting

audioaxes wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/16/us/corona-costco-officer-shooting/index.html

I was in the area when this happened Friday... I find it ridiculous that it appears authorities are quickly writing this off as a off duty cop defending himself.
Yes the guy swung at him while he's holding a kid and is/was complete scum but does that warrant opening fire in a crowded store and hitting 2 others in the process??
And apparently there was an argument before he swung and while I dont know who escalated what I think its a very dangerous gray area where someone with a concealed gun can potentially egg on an altercation and then fire away at the first signs of it getting physical.

When I saw two others shot also.. this looks like RAGE.. not Self Defense..
Wal-Mart is gangbanger shopping center not Costco.. So.. why hasn't the police officers identity and police record been posted anywhere...

They haven't even begun defaming the people he shot yet.. Any crack sprinkled on them before he left? I guess they ware waiting to see if the other two family members survive or not?

https://www.coronaca.gov/Home/Components/News/News/4012/17
Quote:
Without provocation, a male unknown to the officer’s family assaulted the officer while the officer was holding his young child. This attack resulted in the officer firing his weapon, striking the male and two of the male's family members. The family members are being treated at local hospitals and are in critical condition.

Quote:
The officer's gun was the only weapon involved in the incident, contrary to earlier reports.

The officers lack of restraint was the weapon used to CRITICALLY INJURE the other two people after murdering their brother or son etc..

*Still holding hope this is not anything more than
1.Cop randomly walking in Costco with child on shoulders?
2. Three men are walking together
3. One man just randomly starts violently attacking the random cop
4. Cop immediately shoots this man in self defense and the two others??
5. Two others ran at cop as soon as he pulled his gun out??
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

apparently the dead person was a special needs man and the two family members were his parents
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
apparently the dead person was a special needs man and the two family members were his parents

^^^Sad (bleep). How the hell?

Color or significant size differences?

You can see special needs fairly easily. If significant size differences then fear might take him over but this just sounds effing horrible
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

Man killed in Corona Costco shooting was a ‘gentle giant,’ cousin says
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

They should give the cop a death sentence. No excuse for firing a live weapon multiple times in a (bleep) grocery store, killing one unarmed person, and critically injuring his unarmed parents as well. No more leniency for cops. They aren't above the law.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

No reason for off duty cops to be allowed to concealed carry.

My guess is he was easy to provoke knowing he had the ace card with the concealed carry weapon.

A fistfight turns into a deadly shooting, check in the weapons at the end of shift.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
No reason for off duty cops to be allowed to concealed carry.

My guess is he was easy to provoke knowing he had the ace card with the concealed carry weapon.

A fistfight turns into a deadly shooting, check in the weapons at the end of shift.

Pretty much this.

Doesn't this fall under the stand your ground law, which California does not have? You shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone for a non life threatening altercation.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Are firearms even allowed in Costcos?
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I am pro 2nd amendment but this was clearly a case of misused force. The off duty officer could have easily just drawn his weapon, retreated four or five paces, and that would have been enough to calm the situation once the weapon was brandished.

If this goes to trial I will not be surprised if the camera footage shows excessive force, at which point the defense will come up with a PTSD/ occupational stress related defense and the cop will walk.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Are firearms even allowed in Costcos?

Costco is a gun free zone.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

This just seem unbelievable. From what it appears to be, the cop was trigger happy. I can see the first shot at the first victim the son, but shooting two elderly couple to go with that? Seems excessive.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
I am pro 2nd amendment but this was clearly a case of misused force. The off duty officer could have easily just drawn his weapon, retreated four or five paces, and that would have been enough to calm the situation once the weapon was brandished.

If this goes to trial I will not be surprised if the camera footage shows excessive force, at which point the defense will come up with a PTSD/ occupational stress related defense and the cop will walk.

That happened to a trigger happy copy w/ anger issues who killed a 14 yr old while on duty without being in danger. It was detailed on Real Sports in Oct. The cop had a number of red flags before he finally killed someone and 2 weeks prior, he got into a fender bender and immediately stormed out of the car with his gun pointed at the young woman driving the other car. He wound up getting 15 years. In that case, he was a former military and was overreacting to things that didn't require the use of deadly force and/or the drawing of a weapon.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Costco shooting: LAPD officer was knocked out by attacker before opening fire, attorney says

LINK

Quote:
The attorney, David Winslow, said the officer was getting a food sample for his son when he was attacked and briefly knocked out.

“He was shopping with his wife and 1½-year-old at Costco. His son was was in his arms and he was feeding his son some samples when within seconds he was on the ground and woke up from being unconscious and he was fighting for his life,” Winslow said in an interview with The Times.

@LakerLanny It's optional for off duty officers to carry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

There’s security video of the incident. Eventually it will become public. If it really went down the way he claims, it will show it.

It’s going to have to be pretty compelling video to justify why the cop put two innocent people in the ICU. “I got stunned by a punch, so I just stared firing off shots in a crowded area” is not a great defense for anyone, especially not an off duty cop.

Something isn’t right here.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I’m sorry, I’ll wait for the footage to be corrected, but on the surface it already sounds bogus.

If you get KO’d you’re not even gonna know where you’re at less long have the wherewithal to draw a weapon and fire it accurately.

He might have gotten hit, but knocked out is a bikram stretch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:00 am    Post subject:

If this ends up being bogus, hopefully Costco brings a lawsuit to the police department.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject:

Gunman dead, 2 injured in 2nd California Costco shooting in 2 days

https://news.yahoo.com/gunman-dead-2-injured-second-003610097.html
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject:

Woman Found Dead After Dogs Attack in Bakersfield Costco Parking Lot
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Bakersfield-Dog-Attack-Costco-Woman-Killed-511424962.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Woman Found Dead After Dogs Attack in Bakersfield Costco Parking Lot
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Bakersfield-Dog-Attack-Costco-Woman-Killed-511424962.html

Quote:
A large mixed breed dog and a pit bull were found by animal control officers with a business owner nearby, and the third was said to be a stray, KGET reported. All three were taken into animal control custody and were to be euthanized.

If the business owner owned the dogs will charges be brought against her/him. If so what will the charges be?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

is this gun control issue?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
is this gun control issue?

kept reading yesterday

If there was not a gun involved this woul have been a small fist fight and life goes on for everyone

Not some (bleep) psycho trying to murder 3 people
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

I'll wait until all information available is presented before condemning or acquitting a possibly dazed and disoriented officer. Some rush to judgment because the shooter is a policeman. Why not wait and see?

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'll wait until all information available is presented before condemning or acquitting a possibly dazed and disoriented officer. Some rush to judgment because the shooter is a policeman. Why not wait and see?

because his lack of training and fear do not trump the fact he discharged a firearm to stop a fist fight in a crowded shopping store with many customers in it

AND hit what I will bet were two very innocent bystanders

Was his reaction justified no matter who he was.. Spray and pray is not in the manual
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:

because his lack of training and fear
do not trump the fact he discharged a firearm to stop a fist fight in a crowded shopping store with many customers in it

AND hit what I will bet were two very innocent bystanders

Was his reaction justified no matter who he was.. Spray and pray is not in the manual

Blot him being a police officer. Isn't that discounting the possibility of him being disorientated? No amount of training can prepare a person if disorientated.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: