Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Will Trezz ever pass to THT?

Great job by THT not falling for that petty (bleep) like Trezz.

What? Looks like they are having a good chemistry out there. THT is always looking for harrell. I dont think they have a beef anymore.

THT will pass to Trezz and Trezz has gotten a lot of easy baskets off of THT assists.

Trezz won’t pass to THT. Even if THT is wide open, he doesn’t pass to him. It is obvious that this is intentional at this point.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Defensively, he's going to be a beast. He's playing two-way ball (some occasional mistakes on D), but at his age? Kid is going to only get better and he's already strong. Got to keep getting him minutes.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

What? Looks like they are having a good chemistry out there. THT is always looking for harrell. I dont think they have a beef anymore.

THT will pass to Trezz and Trezz has gotten a lot of easy baskets off of THT assists.

Trezz won’t pass to THT. Even if THT is wide open, he doesn’t pass to him. It is obvious that this is intentional at this point.

Nope. Watch the game or even in this highlight. Trezz pass to THT multiple times.

MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

THT as the floor general for the bench is doing just fine, starters outside of Bron and occasionally DS are sucking ass.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject:

In the event that Schröder doesn’t re-sign THT plugged into the starting lineup would be a good replacement if not an upgrade.

Next year (assuming Dennis doesn’t re-sign):

Gasol
AD
LeBron-Kuzma
KCP
THT-Caruso

Need to fill out the roster a bit more with the MLE and hope that Trez signs back with the team.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:33 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
^THT NEVER uses his left, eventually teams will scout that. I saw that after the preseason, doesn't matter where he is at the rim he will always go to his right hand to finish. One of those things that a good coach would have developed with him early on, now it's an instinct thing for him to always go with his dominant hand - will be hard to fix but I'm sure Handy is on it.

Yeah, mentioned this a while back. One of the reasons he reminds me a little of Manu offensively is that he will always find a way to bring it back to his dominant hand. It makes for some twisty finishes at times, which was a Manu trait, as well.

CP3, as well. THT is young enough to still develop his off hand, though.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
^THT NEVER uses his left, eventually teams will scout that. I saw that after the preseason, doesn't matter where he is at the rim he will always go to his right hand to finish. One of those things that a good coach would have developed with him early on, now it's an instinct thing for him to always go with his dominant hand - will be hard to fix but I'm sure Handy is on it.

Yeah, mentioned this a while back. One of the reasons he reminds me a little of Manu offensively is that he will always find a way to bring it back to his dominant hand. It makes for some twisty finishes at times, which was a Manu trait, as well.

CP3, as well. THT is young enough to still develop his off hand, though.

Yep. Short offseason did not help.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject:

They can't stop his right hand though. He's too crafty and has too long of a wingspan to stop.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:02 am    Post subject:

He does not use his left but he ALWAYS uses his body to shield defenders (always does a sort of reverse layup). You would think the entire league would know about this in their scouting.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Defensively, he's going to be a beast. He's playing two-way ball (some occasional mistakes on D), but at his age? Kid is going to only get better and he's already strong. Got to keep getting him minutes.

Imagine THT with a decent mid-range game and slightly better 3-shooting (33 now, 37+ target). Both are well within reach given he's only 20. That's not a 6th man ceiling some are projecting, that's a star(ter).
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

That pass to harrell
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
That pass to harrell

Yep, he has some of the best playmaking on the team, after Bron. It is like Bron, and then mini-Bron. Pretty freaking cool, man.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:42 am    Post subject:

The answer has been to play more AC/THT off the bench, not bench DS.

I think DS is beginning to adapt to his role behind AD/LBJ.

THT is stepping up to the bench playmaker (when LBJ is sitting). I think THT hasn't even scratched the surface yet as a playmaker. Just hope Vogel doesn't yank his minutes around to placate some of the other vets who aren't playing as much anymore.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

THT highlights vs Denver:

17 points (8-12FG), 3 rebs, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block +17 p/m.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

THT is stepping up to the bench playmaker (when LBJ is sitting). I think THT hasn't even scratched the surface yet as a playmaker. Just hope Vogel doesn't yank his minutes around to placate some of the other vets who aren't playing as much anymore.

I thought the same watching last night. THT is the secondary playmaker imo and Vogel would be wise to let him run with that and gain all the reps and experience before playoffs begin.

Last year, he was the 3rd best playmaker behind LBJ and Rondo. He has all the potential and can take on that Rondo role off the bench.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I saw your post after the game last night. So, just to be certain, I went back and watched it again. His "obvious" and "intentional" avoidance of passing THT the ball simply isn't true.

No doubt there was tension there, but it seems most here are trying to keep it going by micro-focusing on those two. Please, lets move on.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

Kid is our future long term guard. I've already seen enough to know this fact at this point. He has that "it factor". Now, besides the fact he was freaking impressive yet again, I want to talk about what he should work on to expand his game.

What the kid has right now is already really good, and his progress has been outstanding. Yet there are a few things I've noticed that he should look to improve on:

- Midrange Jumper. I swear, I don't think I've EVER seen him take ONE midrange jumper, or a pull up from the free throw line either. His offensive game currently is either shooting the 3, or driving hard to the basket. Funny enough, he is the PERFECT player for Mike Dantoni as the new James Harden.

However, I think THT's game would open up A LOT MORE with a pull-up jumper. It would make him a lot less predictable on offense. If he can develop one through the likes of players like Demar DeRozen, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Chris Paul, etc. He doesn't need to be as good as those guys at it, nor does he need to shoot them as much as they do, but being able to catch a defense slippinf by faking going to the whole and pulling up from the free throw line? You're gonna score a lot more points kid. Plus it even opens up more passing opportunities as you can potentially create an even better shot for someone else.

- Develop a left hand. Most here have probably already noticed, but pretty much all his layups have been right handed. Whether it's a simple straight line, his signature reverse scoop layups he loves to do, even when he drives to the left, he will use his right hand. Granted, he's succeeded very well with it and he's got GREAT control with that right hand. However, good teams later in the season WILL scout him out, and will eventually figure it out.

Now granted, this is a very common problem even with someone of the great players in the league and throughout history, but because of how aggressive he is in going to the basket, I really would like to see him develop that left hand better. Make him near un-blockable. This is where Lebron James should take THT under his wing and work on those fundamentals. THT has some similar traits that Lebron can teach him and make him better at it. He's got the physical gifts of both strength, and length. That's not something you can teach.

The fact THESE are probably my only two things for him to work on, at age 20, as a 2nd round pick, is dare I say, incredible. He's so gifted physically and knows just how to use it. His defense is already very solid and gives even some of the best players headaches to go through because of his wingspan. Obviously he makes some mistakes here and there, but nothing that indicates low IQ on that front. Just mistakes you would expect a 20 year old kid to make right now.

I'm rooting so hard for THT. I truly believe he's the future here. If he were a number one option on a bad team, I believe he would average some pretty spectacular numbers (this was also said by some experts around the league, he's being noticed by more people now). I'm also so glad Vogel has finally decided to make Wes and Markieff bench warmers until further notice for THT. He deserves those minutes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

THT has taken Wes Matthews minutes and our 9 man rotation no longer includes Matthews it seems.

Starters:
Dennis Schroeder
KCP
LeBron James
Anthony Davis
Marc Gasol

Bench:
Alex Caruso
THT
Kyle Kuzma
Montrezl Harrell

Players 10-14 is Kieff, Matthews, Dudley, Cook and McKinnie
Two-Ways are Cacok and Kostas.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought the same watching last night. THT is the secondary playmaker imo and Vogel would be wise to let him run with that and gain all the reps and experience before playoffs begin.

Last year, he was the 3rd best playmaker behind LBJ and Rondo. He has all the potential and can take on that Rondo role off the bench.

Last year, he almost didn't play. He was almost all year with South Bay
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
He does not use his left but he ALWAYS uses his body to shield defenders (always does a sort of reverse layup). You would think the entire league would know about this in their scouting.

YEP!
THT is a master at the reverse layup. He can contort his body in a number of ways to shield off a defender.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep and he was still the 3rd best ball handler in the organization whether he played with the small amount of minutes with the Lakers or was in South Bay.

That’s how much we lacked ball handling last year. It was basically LBJ and hoping Rondo could stay healthy to lessen the burden on LBJ.

This season we are legitimately 3 deep with LBJ, Schroder and THT. Caruso has also improved in this area.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Last 6 games THT has played in

8 PPG
3.2 REB
1.0 AST
1.2 STL
54% Field Goal
66% Three Pointer

17.8 MPG

Giving us some solid bench numbers for what he's asked to do. He's played in 5 straight games as well. It seems he may have played himself into the rotation over Wes.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Imagine THT with a decent mid-range game and slightly better 3-shooting (33 now, 37+ target). Both are well within reach given he's only 20. That's not a 6th man ceiling some are projecting, that's a star(ter).

He has a lot of areas to improve in his game right now, but I think his upside is higher than just being a starter. I think he can be star. His ability to get to the basket, use his body and finish is very good. If he can develop his off hand, and improve his jumper he can be a 20 point a game scorer.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

AC - THT - DS is defensive hell on opposing guards
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lakerican wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep and he was still the 3rd best ball handler in the organization whether he played with the small amount of minutes with the Lakers or was in South Bay.

That’s how much we lacked ball handling last year. It was basically LBJ and hoping Rondo could stay healthy to lessen the burden on LBJ.

This season we are legitimately 3 deep with LBJ, Schroder and THT. Caruso has also improved in this area.

Yeah, agree 100% he was the 3rd best last year regardless of how much he played.

This year you add Dennis and like you mentioned Caruso has made a pretty big jump along with Kuzma as well with there ability to have a couple nice passes each game and are always willing to swing the ball quickly for the hockey assist as well. AD is still improving here as well and I just heard him mention how he is constantly asking Gasol and Lebron questions and trying to get better there as well. Basically a ton of unselfishness going on with this current roster and they are still figuring each other and for some even themselves out.

If THT keeps getting plenty of burn in this regular season I have full confidence he can help spell Lebron for a few minutes each half in the Playoffs like Rondo did for us last year as far as facilitating goes and keeping things running smoothly. kind of funny how many hoped Dennis would be that Rondo replacement but in reality it looks like it could very well be THT. Dennis is still a beast just a bit of a different role and it's a great thing we don't have to try and force him into something he's not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 109 of 202
Jump to: