Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Good game today, especially on defense. That's what Vogel wants to see, 3 steals was it?

Fantastic D, and what got me super excited was a lost art in the NBA and definitely not something all guards do - even Laker guards. A bounce entry post entry pass. His elite length allows him to be such a good post entry passer. I really like tonights game much more than the 33 point game, because he played winning basketball around stars on a championshp level team. That is really cool from a 20 year old.

Spot up 3s.
Post entry passing.
Challenging SFs on D.
Blocking shots.
Some quick layups.

A lot of good quick decisions. I wonder if we can keep him as a secret weapon that we unleash later in the playoffs, sort of like how we used Caruso more and more as the season wore on. His defensive skills really really excite me. He switched on to many positions, with ease.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

THT hasn't gotten as many minutes this season, as I thought he would. Despite his words before the season, Vogel has tended to go with the vets, over THT. With Caruso, and KCP out, hoping to see more THT. Maybe even McKinnie, as well.

I like THT's basket attacks. He's going to have to realize that the calls he was getting in the preseason, are not going to be there in the regular season. He hasn't earned those calls, in the refs eyes. His defense has been solid, and his shot looks good. All he needs now is experience.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
drae wrote:
Good game today, especially on defense. That's what Vogel wants to see, 3 steals was it?

Fantastic D, and what got me super excited was a lost art in the NBA and definitely not something all guards do - even Laker guards. A bounce entry post entry pass. His elite length allows him to be such a good post entry passer. I really like tonights game much more than the 33 point game, because he played winning basketball around stars on a championshp level team. That is really cool from a 20 year old.

Spot up 3s.
Post entry passing.
Challenging SFs on D.
Blocking shots.
Some quick layups.

A lot of good quick decisions. I wonder if we can keep him as a secret weapon that we unleash later in the playoffs, sort of like how we used Caruso more and more as the season wore on. His defensive skills really really excite me. He switched on to many positions, with ease.

Night after being benched, basically, this is good to see. Vogel making clear that if you want to be on the court, you better play good D.
THT has a lot of learning to do.. but.. man.. what a ridiculous prospect for #46.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

December THT highlights
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
THT hasn't gotten as many minutes this season, as I thought he would. Despite his words before the season, Vogel has tended to go with the vets, over THT. With Caruso, and KCP out, hoping to see more THT. Maybe even McKinnie, as well.

I think Vogel is trying to instill good habits in him. If you follow when he has come out of games it has usually been immediately after making a bad play. Forcing a drive, getting lost on defense, etc. I think he wants to make him earn his minutes and not allow him to get into bad habits that might develop if the team were relying on his minutes. That's been my impression of it at least. And if that's the case I'd think we might see him playing more minutes later in the season. He seems to have a route to that with Matthews' play having been a bit more erratic than expected.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

I think Vogel is trying to instill good habits in him. If you follow when he has come out of games it has usually been immediately after making a bad play. Forcing a drive, getting lost on defense, etc. I think he wants to make him earn his minutes and not allow him to get into bad habits that might develop if the team were relying on his minutes. That's been my impression of it at least. And if that's the case I'd think we might see him playing more minutes later in the season. He seems to have a route to that with Matthews' play having been a bit more erratic than expected.

LakerFilmRoom Pete called Vogel's handling of THT the 'eat your vegetables' way xD. That because THT has always been the best ball handler for his team there's noticeable gaps in his development. That Vogel is trying to instil in him good defensive habits and off ball play, and that if THT grows like that this year he becomes an even more all round player and threat
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
That because THT has always been the best ball handler for his team there's noticeable gaps in his development.

You mean since Iowa St.?

No he hasn't.

That's Weiler-Babb and Haliburton.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LakerFilmRoom Pete called Vogel's handling of THT the 'eat your vegetables' way xD.

I missed that. But I agree I think it's good to do it now rather than trying to do it later. It's tough to undo bad habits.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB1cq7Ar?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

I hope he stays in the long term along with Caruso. Having three home grown guys here (Kuz, Caruso, and THT) for at least the next two years is good to have.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

“Perhaps more impressively, when defended by Horton-Tucker, the Spurs shot just 1-10 (10%), according to NBA.com’s tracking data, the lowest percentage allowed by any Laker, and while such stats — and one-game sample sizes of defensive rating — aren’t perfect, the Lakers were also by far at their best defensively with Horton-Tucker in the game on Friday.”

Nice return from a benching.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
“Perhaps more impressively, when defended by Horton-Tucker, the Spurs shot just 1-10 (10%), according to NBA.com’s tracking data, the lowest percentage allowed by any Laker, and while such stats — and one-game sample sizes of defensive rating — aren’t perfect, the Lakers were also by far at their best defensively with Horton-Tucker in the game on Friday.”

Nice return from a benching.

That wingspan is probably deceptive for teams getting their first look at THT in the game.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

Yep, that wingspan and those quick hands. My amusement comes from seeing the reactions of the opposing player like Kwahi. They're completely caught off guard because of the distance those long arms make up. They have no idea his reach is thattttttt long, but it is .

I can already see the updated scouting reports making their way around the league right now.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

Just a couple years ago I was despondent, dealing with:

Randall running over people like a bull in a China shop and under-perform,
D'Angelo being childish and under-perform,
Lonzo can't shoot and under-perform,
Mozgov and Deng WT* is the deal here LOL

Now we have good players coming out of our ears. How time has changed and I'm forever thankful for GOAT coming to town.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:

Now we have good players coming out of our ears. How time has changed and I'm forever thankful for GOAT coming to town.

Who’s Randall?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
cannga11 wrote:

Who’s Randall?

Tony. Odd Couple. Underrated performer.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
cannga11 wrote:

Who’s Randall?

Tony. Odd Couple. Underrated performer.

Now I'm going to have a certain song stuck in my head all night.

By Mennen

By Mennen
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

THT is rushing his attempts at the rim. Do not know why, he has elite length and can just shoot over people.

These minutes are great for him, his development. A year from now, he will know exactly what is his role and what he needs to do, things that he is figuring out now. Then work on those skills in the summer.

I do love how he knows how to post entry pass or make a bounce entry pass. Just for that alone, I love the kid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THT is rushing his attempts at the rim. Do not know why, he has elite length and can just shoot over people.

These minutes are great for him, his development. A year from now, he will know exactly what is his role and what he needs to do, things that he is figuring out now. Then work on those skills in the summer.

I do love how he knows how to post entry pass or make a bounce entry pass. Just for that alone, I love the kid.

I think him rushing his shot is a combination of youthful inexperience, and teams scouting him. Also, he's been asked to play a different role, than the preseason. He's playing much less time, and is more off ball. It's going to take some time to get his feet under him, to find his comfort level. As long as he's willing to work on his game, and improve, he'll be fine.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I think him rushing his shot is a combination of youthful inexperience, and teams scouting him. Also, he's been asked to play a different role, than the preseason. He's playing much less time, and is more off ball. It's going to take some time to get his feet under him, to find his comfort level. As long as he's willing to work on his game, and improve, he'll be fine.

Yup, Lakers are in a great position where they do not have to play him heavy minutes and possibly develop bad habits like many young lottery level talent players end up doing especially defensively.

He's still getting some invaluable experience while having all-time great players and elite coaching along with Handy guide him along the way. Most teams don't have this luxury.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

THT held his own on a veteran lineup of LBJ, Matthews, Gasol, and Kieff in the 4th.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

This offseason he needs to develop that left hand.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

THT was a -22 for the game.

Not good at all.

He's not forcing it as much as he had been and is looking for his teammates more and that's a good thing.

I absolutely loved his effort getting back and trying to make the block on the play where he got posterized, but the effort was tremendous.

Still has a lot to work on but the tools are there.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
THT was a -22 for the game.

Not good at all.

He's not forcing it as much as he had been and is looking for his teammates more and that's a good thing.

I absolutely loved his effort getting back and trying to make the block on the play where he got posterized, but the effort was tremendous.

Still has a lot to work on but the tools are there.

His -22 isn't all him.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yup, Lakers are in a great position where they do not have to play him heavy minutes and possibly develop bad habits like many young lottery level talent players end up doing especially defensively.

He's still getting some invaluable experience while having all-time great players and elite coaching along with Handy guide him along the way. Most teams don't have this luxury.

I liked the way Vogel has been managing him. I agree that if he learn to play properly and be fundamentally sound defensively, his offense will come along.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 101 of 202
Jump to: