Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Agreed Alex is a great get for a non-drafted guy. THT seems like he may become a rotation player as well, but I will wait until I see him in regular minutes.

We definitely need to keep looking for players like this. Hopefully some wing projects - as we could use a guy that does what Danny Green does, only a little more athletic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
THT is still 19! That's the same age as some people getting drafted right now. I think he would go first round easily in this year's draft.

If we can continue grooming AC/THT as our future guards, I like it. AC is already in our rotation and finishing games, but that tandem could be an awesome young core to grow (though AC isn't exactly young either ).

He was a top 20 prospect in last year's draft.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

He can be Dion waiter
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Agreed Alex is a great get for a non-drafted guy. THT seems like he may become a rotation player as well, but I will wait until I see him in regular minutes.

We definitely need to keep looking for players like this. Hopefully some wing projects - as we could use a guy that does what Danny Green does, only a little more athletic.

If you find your Fisher/Horry/Fox level guys through guys like AC/THT, then you've done a great job finding and cultivating talent. AC is on his way there. THT I feel will get there. He's 19 and showing a ton of skill, though his athleticism is most lagging.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

good game, let the kid grow...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
THT is still 19! That's the same age as some people getting drafted right now. I think he would go first round easily in this year's draft.

If we can continue grooming AC/THT as our future guards, I like it. AC is already in our rotation and finishing games, but that tandem could be an awesome young core to grow (though AC isn't exactly young either ).

For sure. Not sure why he dropped so far down. I thought he was going in the 1st round.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For sure. Not sure why he dropped so far down. I thought he was going in the 1st round.

What excites me about him, is when I see his 7-1 wingspan and his strength, I think this guy can become an effective defender if he works on it, especially with Vogel as his coach.

But as to why he fell, based on when I have seen him play, I would say the following flaws:

1) Position less, role less. Neither really a point, or purely off ball sniper.
2) Not really a combo guard that is explosive and score on you, showing elite shot creating skills for his age-draft class.
3) No significant athleticism advantage

He has size advantage, I can see the power come with good offseason training regime. I can see someone that can become a very effective defender. But when teams draft in the top 15-20, they are probably looking for more on offense, for guy that really has not shown he has a natural NBA position. He fits in the Lakers well, because we have Bron, and AD. We need guards like Caruso, THT etc because we rely heavily on Bron. And we also have Rondo. But most teams are looking for a specific niche role, such as a development into a starting PG, a starting off guard sniper, a combo guard 6th man like Eric Gordon. THT does not strike me as becoming any of those guys easily, and the best bet is probably the 6th man combo guard, but his shot creating skills are not very good right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

I believe THT will carve himself into an above average starter, elite role player in this league. Watched a lot of his G league games. He's in the Sam Cassell/Jrue Holiday tier of guards. Not the same game but the same caliber of player who can hold their own in almost any matchup. Not a star but a guy who stars don't look forward to playing against.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Teams didn't know what to do with him from his tape. Misjudged him and his archetype.

That doesn't mean he couldn't play.

I'm just happy he was put in the *correct* position to play, especially early on.

Just a wing. Not PG.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject:

I think one of the places he can grow the most is moving off the ball. Thankfully he has some other young guys who move well without the ball to learn that skill from. He has some really great role player vets to learn around too, he still is so young, imagine this guy by the time he is 22 what kind of player he can be.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject:

I liked how confident he was out there, probably took 1 or 2 shots that might have been better to pass on, but it was hard to blame him. He was playing in rhythm and trying to press the advantage.

No clue how good he'll be long term, but he handled himself very well in the minutes he was given. Hopefully we can see a bit more of him in Game 5
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Juan Hernangomez
Dragan Bender
Harry Giles
Josh Jackson
Konchar
Jordan McLauglin

Young guys I would target
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Juan Hernangomez
Dragan Bender
Harry Giles
Josh Jackson
Konchar
Jordan McLauglin

If LAL is smart, they'll get Konchar on a longer term contract.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Juan Hernangomez
Dragan Bender
Harry Giles
Josh Jackson
Konchar
Jordan McLauglin

If LAL is smart, they'll get Konchar on a longer term contract.

Never seen him but I can go with your assessment.

I like Josh Jackson though. I feel like he’s a good project that will thrive in a better environment especially with veterans around him that he could look up to and listened.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I have extremely high hopes for THT. People already trying to put a ceiling on him is crazy to me. He's only 19. Who knows how great he can be. People don't think he is explosive but he is. He reminds me of Deron Williams. He also has an element of D-Wade to his game. All these boys from chicago have that certain play style to them. His potential on defense is also endless with his wingspan to go along with the fact that hes built like an Ox. Just another draft steal for the Lakers
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I have extremely high hopes for THT. People already trying to put a ceiling on him is crazy to me. He's only 19. Who knows how great he can be. People don't think he is explosive but he is. He reminds me of Deron Williams. He also has an element of D-Wade to his game. All these boys from chicago have that certain play style to them. His potential on defense is also endless with his wingspan to go along with the fact that hes built like an Ox. Just another draft steal for the Lakers

THT's all round game and physical advantages has me extremely excited about his future. I strongly believe those who only see him as a future rotation player are selling him very, very short.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought he had an injury and couldn't work out. He was also out of shape, which likely scared a lot of teams.
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Crazy thing is THT is going to be a RFA already in 2021 at age 20, which will be the same offseason the Lakers will have max cap space. But, figure with him being with Klutch, he'll be a Laker for a while. Already has a ton of raw tools and talent, as I see him being a rotation player next season and will see if he can become a starter and potentially more in the future.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Inverse wrote:

THT's all round game and physical advantages has me extremely excited about his future. I strongly believe those who only see him as a future rotation player are selling him very, very short.

The key for THT will be his jumper. He can develop a consistent 3 point shot and an off the dribble jumper, he will be a star. He has the craftiness to get anywhere he wants on the floor and the body to create space to get good looks.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I was impressed by his play and demeanor. Didn’t feel like a rookie or the moment was too big for him.

I wouldn’t get too attached though. All this hopeful enthusiasm will go away for most when the season ends and trade scenarios start getting tossed around.

Eyes will glaze over with thoughts of how that aging PG or 3and D Wing will fit on the roster better the only potential. THT likely becomes the sweetener in a trade instead of a impact rotational player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I was impressed by his play and demeanor. Didn’t feel like a rookie or the moment was a ok big for him.

I wouldn’t get too attached though. All this hopeful enthusiasm will go away for most when the season ends and trade scenarios start getting tossed around.

Eyes will glaze over with thoughts of how that aging PG or 3and D Wing will fit on the roster better the only potential. THT likely becomes the sweetener in a trade instead of a impact rotational player.

He’s part of KLUTCH. Doubt he gets thrown in wantonly. If he does it will he for a really good player.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject:

What was the Houston lineup when THT was playing?

Vogel saw something since this was the first playing time that THT had had in the post season.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I was impressed by his play and demeanor. Didn’t feel like a rookie or the moment was too big for him.

I mean, the Lakers were linked to having interest in trading for Oladipo a couple of weeks ago. I'd say THT is worth moving to get him. But if Rob could somehow make that happen without losing THT, somebody call the cops because that's a Robbery.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:52 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
What was the Houston lineup when THT was playing?

Vogel saw something since this was the first playing time that THT had had in the post season.

I don't recall.
But was that usually when coach puts in JR or Waiters in the past games for short minutes? And since they played like booty. Why not try the kid?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

I love this kid on the Lakers since day 1. There’s so much to like about his game....

but not sure where all this Hall of Fame type talk is coming from. We had so many 19 year olds come by the last 5 years, and none of them got this type of love. Randle, DLO, BI, and Ball.

Either way, hope he cracks the rotation as early as next season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 52 of 202
Jump to: