Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

He’s only 20. Hopefully he has a Tatum like late growth spurt lol.

THT at 6’6 would be insane
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

Ahhhh remember when LG crucified the front office for refusing to trade THT for Lowry....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Ahhhh remember when LG crucified the front office for refusing to trade THT for Lowry....

Might have cost a title
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
He helps me enjoy watching the games. Him and Reaves.

There’s nobody else who I particularly care about on this team. Thanks Rob.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

THT bodying up Giannis sticks in my mind like Bynum's reverse spin and dunk on Shaq. Fearless, and also show Vogel is stupid. Where was Dwight last night to body up Giannis?
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
THT bodying up Giannis sticks in my mind like Bynum's reverse spin and dunk on Shaq. Fearless, and also show Vogel is stupid. Where was Dwight last night to body up Giannis?

Reminds me of that game Ingram went off on the Bucks and dunked on Giannis.. At that moment I knew Ingram was gonna be a star
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

We’ve always seen promises of the scoring capability of this guy, but if he could become a legit two-way player, the sky’s the limit.

I understand he has to play wing due to how the roster is constructed, but I much rather he defends guards and use his lengTHT towards perimeter penetration (pause).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEd1ma0XIAMJFWV?format=jpg&name=large

If you give AD a legit consistent perimeter defender, you supercharge him as a defender and the team only benefits from it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
He is an effortless scorer at 20 years old.

If he develops a reliable jumpshot, shows slight improvement on getting his teammates more involved, and becomes an above average defender..

He’s a superstar level player. His trade value around the league has to be sky high at this point.

GMs around the league have been trying to fleece the Lakers on a THT trade. Good thing Magic isn’t in charge or we would have made that Ill advised trade with the Raptors and set them up for the next 5 years.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

I understand he has to play wing due to how the roster is constructed, but I much rather he defends guards and use his lengTHT towards perimeter penetration (pause).

Right on !
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

Disagree. It would have cost us THT, Dennis and KCP. 3 rotation players out and Lowry in. We were still weeks away from LBJ/AD returning so I think we actually miss the playoffs due to depth issues AND trade away THT too.

I was for trading Dennis/KCP/2021 1st for Lowry, but against including THT. I think the Lakers made the right call on keeping THT. Would have been nice to keep AC too, but if it came down to those 2, THT is the right call.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

Disagree. It would have cost us THT, Dennis and KCP. 3 rotation players out and Lowry in. We were still weeks away from LBJ/AD returning so I think we actually miss the playoffs due to depth issues AND trade away THT too.

I was for trading Dennis/KCP/2021 1st for Lowry, but against including THT. I think the Lakers made the right call on keeping THT. Would have been nice to keep AC too, but if it came down to those 2, THT is the right call.

definitely cost us the title. with healthy lowry and hobbled ad/bron we would have beaten the suns and time for ad/bron to heal till the finals

hope this guy turns out to be good
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

definitely cost us the title. with healthy lowry and hobbled ad/bron we would have beaten the suns and time for ad/bron to heal till the finals

LMAO, we weren’t winning with an injured AD who was nowhere ready to come back or a hobbled Bron. If we had Lowry, we’d have no reliable role players besides Marc and Caruso.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title
\

Probably not, since Lebron and AD both got hurt after that.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

LMAO, we weren’t winning with an injured AD who was nowhere ready to come back or a hobbled Bron. If we had Lowry, we’d have no reliable role players besides Marc and Caruso.

Not to mention Lowry wasn't even healthy to end the year and played 7 games total in April and May. Not sure if these guys are even serious about that trade costing a title.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

No. I don't think we MAKE the playoffs. Remember AD/LBJ were both hurt at the deadline. We would have lost 3 rotation players and gained 1. And we were already struggling.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

THT, HBK, and Crypto.com are the 3 headed monster in the Lakers future.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

costing us a title
utterly ridiculous
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

With LeBron and AD being so dinged up last playoffs, Lowry coming off a nagging injury of his own wouldn't have been the difference against the Suns.

It seems like Lowry was set on Miami, so holding onto THT and turning KCP into an "asset" in Westbrook is obviously the better outcome than trading for Lowry who then walks.

This season I think I'd prefer a hypothetical roster with Lowry and Hield over Westbrook and THT (maybe Jeanie gives AC a new contract in that scenario, as well) if the goal is to win another title in LeBron's window. But that's assuming Lowry re-signed and THT's current perimeter shooting takes a dip.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Might have cost a title

You could be right, it is all speculation.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

What’s exciting about his game thus far in the extremely limited sample size is that his jumpshot makes are pure and his misses are right around the rim.

The game looks smooth and seems to be slowing down for him. Good stuff there.
Intlakeshow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
What’s exciting about his game thus far in the extremely limited sample size is that his jumpshot makes are pure and his misses are right around the rim.

The game looks smooth and seems to be slowing down for him. Good stuff there.

I’ve noticed that too, even when he misses they’re those so called soft misses that bounce gently off the rim, which is usually a sign of a good shooter’s touch.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Makes picking Westbrook over Hield/Caruso/KCP suck even more
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:

Thought highly enough of him that they preferred to keep him over Lowry.

Didn't think highly enough of him to keep from tragically pushing all their chips on a Russell Westbrook trade.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

We’d also be farther ahead on his development if Vogel had sat DS when he was sucking, and stuck to Lebron’s minute limits. THT was very productive vs Suns, but he didn’t play in several games as well. Not having an off season and practices last year hurt his development he said too.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Right on !

Would like to see him able to take on 2's more often, getting LBJ and Ariza back could help in that regard.

Great games so far for THT.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 147 of 202
Jump to: