Corona Costco shooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

I believe a person's Heart will stop them from shooting 3 people

Fine kill your attacker. I highly doubt a "citizen" would be let go free and not arrested after shooting 3 people

Officer is getting highly preferential treatment that is s for sure

He should definitely never be a police officer again. Be disoriented in a different profession if you have no self control with a firearm

No weapon until strenuous stress testing is done on his mind and his psychology

He is a greater danger to society than the mentally challenged individual he killed
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Quote:

Your heart is not in play if you're disoriented.
Quote:
Fine kill your attacker. I highly doubt a "citizen" would be let go free and not arrested after shooting 3 people

You're still on the shooter being a policeman. Blot that. Allow him to be just a human.
Quote:

He most likely will receive preferential treatment. I don't condone that.
Quote:
He should definitely never be a police officer again. Be disoriented in a different profession if you have no self control with a firearm

Again you've rushed to judgment. What if the video exonerates him? What then. You say a different profession would exact different acceptance or no.
Quote:

OK
Quote:
He is a greater danger to society than the mentally challenged individual he killed

That's your opinion not validated by fact. A rush to judgment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Quote:

Your heart is not in play if you're disoriented.
Quote:

You're still on the shooter being a policeman. Blot that. Allow him to be just a human.
Quote:

He most likely will receive preferential treatment. I don't condone that.
Quote:

Again you've rushed to judgment. What if the video exonerates him? What then.

Whether he is an officer or not, the shooter's own story demonstrates negligence. That's not a rush to judgement based on him being a cop. It's a statement based on the shooter's own account. If he was truly knocked unconscious, then discharging a weapon while disoriented is clearly negligent, civilian or otherwise.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Whether he is an officer or not, the shooter's own story demonstrates negligence. That's not a rush to judgement based on him being a cop. It's a statement based on the shooter's own account. If he was truly knocked unconscious, then discharging a weapon while disoriented is clearly negligent, civilian or otherwise.

What was his story? Does it take disorientation into account?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Have you not read the thread - especially your own post? He says he was knocked unconscious during the attack. When one is knocked unconscious, one doesn't immediately come to with 100% of their faculties. They are dazed and disoriented and in no position to be discharging a firearm - police officer or not.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Have you not read the thread - especially your own post? He says he was knocked unconscious during the attack. When one is knocked unconscious, one doesn't immediately come to with 100% of their faculties. They are dazed and disoriented and in no position to be discharging a firearm - police officer or not.

I thought the story was that he was holding his child too. Did the child fall to the floor too?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Yes I've read the thread. I read in some post a rush to judgment.

Have you come to a conclusion as to the state of mind of the officer?

I'm not expert on the bold. I can only conjecture. Unless you have something to validate the bold I'm going to take that as your opinion.

Are you taking into account survival reflex? You're hit knocked into oblivion. You regain your senses blurred. What would your reaction be? I don't know. Maybe you have enough recall to draw and fire your weapon.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
is this gun control issue?

kept reading yesterday

If there was not a gun involved this woul have been a small fist fight and life goes on for everyone

Not some (bleep) psycho trying to murder 3 people

exactly
if youre inside a costco do you really think some guy is going to beat you to death while everyone looks on? And its not like this is some frail old lady... as a police officer he has the training and physical capabilities of defending himself.
Im not the most physically imposing guy around and have traded blows before in an altercation before and didnt feel like my life was ever in danger.

And even if he put all shots on target those bullets could have went right through the attacker and struck an innocent bystander.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject:

just got back to thread

I can remove his profession if we at least set ourselves on the fact

He is a Certified CCW permit holder who has obviously taken training for use of said gun

I will give him his 111% full fight or flight mode with zero consciousness

If he wants to go that route he will need to be locked in a white room immediately.. To tell us he had no conscious ability to choose not to

Murder the attacker and ruthlessly gun down the MOTHER AND FATHER

Even if his child already hit the ground... Murdering three people because you are angry is probably not legal

His "unconsciousness" is probably his defense for his anger of blacking out in a rage and attempting to murder 3 people
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I don't know the man or his history. I don't know his unconscious to conscious state of mind. I won't offer right or wrong on his action. I'm going to let the investigation complete before I render an opinion.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I think you are holding back judgement because the guy IS A Cop

If you give him the moment of 110% mental derangement

What went wrong in his brain to turn it homicidal?

Was it because they were brown people? Thought the kind innocent parents were wearing a bomb belt

Why did he shoot the parents?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I think you are holding back judgement because the guy IS A Cop

I respect your opinion but have to say you're wrong. I'm holding back because I don't know his state of mind on regaining consciousness.
Quote:
If you give him the moment of 110% mental derangement

I can't give him a moment in a area I'm not qualified to offer an opinion. I don't know his mental state. Any opinion would be speculation.
Quote:
What went wrong in his brain to turn it homicidal?

What makes you think something went wrong? You've appointed yourself judge, jury and executioner without having all available evidence.
Quote:
Was it because they were brown people? Thought the kind innocent parents were wearing a bomb belt

The pictures I saw were of White people. I didn't see a bomb belt.
Quote:

I don't know. I don't have any idea of the trajectory or where the parents were in relation to it.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Yes I've read the thread. I read in some post a rush to judgment.

Did you even read the contents of the post you posted in regards to what the officer says occurred?

Quote:
Have you come to a conclusion as to the state of mind of the officer?

I'm not expert on the bold. I can only conjecture. Unless you have something to validate the bold I'm going to take that as your opinion.

Dude, come on. I've seen you routinely commenting on boxing and collision sports. You know full well what happens when someone gets knocked out or has their bell rung. So save the obtuse nonsense.

Quote:
Are you taking into account survival reflex? You're hit knocked into oblivion. You regain your senses blurred. What would your reaction be? I don't know. Maybe you have enough recall to draw and fire your weapon.

Exactly. The man says he was knocked unconscious, so for several seconds at minimum he was completely helpless and yet he only received minor injuries and his son was unharmed. So clearly there was no imminent deadly threat that required deadly force - and certainly not to the extent that firing multiple rounds and causing critical injuries to two innocent bystanders. Especially when you don't have the cognitive abilities to make sound judgements.

"Survival reflex" is not an excuse for clearly negligent actions. He clearly (bleep) up.

I get it. Your son is an LAPD officer. But this clearly isn't a matter of a "rush to judgement" against an officer. It's just common sense and reason.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Quote:

I don't know. I don't have any idea of the trajectory or where the parents were in relation to it.

Well, it's quite obvious where they were. IN THE LINE OF FIRE! Which is exactly the point. He indiscriminately utilized deadly force.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

And just to add, this is another example of why the "good guy with a gun" argument is BS.

A "good guy with gun" killed an unarmed man and put his parents in the ICU.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yeah, if your senses are blurred, I don't think you can just shoot and not see what you're shooting at.

Especially he fired at least 3 bullets that hit 3 different people.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:51 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:
Dude, come on. I've seen you routinely commenting on boxing and collision sports. You know full well what happens when someone gets knocked out or has their bell rung. So save the obtuse nonsense.

In those comments have you ever seen me give an opinion on persons state of mind was when they regained consciousness? I don't think so. You say you know full what happens when someone get knocked out. I do they're rendered into a unconscious state. The obtuse nonsense is you telling me what I know.
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly. The man says he was knocked unconscious, so for several seconds at minimum he was completely helpless and yet he only received minor injuries and his son was unharmed.
That's a possibility. Getting knocked out doesn't mean you have to receive major injuries.
Quote:
So clearly there was no imminent deadly threat that required deadly force - and certainly not to the extent that firing multiple rounds and causing critical injuries to two innocent bystanders.
Never said there was imminent deadly threat. My reasons for his firing his weapon was survival reflex.
Quote:
Especially when you don't have the cognitive abilities to make sound judgements.
That goes to my point of mental state. If we're going to assign a state I claim survival mode. You opened by saying I know full well what happens when someone gets their bell rung. I don't, obviously you do, so you validate my position.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

In those comments have you ever seen me give an opinion on persons state of mind was when they regained consciousness? I don't think so. You say you know full what happens when someone get knocked out. I do they're rendered into a unconscious state. The obtuse nonsense is you telling me what I know.
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly. The man says he was knocked unconscious, so for several seconds at minimum he was completely helpless and yet he only received minor injuries and his son was unharmed.
That's a possibility. Getting knocked out doesn't mean you have to receive major injuries.
Quote:
So clearly there was no imminent deadly threat that required deadly force - and certainly not to the extent that firing multiple rounds and causing critical injuries to two innocent bystanders.
Never said there was imminent deadly threat. My reasons for his firing his weapon was survival reflex.
Quote:
Especially when you don't have the cognitive abilities to make sound judgements.
That goes to my point of mental state. If we're going to assign a state I claim survival mode. You opened by saying I know full well what happens when someone gets their bell rung. I don't, obviously you do, so your point is moot.

Dude, you are being ridiculous. Everyone knows that if you have been knocked out, you don't instantly return to 100% consciousness and clarity.

And obviously if he was knocked out, he didn't need to go into "survival mode" when he arose from his unconsciousness, because while he was knocked out, nothing bad happened to him or his child. If he had been in a situation where "survival" was a necessity, that wouldn't be the case. The imminent threat to his life would have continued to try and kill him while he was unconscious - yet that clearly didn't happen.

No matter how you cut it, this guy screwed up big time and someone is dead and the dead guy's parents were brutally injured and that clearly did not need to happen.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That goes to my point of mental state. If we're going to assign a state I claim survival mode. You opened by saying I know full well what happens when someone gets their bell rung. I don't, obviously you do, so your point is moot.

Quote:

Dude, you are being ridiculous. Everyone knows that if you have been knocked out, you don't instantly return to 100% consciousness and clarity.

Something I said at the onset. Your consciousness is blurred.
Quote:
And obviously if he was knocked out, he didn't need to go into "survival mode" when he arose from his unconsciousness, because while he was knocked out, nothing bad happened to him or his child.
As I offered, reflex survival. I don't know what he recalled upon regaining consciousness. He may have remember being hit and went reflex. Auto pilot parenting skills. Protect your child.
Quote:
If he had been in a situation where "survival" was a necessity, that wouldn't be the case.
Didn't say it was necessary, offered it may have been reflex.
Quote:
The imminent threat to his life would have continued to try and kill him while he was unconscious - yet that clearly didn't happen.
Never said there was any imminent threat to his life, you did.
Quote:
No matter how you cut it, this guy screwed up big time and someone is dead and the dead guy's parents were brutally injured and that clearly did not need to happen.
You say he screwed up, maybe. I don't know and won't render an opinion until all available facts are presented. About the parents I have sympathy. Until I see something to validate different, I'll offer their being shot may be a accident.

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

I've made it known before
Electing Schwarzenegger as President of Fitness Council was a bad move. Huh?

Our culture doesn't value individual human lives as much as it should

What about that Black cop who shot the Aussie woman. His state of mind may have been
Startled into a deep fight or flight of tragic fear that she was going to assault him.

Tamir Rice. Wasn't that the scary child on a playground who was shot before he even was spoken to
I'm sure those homicidal maniacs had no other choice

Can you think of a state of mind in which his actions were acceptable.
He killed a Forest Gump and his mother and father could be dead soon. They sure the (bleep) can't take of their dying Mother now

The family moved from Canada to care for the grandma in America so a trigger happy police officer could kill them all before grandma dies
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Well, it's quite obvious where they were. IN THE LINE OF FIRE!
Yes that's obvious. I was answering the question Why did he shoot the parents?
Quote:
Which is exactly the point. He indiscriminately utilized deadly force.
I stand with reflex. His first memory may have been being hit from behind in which case his reaction may have been instinctive.

I don't believe it was indiscriminate. To be indiscriminate one would have to have control of his faculties, which you say one can't have when first regaining consciousness.

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't know the man or his history. I don't know his unconscious to conscious state of mind. I won't offer right or wrong on his action. I'm going to let the investigation complete before I render an opinion.

but these investigations are almost always a joke when they are investigating one of their own
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

but these investigations are almost always a joke when they are investigating one of their own

Key phrase almost always

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, if your senses are blurred, I don't think you can just shoot and not see what you're shooting at.

Especially he fired at least 3 bullets that hit 3 different people.

That sounds like some damn good well trained precision shooting to me
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Police officers have free reign to gun down anyone in this country, whether they are in uniform or not. This guy will get a slap on the wrist at the worst. The cop who gunned down the guy in his own apartment when she was off duty, she'll get a slap on the wrist as well. Rinse and repeat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: