Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
If I have to choose between him and DS, I would keep THT. His upside in unreal and he can become not maybe AS, but close to it. Worth of developing and the contract. Ds is kind of what he is. He will not improve much from where he is now.

I think these two are the ones that the Lakers will keep. Over AC/Trezz.

AC+THT over trez and DS for me.

We were garbage when ds went down. He affords us injuries.

DS at 20mil yearly is just not worth it for me. We can get someone who can fill the same role for much less. For 20mil yearly, id like someone who is borderline all star level.

You're going to replace him AND Trezz for the taxpayer MLE?

People aren't thinking very clearly about the Dennis situation. Lakers cannot afford to let him walk and I don't think they ever intended to.

Nah bro i was half serious when i said ac+tht over ds and trez. I get what you’re saying, it’s imperative for us to extend ds whether as part of our core or as an asset. I agree as well on your point about AC most likely getting the bag next season. Trez is growing on me as well, i like what he brings day in and day out. What do you think are the chances we can make him stay?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
If I have to choose between him and DS, I would keep THT. His upside in unreal and he can become not maybe AS, but close to it. Worth of developing and the contract. Ds is kind of what he is. He will not improve much from where he is now.

I think these two are the ones that the Lakers will keep. Over AC/Trezz.

AC+THT over trez and DS for me.

We were garbage when ds went down. He affords us injuries.

DS at 20mil yearly is just not worth it for me. We can get someone who can fill the same role for much less. For 20mil yearly, id like someone who is borderline all star level.

You're going to replace him AND Trezz for the taxpayer MLE?

People aren't thinking very clearly about the Dennis situation. Lakers cannot afford to let him walk and I don't think they ever intended to.

Nah bro i was half serious when i said ac+tht over ds and trez. I get what you’re saying, it’s imperative for us to extend ds whether as part of our core or as an asset. I agree as well on your point about AC most likely getting the bag next season. Trez is growing on me as well, i like what he brings day in and day out. What do you think are the chances we can make him stay?

Trez is a goner unless he underperformed again which is highly unlikely. I would definitely keep AC and THT and will not overpay Schroder. I think THT is ready to take over his role next year. I like the way Vogel bringing THT slowly and our developmental approach which is playing the winning type.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I would definitely keep AC and THT and will not overpay Schroder. I think THT is ready to take over his role next year. I like the way Vogel bringing THT slowly and our developmental approach which is playing the winning type.

I don't think THT can take Dennis's role. He's only 20 and will still need a few years to season. I actually like when they play together as we have 2 guys who can slash to the rim. KCP/Wes are utterly useless in that respect when they play the 2 guard.

I think AC is the clear odd man out here. He will get offers that are too big for the Lakers to match.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I would definitely keep AC and THT and will not overpay Schroder. I think THT is ready to take over his role next year. I like the way Vogel bringing THT slowly and our developmental approach which is playing the winning type.

I don't think THT can take Dennis's role. He's only 20 and will still need a few years to season. I actually like when they play together as we have 2 guys who can slash to the rim. KCP/Wes are utterly useless in that respect when they play the 2 guard.

I think AC is the clear odd man out here. He will get offers that are too big for the Lakers to match.

AC has already established chemistry with Lebron and that’s already proven especially when it matters. I think Schroder is more of a luxury so overpaying him is just not prudent . He has not shown enough chemistry with Lebron and AD to prove he is worth it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

AC has already established chemistry with Lebron and that’s already proven especially when it matters. I think Schroder is more of a luxury so overpaying him is just not prudent . He has not shown enough chemistry with Lebron and AD to prove he is worth it.

You mean AC had several seasons to establish chemistry with LBJ, and then a whole season plus postseason with AD?

Dennis gets less than 40 games? Is that how it works?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

THT is part of the future.

Team is 7-2 with Dennis (while AD out).

Team is 0-4 with Dennis out (while THT/AC also playing). Pretty telling.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I wouldn’t use the 0-4 stretch as an argument for DS. That was against superteam brooklyn, miami finals rematch, a surging wizards and league-best jazz.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I wouldn’t use the 0-4 stretch as an argument for DS. That was against superteam brooklyn, miami finals rematch, a surging wizards and league-best jazz.

We easily win 2 of those games, possibly 3 with Dennis. That's the point.

Nets (lost by 11)
1. AC: 2 points (-20)
2. THT: 9 points (-14)

Heat (lost by 2)
1. AC: 0 points (-5)
2. THT 5 points (-8)

Wiz (lost by 3)
1. AC: 11 points (+2)
2. THT 7 points (+3)

Jazz (lost by 25)
1. AC: 3 points (-11)
2. THT: 8 points (-16)

Yeah, we win 2 games, possibly 3 with Dennis playing. AC/THT can't replace Dennis's role.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

I remember each of those losses vividly. It was basically LBJ having to do everything all game long.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

6 of those 7 wins were against non playoff teams, the other 1 is against a handicapped blazers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

6 of those 7 wins were against non playoff teams, the other 1 is against a handicapped blazers.

And that's his fault how?

I put the AC/THT contributions in those losses. And Dennis puts us over the top in 2 of those games against tough teams, and I think we could beat the Nets. Jazz? That's probably a lost cause without AD.

I don't get how folks go to great lengths to downplay Dennis's contribution to this team. He's not a star. But he's probably our 3rd most important player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Sorry, I was incorrect. The Lakers are actually 12-2 with LBJ/Dennis (but no AD).
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I put the AC/THT contributions in those losses. And Dennis puts us over the top in 2 of those games against tough teams, and I think we could beat the Nets. Jazz? That's probably a lost cause without AD.

I don't get how folks go to great lengths to downplay Dennis's contribution to this team. He's not a star. But he's probably our 3rd most important player.

Im not downplaying ds’s contribution to the team, im just saying that 7-2 and 0-4 stretch is not exactly a strong argument in favor of him. I agree ds is probably our 3rd most important player, but his skillset is not really rare in the league. He will still probably get the extension he is asking for, mostly because of our salary cap situation and our roster makeup.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

If/when this kid gets to shooting the 3-ball north of 35% it's going to be game over.

Last edited by ThePageDude on Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

Can't trade this player. He's one of the youngest players in the league. He's contributing on a championship contender. He has a quirk to his game (long arms) making him difficult to defend. He gets to the basket at will.

Once the mental side really clicks with him (and he's ahead of schedule IMO.) it's going to be lights out. Practicing and playing with LeBron James is going to really help him.

He is going to be a heavy rotation type player with championship exposure at a really young age. Lakers lucked out here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Im not downplaying ds’s contribution to the team, im just saying that 7-2 and 0-4 stretch is not exactly a strong argument in favor of him. I agree ds is probably our 3rd most important player, but his skillset is not really rare in the league. He will still probably get the extension he is asking for, mostly because of our salary cap situation and our roster makeup.

It's actually 12-2. That's a pretty damn strong argument in favor of his value to this team. We simply do not have many players capable of scoring off the dribble on this team. Only 2 others besides LBJ/AD, and one just turned 20 and will need a lot of seasoning.

Even if you think his skillset is easy to get, you won't get it for the minimum and then you have to replace Trezz too.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's actually 12-2. That's a pretty damn strong argument in favor of his value to this team. We simply do not have many players capable of scoring off the dribble on this team. Only 2 others besides LBJ/AD, and one just turned 20 and will need a lot of seasoning.

Even if you think his skillset is easy to get, you won't get it for the minimum and then you have to replace Trezz too.

Lol it’s 11-3, the 4 additional wins were against okc (twice), bulls and wolves.

Again, im not downplaying his value to the team. Im saying he is not worth 20+mil to any other team besides us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol it’s 11-3, the 4 additional wins were against okc (twice), bulls and wolves.

Again, im not downplaying his value to the team. Im saying he is not worth 20+mil to any other team besides us.

Isn't that the whole point?

I bet his agent has intel that other teams may be willing to give him 20M+ in the offseason. Remember, bunch of teams saved up cap space for Giannis. He's not there so Dennis shoots up the FA rankings. Lakers probably should extend lest he gets more expensive in the offseason.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

You mean AC had several seasons to establish chemistry with LBJ, and then a whole season plus postseason with AD?

Dennis gets less than 40 games? Is that how it works?

You don’t have to analyze this. AC does not need to have the ball to be effective. Can’t say the same about Schroder. We need Schroder more on regular season but when Lebron is playing all out in playoff, that leave very little for Schroder to play his game.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Isn't that the whole point?

I bet his agent has intel that other teams may be willing to give him 20M+ in the offseason. Remember, bunch of teams saved up cap space for Giannis. He's not there so Dennis shoots up the FA rankings. Lakers probably should extend lest he gets more expensive in the offseason.

DS’s statement was about his contract extension being “fair on both sides”, how is it fair if we’re overpaying him?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
DS’s statement was about his contract extension being “fair on both sides”, how is it fair if we’re overpaying him?

Do you have inside information aside from a stray WOJ statement (he has no connections apparently with Pelinka's FO and has been shut out, ergo his Clippers love) that he is actually seeking 20m+? It's conjecture.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

Anyways, why don't we continue in the Dennis thread?

I love THT and think he will be a Laker for a long time. I also think Dennis will be re-signed but sadly Trezz/AC will get much lucrative offers elsewhere.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Do you have inside information aside from a stray WOJ statement (he has no connections apparently with Pelinka's FO and has been shut out, ergo his Clippers love) that he is actually seeking 20m+? It's conjecture.

What? Bro that’s the whole premise of my argument—that i dont think ds is worth 20m+. I have absolutely no problem if it’s in the 15 to 18m range.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

When he finally puts it all together, he’s gonna be nightmare for opposing guards. They’re just not used to guarding a guy who’s that close to the rim once he gets in the paint. Then add the fact that he’s gonna be stronger than a lot of them too, and that’s a really tough matchup, especially when you gotta gameplan to stop AD and Bron first and foremost.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 114, 115, 116 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 115 of 202
Jump to: