Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Wonder what he did to get no run tonight.

0/3 from 3 last game or Matthews coming back meant catch up
Minutes.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Artesties wrote:

Minutes.

Uncle Frank wants to keep him hungry.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Artesties wrote:

Minutes.

Uncle Frank wants to keep him hungry.

This.. He's giving him chances to shine but also not letting him get anything easy. I love it, just like how he benched him pretty much 2 games straight for his bad defense and then THT came back playing beastly defense.

Also, Vogel is clearly messing with different lineups to start the season. There's just so many great potential lineups with this current roster it's pretty insane.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

We're 11 deep. It's not really reasonable to play 11 players during non-garbage time. Even 10 is too much. 9 is usually the best number for a solid rotation. But for most of the season, at least one or two of our players have been out each game. This is really the first game in a while where we had all players healthy and ready to go.

THT will still play at least 55-60 of the 72 games this year just because we will continue to sit players whether that be load management, covid protocol, or minor injuries. It's great to be this deep!

This kid has a bright future. Next year, I can see him playing about 25-30 mins a game. I assume Wes and Markieff won't come back so next year can look like:

Gasol-MLE (hoping Trez comes back)
AD-Kuzma
LeBron-THT
KCP-Caruso
Schroder-Vet Min
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
We're 11 deep. It's not really reasonable to play 11 players during non-garbage time. Even 10 is too much. 9 is usually the best number for a solid rotation. But for most of the season, at least one or two of our players have been out each game. This is really the first game in a while where we had all players healthy and ready to go.

THT will still play at least 55-60 of the 72 games this year just because we will continue to sit players whether that be load management, covid protocol, or minor injuries. It's great to be this deep!

This kid has a bright future. Next year, I can see him playing about 25-30 mins a game. I assume Wes and Markieff won't come back so next year can look like:

AD-Kuzma
LeBron-THT
KCP-Caruso
Schroder-Vet Min

Hoping not that they are benching him because they are already trading him and they are already talking to other team. It's ironic that they bemched him after those rumora of teams interested in him.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:

AD-Kuzma
LeBron-THT
KCP-Caruso
Schroder-Vet Min

Hoping not that they are benching him because they are already trading him and they are already talking to other team. It's ironic that they bemched him after those rumora of teams interested in him.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-is-there-a-talen-horton-tucker-conspiracy-kendrick-perkins-makes-the-claim/amp/
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:

Well, last 2 games he took some I'll advised shots. 13-2 from the field, 7-0 from 3pt. His 3pt % have dived to 27.9%. Besides, our 3&D guy, Wesley was coming after a 3 game absence. People forget THT is our 11 men in the depth chart and he is a real young guy. I have no doubt our great coaches, PHandy, MSimon and MPember3 are working full time with THT.

There are only 14 games in the season, 58 to go. There is a lot of more chemistry building, role defining, offense fine tuning. We are good.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

Looks like Vogel trying to run a more traditional 10-man rotation.

And it's Matthews over THT.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

It seems to be a dumb move to leave a big market location for a few millions, when he can stay, become a post LBJ starter and get that max contract, plus endorsement money.

Come playoffs, we will see how good he is.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

A little worse off when we do not run those THT-Caruso lineups.

Not sure why Frank is playing Dennis even more minutes than AD-Lebron average (32 is their averages) in some games. Ok we all love Wes, so when he is back, we wanna give him some PT, ok then slide Wes to 3, and use that THT-Caruso backcourt.

Really weird, he is not even cracking the top 10. But Alex got this treatment last year at times, and he responded great. I do think we should be playing a lot less Dennis Schroder led lineups, and more THT-Caruso or THT-Caruso-Schroder 3 guard lineups. Multiple shot creators, multiple combo guards. I really do not like it when it is Dennis, AD, Trez, Kuz, type of lineups. Just not enough guard skills, and too much reliance on Dennis limited PG skills.

Share the PG duties among Bron-Dennis, THT-Caruso, and then THT or Caruso-Dennis and use Wesley as a smaller 3. Kuzma has no business playing the 3 or 2 on a team like this!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Not sure why Frank is playing Dennis even more minutes than AD-Lebron average (32 is their averages) in some games. Ok we all love Wes, so when he is back, we wanna give him some PT, ok then slide Wes to 3, and use that THT-Caruso backcourt.

Really weird, he is not even cracking the top 10. But Alex got this treatment last year at times, and he responded great. I do think we should be playing a lot less Dennis Schroder led lineups, and more THT-Caruso or THT-Caruso-Schroder 3 guard lineups. Multiple shot creators, multiple combo guards. I really do not like it when it is Dennis, AD, Trez, Kuz, type of lineups. Just not enough guard skills, and too much reliance on Dennis limited PG skills.

Share the PG duties among Bron-Dennis, THT-Caruso, and then THT or Caruso-Dennis and use Wesley as a smaller 3. Kuzma has no business playing the 3 or 2 on a team like this!

THT will have his opportunity at some point but securing Schroder is more important right now until we get his extension done.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

If THT doesn’t play vs. Bucks he will have played only 16 minutes (13 and 3) since 9 days ago. 16 minutes in 9 days!! That’s not how you get him ready for the playoffs. What a waste of talent.😡
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

THT will have his opportunity at some point but securing Schroder is more important right now until we get his extension done.
just stop playing Wes Matthew over him
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Agreed

wolfpaclaker wrote:

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Keep developing him slowly. He is very good but he isn’t ready to be consistent just yet. He will get his minutes when injuries happen and in blowouts. That’s enough for now. Imo the only reason he played so much so far is because kcp, Caruso and Mathews have had injuries. It’s a long season and you will get more tht

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Next season he’s a rotation player though. Big Role next season if he keeps developing at the pace he’s at.

Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Next season he’s a rotation player though. Big Role next season if he keeps developing at the pace he’s at.

Good. Then move DS to the bench where he belongs.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I would cash in and trade him for a younger player on a cheap contract that can play the 1-2.

NVM he is just that
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

I think he and Alex form one of the best backcourts in the NBA off the bench (for bench backcourts). They have chemistry. So long as Alex keeps shooting 3s we are fine with running them together as they can share the PG duties. Best thing about them, they look to get the ball to the target scorers and run offense. While, sustaining the same defensive effort that Dennis usually brings. Its almost as if what we lose in scoring skill from Dennis and KCP, we gain in IQ-offense being run more potently. That is what I have seen so far. By playoffs would be cool if we ran more 3 guard lineups like

Dennis-Caruso-KCP
Caruso-THT-Wesley
Dennis-KCP-Wesley

Bron-Kuz at the 4.
AD-Trez or Kieff or Gasol at the 5.

Those kind of rotations at the 3-2-1 would be legit amazing, and take us to another level, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

Imagine a rotation of Dennis/THT/AC going forward. Defensive possibilities galore (and different types of defenders). We may have one guard too many, but I would play Wes more at "SF." But then we have a minutes issue with Kuz who is playing mostly SG/SF off the bench. Good problem to have I guess.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
I would cash in and trade him for a younger player on a cheap contract that can play the 1-2.

Maybe in 10 years we’ll find out that he’s 40, not 30?
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Is be hurt? No minutes for weeks. Ridiculous. Its not like Wes and Kuz are lights out. We need tht defense.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

He's running DS for the same reason they went to AD so much pre-bubble last year -building experience. There isn't a PG on our roster that has been a fulltime NBA starter before. Frank needs to get DS up to speed before the playoffs or determine if that's not going to work and go through the same process with Caruso.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject:

Talen’s style of play driving to the basket means he needs to make a name for himself to get foul calls. If they bench him and play him late in the season, he won’t get those calls at all.

I believe that Talen’s ceiling is higher than DS, and it’s only a matter of time. Just like Elden Campbell was good, Shaq was that much better. Talen’s style of attack, passing, pick and pop, entry pass, are going to be great. He needs to develop his off hand at the rim. Defensively he needs to work on what spots to be in a team setting, and study film to learn what space to give what players so he won’t get burnt by slacking off a hot shooting Trent Jr. He’s being mentored by Lebron, Handy, Kidd, AD, only 20 years old. More he plays the more he will improve.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:48 am    Post subject:

THT is the nu-Yute. He's unlucky to have been born as LATE!! as he was. If he were older, he could've gotten puke in shower minutes under Walton's disgusting tenure. As it is, he got drafted to a championship probable and is being treated like a real rookie unlike Kuz was treated.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 105 of 202
Jump to: